The Case Files of the Lost, my Platinum list and backlog

CJ_Mystery

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I spent five days on that game going through the story and spent a lot of hours at the very ends getting the remaining 45 levels I needed to get Gemma Knight. :)

Picked up Mana on sale last week too. Decided to plug it in earlier tonite after this. Guess I’m committed now. ?

Edited by donut_plz

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

As you recently finished Adventures of Mana, I was wondering if you had any plans on buying the Secrets of Mana remake?

Definitely, even though I wanted to save some money on getting the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest Builders, which I know will be a ton of bucks - the games I got for Christmas were $60 each. I could download games on the Switch but the only ones I could afford are stuff I can plat on PS4 (Oceanhorn, 36 Shards of Midnight, etc.) and yes while DQB is being platted on my Vita, the Switch version has a few add-ons that make it a must-add on your Nintendo Switch.

But I'll get Secret of Mana HD. The original was one of my favorite RPGs back when all we had were SNES and Sega Genesis(I had played to completion Phantasy Star IV without saving because my Genesis copy was scratched and I coudn't save) and it's a worthy addition to my trophy cabinet. :D

• Like 1

Spent a day and a half grinding in Disgaea 5 and managed to get Item Polisher. I should try to farm to get the epic Staff for Wally, who is going to be the magician who uses Tera Star to get Damage-O-Holic. Been farming Asagi map for shards and extracts which is so boring.

I have downloaded a few games to PS4 for later - Ratchet and Clank, LEGO Jurassic World, Grim Legends 1, and Oceanhorn. I will probably do one of them tonight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Spent a day and a half grinding in Disgaea 5 and managed to get Item Polisher. I should try to farm to get the epic Staff for Wally, who is going to be the magician who uses Tera Star to get Damage-O-Holic. Been farming Asagi map for shards and extracts which is so boring.

I have downloaded a few games to PS4 for later - Ratchet and Clank, LEGO Jurassic World, Grim Legends 1, and Oceanhorn. I will probably do one of them tonight.

You've been making really good progress with Disgaea, great job :)

Sounds like you have some awesome games lined up to play too.  I've not done Ratchet and Clank, but Lego Jurassic World was one of my favorite Lego games and Oceanhorn was superb.  I hope you enjoy what you have planned out.

Sorry if I haven't updated in a while, I am slowly recovering from a allergy-induced house cold so I am coughing up gross stuff and blowing my nose a lot. I should not even be typing, I should be in bed. xD?

Anyways, I have updated with my next four games on the list.

S3b3f5c.pngSf777a0.pngSb3f530.pngS46cf28.png

(The first game is the Vita version of My Name Is Mayo.)

42 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Holy crap, CJ. At the rate you're going, you'll have 12,600 trophies by the end of the year! Are you... even human?

Wait, that's your goal... Why, CJ? WHY!?

If you checked the games I've platinumed so far, you can find out that most of these games could easily be 100% by anyone who has half-a-brain. I wanted to get those easy games out of the way because then I can enjoy the harder games (like Kingdom Hearts and Disgaea, which have some really time-consuming trophies) and I also have a huge backlog of games on all of my accounts that I bought on impulse. I should probably increase some of the goals a bit - I didn't realize how fast I'd get to Rank 14!

Well yeah, but as I said before, most of the games can be 100% trophy complete in a few hours. I didn't help my cause by platting Nubla or both versions of MNIM. :P

Right now though, I am at a sort of impasse. Here are the games I have on my other libraries I could work on next which are easy but not as quick as the last set:

1. The Book of Unfinished Tales 2 (has a couple of annoying RNG moments)
  2. The Little Acre (same as above and one part needs to have a backup save or the run ends)
  3. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (It's a long, boring, cannot speed it up walking simulator and the only reason I balk is because last time I platted this on an old account I missed a collectible and didn't know which one I had missed.)
  4. Grim Fandango Remastered (Ugh, having to move through the game with a tank control setup is painful as hell)
  5. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (only thing is the ring races in Precursor Valley, I'm used to dying over and over again)
  6. LEGO The Hobbit or LEGO Marvel's Avengers (the former has a lot of tough races and the latter has a part where you can easily fail to get a collectible minikit before the game forces you into a cutscene on the last level)

I do also have Dragon Quest Builders but I am consulting a guide on that so it's slow going.

• Like 1

To me, no matter how quick and easy they are to do so many so quickly is still and impressive feat of time use. I wish I could play like that but  never get more than a few hours at a time and not many times a week. Other responsibilities have a way of creeping in. ? 

Im finishing Grim Fandango as part of the Lent challange. You just reminded me about Rapture too. I think that might fit the challange guidelines as well. Lately for collectables, I have my playthrough planned before hand. If I sort all the collectables by chapter and have it written out before hand, it keeps me from backtracking. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Since my community thread is a bust, I decided to post this new list - basically all of the games I am going to platinum which were also in either AGDQ or SGDQ. If you don't know about Games Done Quick, it's a little community based on speedrunning video and computer games and they hold a bi-annual charity marathon: Awesome Games Done Quick(which supports the Prevent Cancer Federation) is aired live on Twitch every January and Summer Games Done Quick (which supports Doctors Without Borders, a charity that seeks to is done at the end of every June.

For those who are wondering what a charity marathon is, it's basically the Internet version of those old week-long TV telethons that they aired in the 80s, only they are aired on Twitch.com and broadcast speedruns of games, which are basically gaming sessions where the goal is to complete the game's story as fast as possible. I strongly suggest checking out this video done by Darkman78 and SpikeVegeta(one of my favorite commentators - he's also been a part of RPG Limit Break, which airs on Twitch during May and supports a charity I am deeply connected with, NAMI[National Association for Mental Disorder], and they focus on speedrunning RPGs only) if you are curious about speedrunning. I am a big fan of it myself and watching their marathons has wiled away the hours while I was busy grinding trophies. :)

So I am going to try to get platinums based on the following games. (Links to the archived videos on Youtube are included if you want to check out the runs yourself and the timestamps the runs start. Yes, the runs are done on the PC Steam versions of the games.)

• Cat Quest (run at AGDQ2018 by Sneaky; run starts at 12:49)
  • Yooka-Laylee (run at AGDQ2018 by Reyathae; run starts at 15:16)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (run at AGDQ2018 by OutrageousJosh; run starts at 15:04)
  • Shantae Half-Genie Hero (run at SGDQ2017 by skateman222; run starts at 9:25)
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (run at AGDQ2017 by THMCS, run starts at 8:51)
  • Teslagrad (run at AGDQ2016 by frozentrually; run starts at 5:40)

Sorry I haven't updated recently, I have been battling pneumonia in my left lung. :(

Can-Cats-Get-Colds.jpg

But I got another platinum from a fun game that I used what was left of my grocery money to buy using the PSN Store's 10% discount code this month...

1L10438f.png#26 / Cat Quest

So that's one of my GDQ list down! :D I'm too worried about coughing up a lung to bother starting another game though I should. I will probably go back into Disgaea 5 or Birth by Sleep to grind - Ventus has been camping out in the Dwarf Mine for far too long. xD

• Like 1

I'm going to sound like a complete asshole to you here and feel free to criticize me back.

I personally think you should at least play a couple games that test your skills and/or have a time consuming/difficult platinum. I was on the easygoing train for a while, playing Nubla, Orc Slayer, NERO and so on but realized I wasn't getting a lot of satisfaction from those games. So I'm simply mixing it up with a few easy games here and there and some more difficult games, with a couple medium games in the formula.

The only reason for me to start a new account is to maintain 100 percent completion, regardless of how easy or difficult the game is. But you are free to do as you please.

Right now I'm playing Valley and will be starting Unravel after. Going to play a few easy to medium difficult games on the PS3 before starting Demon Souls and Dead Space 2. I like a challenge every now and then.

On 1/29/2018 at 7:42 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

Well yeah, but as I said before, most of the games can be 100% trophy complete in a few hours. I didn't help my cause by platting Nubla or both versions of MNIM. :P

Right now though, I am at a sort of impasse. Here are the games I have on my other libraries I could work on next which are easy but not as quick as the last set:

1. The Book of Unfinished Tales 2 (has a couple of annoying RNG moments)
  2. The Little Acre (same as above and one part needs to have a backup save or the run ends)
  3. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (It's a long, boring, cannot speed it up walking simulator and the only reason I balk is because last time I platted this on an old account I missed a collectible and didn't know which one I had missed.)
  4. Grim Fandango Remastered (Ugh, having to move through the game with a tank control setup is painful as hell)
  5. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (only thing is the ring races in Precursor Valley, I'm used to dying over and over again)
  6. LEGO The Hobbit or LEGO Marvel's Avengers (the former has a lot of tough races and the latter has a part where you can easily fail to get a collectible minikit before the game forces you into a cutscene on the last level)

I do also have Dragon Quest Builders but I am consulting a guide on that so it's slow going.

1. The Drunken minigame and Poker minigame will take a few tries. Nothing difficult but annoying. The rest of the game is easy with a guide, and it pays tribute to old point and click games and makes numerous references to Harry Potter and World of Warcraft. Definitely a solid game worth your time.

2. This is a pretty quick game. Can be done in under one hour if you follow a guide. I recommend watching Stay Pationt's video guide of the game, shows you everything you need to do at a steady pace.

3. This was a pain in the ass I will admit. Finding the Peeping Toms, the books with a bird on the covers and the orange radios sucked. You also have to find all the backpaths in the game and leave your controller idle for two trophies. Not a difficult game, just an annoying one to platinum.

4. The tank controls suck, but switching to the other controls at any time voids the trophy. I found this one to be rather funny, one of LucasArts gems along with Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.

5. Not too bad. Easy platformer although some of the orbs are annoying to get. Overall a better game than Jak II, but about equal with Jak 3.

I don't know the other games.

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm going to sound like a complete asshole to you here and feel free to criticize me back.

I personally think you should at least play a couple games that test your skills and/or have a time consuming/difficult platinum.

Feh, don't worry about being a jerkwad. I've gotten the same criticism from other people and I do want to calm your fears. All of these easy games may seem like a foundation of sand for my account, I just want to get them out of the way ASAP. Also, I'm not whoring myself totally. There are some quick and easies I will rather choke on than play. I'm not interested in Telltales' offerings and Orc Slayer is staying out of my cabinet on pain of very hateful death. (I've seen enough horror videos of it to know that even with all the easy stuff, it's very time-consuming and glitchy as heck.) I feel for you, man, you are a trooper to plat that piece of cat fecal matter that wasn't cleansed by kitty litter. :P

Thanks for the advice on the other games, though.

11 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Btw, how was jurassic world the Game ?:)

Are you talking about LEGO Jurassic World? The PS4 version is pretty good and you can fast travel if you hit the kiosks around the islands. There's a PS3 version but that one is, like all PS3 ports of PS4 LEGO games, glitchy and has some issues. (Personal experience from an older account.)

There is also a Vita version I am going to rent for platinum bling, but it's less detailed and there's a bit of a money grind you need to do for a trophy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Feh, don't worry about being a jerkwad. I've gotten the same criticism from other people and I do want to calm your fears. All of these easy games may seem like a foundation of sand for my account, I just want to get them out of the way ASAP. Also, I'm not whoring myself totally. There are some quick and easies I will rather choke on than play. I'm not interested in Telltales' offerings and Orc Slayer is staying out of my cabinet on pain of very hateful death. (I've seen enough horror videos of it to know that even with all the easy stuff, it's very time-consuming and glitchy as heck.) I feel for you, man, you are a trooper to plat that piece of cat fecal matter that wasn't cleansed by kitty litter. :P

TellTale Games has gotten mediocre. I wasn't crazy over Life is Strange but to me it was a better constructed game than a lot of what TellTale has been putting up lately.

Orc Slayer is just shit.

16 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Are you talking about LEGO Jurassic World? The PS4 version is pretty good and you can fast travel if you hit the kiosks around the islands. There's a PS3 version but that one is, like all PS3 ports of PS4 LEGO games, glitchy and has some issues. (Personal experience from an older account.)

There is also a Vita version I am going to rent for platinum bling, but it's less detailed and there's a bit of a money grind you need to do for a trophy.

I thought about one day doing EVERY SINGLE LEGO GAME on all platforms. But then you have LEGO Rock Band. Sad to say I probably can't get every single LEGO platinum.

Did some work on Dragon Quest Builders, got farther in Chapter 1(got the red teleportal) but no new trophies just yet. Got a few new room recipes.

Have to wait until some repairguy fixes my clothes washer and then I have to leave to get my weekly groceries, but after that I'll work some more on Ratchet and Clank. Oh wait, did I post this yet?

1L7fcd34.png #29 / LEGO The Hobbit (PS4 v.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

aalli.png

This is basically all I have left to earn on Disgaea 5. The problem is trying to get an uber character to handle the remaining Carnage stages I need to unlock Carnage Dark and going through the Item World until I get the legendary weapon. I do have a Level 9999 Sage with over 13,000,000 INT, but... farming Asagis for shards and extracts is so tedious.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Might be looking into Monster Hunter World. I have this crazy idea for a female character and her calicko sidekick, having read a book series about a cat detective. Also, if anyone can tell me where I could find a nice cover outfit to hide the armor you wear in the game because I really don't like the thought of having my character looking like some feral beast while hunting monsters. Call me vain but it's just a thing I have.

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Might be looking into Monster Hunter World. I have this crazy idea for a female character and her calicko sidekick, having read a book series about a cat detective. Also, if anyone can tell me where I could find a nice cover outfit to hide the armor you wear in the game because I really don't like the thought of having my character looking like some feral beast while hunting monsters. Call me vain but it's just a thing I have.

As a heads up the trophy list for MH World is pretty disgusting mate, I know you are planning to keep this profile at 100% and most estimates are putting the plat at like 1000 hours from what I've seen

• Like 1