The Case Files of the Lost, my Platinum list and backlog

CJ_Mystery

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Might be looking into Monster Hunter World. I have this crazy idea for a female character and her calicko sidekick, having read a book series about a cat detective. Also, if anyone can tell me where I could find a nice cover outfit to hide the armor you wear in the game because I really don't like the thought of having my character looking like some feral beast while hunting monsters. Call me vain but it's just a thing I have.

I'd like to give you a heads up as well. The plat is looking to take anywhere from 1,000-5,000 hours depending on RNG. I recommend you play it on a different account if you do buy it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Might be looking into Monster Hunter World. I have this crazy idea for a female character and her calicko sidekick, having read a book series about a cat detective. Also, if anyone can tell me where I could find a nice cover outfit to hide the armor you wear in the game because I really don't like the thought of having my character looking like some feral beast while hunting monsters. Call me vain but it's just a thing I have.

I don't think there are nice cover outfits, just different armor sets that you can get after you slay monsters and obtain materials to create pieces.  It's function, not fashion.

I know Kent and Dessane have already stated this is a 1000+ hour game, but I also wanted to add into the fact that it is tough game to play solo and being able to play online with a group of people is a must.  I would heed warnings on this one and if you are determined to get the game, then play it on an alternate account (otherwise we will be seeing a 9th account from you sooner than anticipated)

I know you will probably be determined and promise you'll be able to beat it and won't start over, but we have seen this happen to you before with other games (Binding of Isaac Rebirth comes to mind)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

As a heads up the trophy list for MH World is pretty disgusting mate, I know you are planning to keep this profile at 100% and most estimates are putting the plat at like 1000 hours from what I've seen

First off, I'm not saying I want to keep my profile at 100%. What my profile's goal is to only play games that I have the stamina to get 100% on. As you can see, I have a few unfinished games, but that doesn't mean they'll rot - I will finish them eventually given the right motivation. ;)

Second off, the time required to get 100% in a game doesn't scare me. I mean, everyone has to have a game that takes over a year to platinum, right? If everything was 2 hour platinums then there would be no reason to continue with the PS4 and I could just Switch to the Switch(rimshot). ^_^ Having a game that I have to keep going back to gives me a purpose in life. (Yes, I'm one of those unemployed gamers which has no source of income except the government, go sue me. :P)

Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to work on some games. I have to get my 30th platinum before the GameFly rentals start coming in. :D

• Like 2

Dang, 1000 hours for Monster Hunter? That's pretty intense. I don't think I could play ANY game for that long. I mean, I probably put 200-250 hours into Skyrim (over three characters), and I was bored out of my mind by the end. Can't imagine MH World being worth four Skyrims. Or is it?

Over/under on CJ hitting 100 plats before me?

• Like 1

Well, the trophy list is pretty extensive - there is the multiplayer requirements so that may take hours to get a good squad, and getting 100% in the monster manual which can take a ton of time. Nevertheless, it looks right up my alley and platinuming the game is something I can put as a long term goal, sort of like when I tried to do FFXIV. (I might still 100% FFXIV but I need to figure out how to switch my Square-Enix account so I can use it on my current PSN account. Not only that, I have Game Fly rentals coming so I must focus on those to avoid having the games in my house for too long. I know Game Fly doesn't have a late fee or anything but if I can't turn the games back in a week, I will hate myself.)

12 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, the trophy list is pretty extensive - there is the multiplayer requirements so that may take hours to get a good squad, and getting 100% in the monster manual which can take a ton of time. Nevertheless, it looks right up my alley and platinuming the game is something I can put as a long term goal, sort of like when I tried to do FFXIV. (I might still 100% FFXIV but I need to figure out how to switch my Square-Enix account so I can use it on my current PSN account. Not only that, I have Game Fly rentals coming so I must focus on those to avoid having the games in my house for too long. I know Game Fly doesn't have a late fee or anything but if I can't turn the games back in a week, I will hate myself.)

I'm sorry if I'm about to upset you but you're making a horrible mistake. We've seen you make account, after account, after account, after account, after account, after account, after account, after account and you always claim that you won't let the unfinished games bother you and that it'll be your last account. You said you would plat FF XIV, The Binding of Isaac and other long games all of which don't compare to the time needed to complete Monster Hunter World. The game involves 1,000's of hours of RNG grinding and the game is also difficult without a strong group. We're trying to help you but you continue to make the same mistakes time and time again. You'd think after 8 accounts all created for the same reason you would've learned. I apologize if I was harsh but if you start it on this account I'll see you on account nine in a months time.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 3

@CJ_Mystery  If you are unhappy with your progress on each account, instead of churning out accounts like @Kent10201mentioned. can't you pick one of your accounts and just concentrate on finishing games you know you can do?  Just start with that. MHW, ESO and many other games are HARD, require a good group of people for MP, and many many hours.  Just start off small, get some games finished, and proceed with that.  New accounts are not the solution.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I'm sorry if I'm about to upset you but you're making a horrible mistake.

Oh fine, I'll never touch this game. It's probably best I never play this game because the price on it is highway robbery - $60 for vanilla and $70 for a bunch of crappy DLC only the die-hard fan wants?!? Bleh! ?

Is that what you wanted me to do? Or should I just sell my PS4 and Vita and defect to the Nintendo Switch forums? ?

[/cancel]

Sorry, my inner child gets really mean to people who try to shoot her down.

I AM sort of upset. But I understand your worries. I was warned that doing all of the trophies would take years off of my life I'd never get back. I do admit that I sort of fell out with the other games you mentioned. Would it help if I bought it on another of my accounts and just played the game casually and ignored the trophies on it instead of trying to platinum it on the main one, because I really want to play this game! Zoe Chloe Ozone will NOT be denied creation! :P

I also intend to look into FFXIV again, but Issac is dead. I like the game but it's too RNG and having to get all of the Lost's items is so tough for me.

I do promise I will never make another account again. I learned my lesson and have several accounts now I can just mess around with so I don't have to start over. Besides I AM getting sick of platinuming the same games over and over, just got the Jak and Daxter platinum again and am tired of the game. I wish we could delete games from our library.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

Oh fine, I'll never touch this game. It's probably best I never play this game because the price on it is highway robbery - $60 for vanilla and $70 for a bunch of crappy DLC only the die-hard fan wants?!? Bleh! 1f432.png

Is that what you wanted me to do? Or should I just sell my PS4 and Vita and defect to the Nintendo Switch forums? 1f61c.png

[/cancel]

Sorry, my inner child gets really mean to people who try to shoot her down.

I AM sort of upset. But I understand your worries. I was warned that doing all of the trophies would take years off of my life I'd never get back. I do admit that I sort of fell out with the other games you mentioned. Would it help if I bought it on another of my accounts and just played the game casually and ignored the trophies on it instead of trying to platinum it on the main one, because I really want to play this game! Zoe Chloe Ozone will NOT be denied creation! :P

I also intend to look into FFXIV again, but Issac is dead. I like the game but it's too RNG and having to get all of the Lost's items is so tough for me.

I give up. I said in my first post about this that I thought you should play it on a different account for fun so that you could experience a great game rather than ruining this account for yourself. It shows you only listen to the things you want to hear and lash out at anything that doesn't support your thoughts. 

The RNG in Isaac is nothing compared to that in Monster Hunter World. This just proves my point further.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I do promise I will never make another account again. I learned my lesson and have several accounts now I can just mess around with so I don't have to start over. Besides I AM getting sick of platinuming the same games over and over, just got the Jak and Daxter platinum again and am tired of the game. I wish we could delete games from our library.

Have you joined in on any of the "we play" events to help get some of your backlog finished?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I give up. I said in my first post about this that I thought you should play it on a different account for fun so that you could experience a great game rather than ruining this account for yourself.

Okay okay! I'm sorry, I didn't read your first point, I'm sorry. You're right, I did hear the wrong things. :(

How about this? I won't purchase the game until March 3, when I get my SSN check. During that time, I can try out these games first to see how hard they are:

1. Knack (loved it but the fact that you have to play 100+ runs of the story to get all the gems needed for all of Knack's forms for the trophies was annoying; and the other methods don't work unless you can boost with another player who has all the forms unlocked)
  2. Rime (this and Knack are free on PS Plus now and I have a year's worth of Plus on my last account, gift from a friend of mine; wanted to try out Rime but didn't have the money to buy full price)

I also will probably platinum Shantae Half-Genie Hero instead because I loved the game and they have new DLC for it now(which adds a small cost but the price for the entire pack is 1/3 that of Monster Hunter World) Will probably dig deep into the backlog to find some good stuff to put off any purchases. And I'll also have GameFly games to platinum as well and they take a few days to come so I'll have plenty to do this month. Is that fair to you?

Also, ignore my inner child throwing her temper tantrum.

Okay, new platinum.

1Lb27644.png #30 / Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4)

9 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay okay! I'm sorry, I didn't read your first point, I'm sorry. You're right, I did hear the wrong things. :(

How about this? I won't purchase the game until March 3, when I get my SSN check. During that time, I can try out these games first to see how hard they are:

1. Knack (loved it but the fact that you have to play 100+ runs of the story to get all the gems needed for all of Knack's forms for the trophies was annoying; and the other methods don't work unless you can boost with another player who has all the forms unlocked)
  2. Rime (this and Knack are free on PS Plus now and I have a year's worth of Plus on my last account, gift from a friend of mine; wanted to try out Rime but didn't have the money to buy full price)

I also will probably platinum Shantae Half-Genie Hero instead because I loved the game and they have new DLC for it now(which adds a small cost but the price for the entire pack is 1/3 that of Monster Hunter World) Will probably dig deep into the backlog to find some good stuff to put off any purchases. And I'll also have GameFly games to platinum as well and they take a few days to come so I'll have plenty to do this month. Is that fair to you?

Also, ignore my inner child throwing her temper tantrum.

I don't see why you're trying to be fair to me, I just don't want to see another account go down the drain. I personally don't care what games you play as in the end games are for enjoyment. However, I do care when you sign up for mine, along with others events only to create a new account and drop out. There's a reason you've been blacklisted from many events, and it's not because we're trying to be mean. I also care that you complain in every other forum post about how you hate having to play the same games over again and that trophy hunting isn't enjoyable to you. You're just torturing yourself that way. Best of luck to you and your life and trophy hunting/gaming endeavors but I'm done giving advice to a person who refuses to listen. 

Congrats on the new platinum by the way. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I don't see why you're trying to be fair to me, I just don't want to see another account go down the drain. I personally don't care what games you play as in the end games are for enjoyment. However, I do care when you sign up for mine, along with others events only to create a new account and drop out. There's a reason you've been blacklisted from many events, and it's not because we're trying to be mean. I also care that you complain in every other forum post about how you hate having to play the same games over again and that trophy hunting isn't enjoyable to you. You're just torturing yourself that way. Best of luck to you and your life and trophy hunting/gaming endeavors but I'm done giving advice to a person who refuses to listen. 

Okay, fine with me. I can see why you didn't add me to your friends list on PSN. I really don't like playing competitive events anyway. And my current account is not getting flushed into the crapper, I promise. As I said before, I will never create another account in my life and if I lie and do so, may I get pneumonia again and make it turn into asthma so I have to live the rest of my life with an inhaler. ?

I've had multiple account syndrome too. My excuses for starting a new account were more tripe, though. For example, I got mad (?) at an account because I played Mass Effect 2 before Mass Effect 1, and my OCD told me that was bad and I needed to make a new account to remedy the situation. I also got rid of another account because I earned 13 trophies in a single day, and my OCD told me 13 was a bad number and I should be ashamed. Most of the time, though, I would just get tired of my PSN ID and hated the fact that Sony won't ever allow us to change them.

I don't really know you or your other accounts, but the best decision I made was to stop listening to that nagging voice in the back of my head. There are a lot of things on this account that I don't care for. Games I wish I hadn't played, trophies I wish I hadn't earned (in the order that I earned them), milestones I wish I had gotten instead of the ones I have... I've even thought about starting a new account, in hopes that "this time" I would get it right. But, realistically, I know I'd just end up spinning my wheels forever.

Life is a journey. You'll have your ups and your downs, but no matter how perfect you try to make it or how perfect you want it to be, mistakes will be made. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is just to accept that and move on. Otherwise, you'll never move forward on anything.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay, fine with me. I can see why you didn't add me to your friends list on PSN. I really don't like playing competitive events anyway. And my current account is not getting flushed into the crapper, I promise. As I said before, I will never create another account in my life and if I lie and do so, may I get pneumonia again and make it turn into asthma so I have to live the rest of my life with an inhaler. 1f61e.png

A little extreme but I hope it never comes to that.

On a more positive note your account is looking great so far. Good on you for sticking with the games you enjoy. How has the programming and writing courses you've been taking going? Still on the road to becoming a famous children's book author? 

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

A little extreme but I hope it never comes to that.

On a more positive note your account is looking great so far. Good on you for sticking with the games you enjoy. How has the programming and writing courses you've been taking going? Still on the road to becoming a famous children's book author? 

I don't know about the children's books anymore, I have a problem about starting up a story. I do have this great idea about having a game where you have two modes - in one mode you'd play as the human who talks to people and learns about events that surround mysteries, and in the other mode you play as a cat who can converse with the animals and do platforming sections to recover clues.

I am reading this book series about this cat called Midnight Louie who helps a Vegas PR woman try to solve murder mysteries while she struggles with romantic relationships and I wanted to make a game based off of that but a more child-friendly set of situations(there is a lot of implied sexual activity in the books because the humans are around 35 years of age). I did create a page of a book but I lost interest due to my current world situation and my inability to focus too hard on one thing at a time. Right now I just adopted a black kitty and she insists on sleeping on my desk and demanding food. :P

7 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I don't know about the children's books anymore, I have a problem about starting up a story. I do have this great idea about having a game where you have two modes - in one mode you'd play as the human who talks to people and learns about events that surround mysteries, and in the other mode you play as a cat who can converse with the animals and do platforming sections to recover clues.

I am reading this book series about this cat called Midnight Louie who helps a Vegas PR woman try to solve murder mysteries while she struggles with romantic relationships and I wanted to make a game based off of that but a more child-friendly set of situations(there is a lot of implied sexual activity in the books because the humans are around 35 years of age). I did create a page of a book but I lost interest due to my current world situation and my inability to focus too hard on one thing at a time. Right now I just adopted a black kitty and she insists on sleeping on my desk and demanding food. :P

Did you just take the entire concept of the Midnight Louie series and turn it into your own game. Isn't that considered plagiarism xD.

Anyway, I hope you're able to get past the writers block and get to work. You seemed really passionate and confident that you were gonna do it. 

19 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Did you just take the entire concept of the Midnight Louie series and turn it into your own game. Isn't that considered plagiarism xD.

Anyway, I hope you're able to get past the writers block and get to work. You seemed really passionate and confident that you were gonna do it. 

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I could set up a match-making development between a game developer and the author of the series(Carole Nelson Douglas) to see if they could get the rights to her books for a new IP. Of course, that is if Carole isn't roped into a film deal. Max Kinsella has enough crazy backstory as a Black Irish to merit his own documentary film. ;)

My own ideas were heavily influenced from those books as well as other stuff.

Congrats on #30 mate, You'll rip past me any day now! Like Kent says I only raised that warning because I have seen games you couldn't 100% eat you up before, so a new account that is only for MH might be a good move :) Either way we are all here because we love games so play what you love :D 

Thanks for the support. :) I'm already close to hitting my 31st plat. I make a habit of getting 100% in a game that hasn't got a plat after I get ten platinums so I get more trophies and boost my score a bit as well as acknowledge games that could have made it bigger if they had put in some more effort. I just 100% Aab's Animals and... well, that's not really a game but a pet simulator. It's My Name Is Mayo's little sister who gives you trophies just for keeping the app open for a period of time. You don't even have to interact with the digital animals. My name title in this category will be the much better Song of the Deep, which at least tries to be a game. :P

So now that my GameFly account is reinstated(I will have to cancel it before the end of the month so I can reinstate it on March 4 so I don't have to pay an extra $22 for another month because I accidentally re-started my membership the day before my money check came in :() I am going to rapid-platinum some Vita titles. I also added a section in the OP detailing what I am working on right now.

So I downloaded a couple of games for my Vita. One is a point-and-click, the other...

L402917.png

Yeah, I am going to plat this game even if it kills me so any plans for Monster Hunter World are on hold for the time being. I played this game on PS4 a while back but lost interest. I want to do this because I had seen a few episodes of the dub Digimon anime and this game was interesting. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

So I downloaded a couple of games for my Vita. One is a point-and-click, the other...

L402917.png

Yeah, I am going to plat this game even if it kills me so any plans for Monster Hunter World are on hold for the time being. I played this game on PS4 a while back but lost interest. I want to do this because I had seen a few episodes of the dub Digimon anime and this game was interesting. :)

This will be your greatest test to date, CJ. You're going to need a lot of time and a lot of patience to get through this one.

Those damn gumball machines...