The Case Files of the Lost, my Platinum list and backlog

CJ_Mystery

23 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

This will be your greatest test to date, CJ. You're going to need a lot of time and a lot of patience to get through this one.

Those damn gumball machines...

This game isn't that bad to platinum. The most time consuming medals to get are from the cases from black agumon and blue metalgreymon which should only take an hour each at most if you've set up correctly

Edited by CaptainMonkster

25 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

This will be your greatest test to date, CJ. You're going to need a lot of time and a lot of patience to get through this one.

Those damn gumball machines...

Don't worry, I am up to the challenge. The hard part will be tearing myself away to play other Vita titles. xD

Earned a couple of trophies in Digimonstory and Dragon Quest Builders. I'm at Chapter 4 in the labyrinth in the former and just completed the speed challenge for Chapter 1 in the latter so I am doing well. Will be tackling the other challengers in Cantlin soon enough. Right now I am digivolving like mad in the Shinjuku Labyrinth to get my Field Guide up to 100 Digimon. :D

And I am not dissing my other games on PS4. I just need to take time for myself. :awesome:

After adding two more games to my backlog(Cyberdimension Neptunia and Infamous First Light) I decided I need to do something to drop the amount of unearned trophies I have by a fraction so I decided to do this in a fun way: Triple BINGO!

Basically, create a bingo card and put the names of trophies in each slot. Each time you earn one of the trophies listed on the card, you cross it off. If you form a BINGO(row, column or diagonal) in three rows, columns or diagonal, you win! I'm going to make a 25 trophy bingo card and play the game by earning trophies until I complete three BINGOs. I got the idea from 360Chrism's videos of him competing in Triple Bingo with Super Mario games.

sss2.png

I haven't gotten a platinum yet(I intend to make the Secret of Mana Remake my 40th) but I wanted to show off a method I am using to organize trophies and earn them in a fun way, by playing Triple BINGO with myself. I put all of my unearned trophies in a random number generator and the trophies I get from the RNG generator I have to place on the card and try to earn them. This makes me focus on trophies I'd usually avoid. For someone like myself, who has ADHD and has a hard time enjoying the ritual of earning difficult trophies, it gives me a goal to go for.

And I've seen a lot of reviews for the Secret of Mana remake that are pissing my inner child off saying it's a boring mediocre game that doesn't improve on the original's experience. While I haven't played the original game in a long time, I refuse to let their negative comments ruin the experience of this remake. If I get a bitter taste in my mouth, I'll just get the platinum and move on.

6 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I haven't gotten a platinum yet(I intend to make the Secret of Mana Remake my 40th) but I wanted to show off a method I am using to organize trophies and earn them in a fun way, by playing Triple BINGO with myself. I put all of my unearned trophies in a random number generator and the trophies I get from the RNG generator I have to place on the card and try to earn them. This makes me focus on trophies I'd usually avoid. For someone like myself, who has ADHD and has a hard time enjoying the ritual of earning difficult trophies, it gives me a goal to go for.

And I've seen a lot of reviews for the Secret of Mana remake that are pissing my inner child off saying it's a boring mediocre game that doesn't improve on the original's experience. While I haven't played the original game in a long time, I refuse to let their negative comments ruin the experience of this remake. If I get a bitter taste in my mouth, I'll just get the platinum and move on.

The only thing that has cautiouned me from getting it, is the amount of crashes that seem to happen currently. I want the game as well but will wait for the bugs to fixed first. Since it is so far down my list for this year Im not rushing.

Well, looks like Karma is against me playing Secret of Mana. I had put Secret on Mana on the top of my GameFly Q and they said they were shipping, only to move the game back to my Q and give me Teslagrad instead. I'll plat that game, but I am canceling my subscription. ?

J/K! ? Actually, I do have to cancel it briefly to avoid paying twice this month for it because I accidentally renewed it a day before my money check comes in from the government so it's renew every 2nd of the month and for this first month I'd pay twice for the sub. I got a little eager because the check for this month came in early because the 3rd was on a Saturday.  OOOOPS! ?

The game I was going to make my 39th just moved to 40th place. *sigh*

Edited by CJ_Mystery

1Led4d24.png#39 / Buff Knight Advanced

Finally got this platinum! The game is fun to mind-waste on, but man the grinding for artifacts is no fun and I keep dying against the final boss. I only got the drop on him twice because of that annoying shield that you cannot crack. :(

Also found out the requirements for the True Ending: You need to have collected all 20 artifacts and defeat the final boss. Got the True Ending after defeating the first boss the first time because it dropped the last artifact.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

#41 / Big Adventures on the Little Prairie

I think it's just called Little Adventure on the Prairie, given how terrible it looks though I'm sure you can be forgiven for getting the name slightly wrong :lol:

Congrats on your most recent plats though, did you decide against making Secret of Mana plat #40?

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I think it's just called Little Adventure on the Prairie, given how terrible it looks though I'm sure you can be forgiven for getting the name slightly wrong :lol:

Congrats on your most recent plats though, did you decide against making Secret of Mana plat #40?

Unfortunately, yes. I had no choice - the game was supposed to come in GameFly but somehow they returned it to my Q and sent me Teslagrad instead, so I canceled the sub for the time being. (At least until March 4, when I can pay monthly, I was going to have to pay twice this month for two months because I renewed the sub the day before my check usually comes in.)

And I misread the title. Fixing it now.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

So I have decided to cancel my GameFly account(at least for now so I don't have to pay twice for the sub because I renewed the day before my check was supposed to come in) and won't renew it right now because I have another sub to start off, mainly PS Now.

The reason I am streaming on PS Now is because there are a few good games I want to plat... but they are PS3 exclusive. Mostly notably, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I decided I want to plat that game because of the upcoming sequel, Ni No Kuni II: The Revenant Kingdom, which is coming out mid-March. There are a couple other games I plan on streaming too: LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes and Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus because they are not too difficult to platinum.

Update time!

Been playing Ni No Kuni non-stop since I started my PS Now free trial, and surprisingly I got through the main story in only four days. I was listening to a Let's Play of the game and the story is fun and finding all of the broken-hearted and the pieces of heart to heal them was really enjoyable. Oh, if you stream this game on PS Now, you get all of the DLC for free so I got all of the golden familiars which were pretty decent. Caught a lot of familiars and now will have to designate someone to be my baby-sitter for raising all of those forms. I have 135 of the 250 familiars for that trophy and I did start using the alchemy pot as soon as I got it and my alchemy is at 47% completion, so I think I am halfway through 120 item recipes I needed to make for that other trophy.

Now I'm in post-game and man the battles are going to be tough so I am going to no do any battle errands or bounties until I have a better team of familiars for Oliver, Esther and Marcassin(who needs to catch up in levels, he's behind his brother by 30 levels xD) Looks like I have to wipe out the entire Tokotoko race to get to Level 99 with everyone. :D

I also started LEGO Marvel's Avengers for my Spring Backlog challenge and Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories for the Kill Your Completion event. I plan on platting the latter this month but platinum updates will start slowing down since I've knocked out most of the quick and easy games.