Why is the Platinum and 100% rarity low

wackt1

21 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Probably because of the trophy requiring you to do the hardest difficulty which if you die in it, your save gets erased and you have to start over. I also assume it's because the game from what I've heard isn't all that great anyway so a lot of people probably just didn't feel like doing another playthrough.

Edit: Oh yeah, it also going on PS+ is also another reason why.

OOF,  I might not go for this one since the description you gave for the hard trophy gives me flashbacks to Outlast one and Dead Space 2.

The game is awesome and not that hard. Just dont try going all rambo (you can even do that with titan skin)

The only real problem is Breach mode, is so annoying i recommend a guide for that mode. 

The game gives you so many tools to deal with enemies is a joke. I beat it on i never asked for this using only the tranq rifle and knocking them out

• Like 2

What's so hard about breach mode? Can anybody give comparisons to any games out there? Do you have to 3 star stuff kind of like in spec ops or the mirror's edge time trials?

And also, I saw online trophies? Hold on is there MP or does that just require an online connection and that's it?? :hmm:

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

What's so hard about breach mode? Can anybody give comparisons to any games out there? Do you have to 3 star stuff kind of like in spec ops or the mirror's edge time trials?

And also, I saw online trophies? Hold on is there MP or does that just require an online connection and that's it?? :hmm:

Thanks in advance!

It's not particularly hard but it's really boring and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The other problem is it's been designed with lootboxes in mind. Meaning it's real cash or grinding credits for hours and hoping the boxes give you something good. I was lucky and got an awesome sniper rifle which could kill anything so there wasn't much of a grind but without that I probably wouldn't have bothered

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 4:02 PM, wackt1 said:

OOF,  I might not go for this one since the description you gave for the hard trophy gives me flashbacks to Outlast one and Dead Space 2.

To be fair, it's actually quite easy, especially if you have PS+ or a USB flash drive. Save often to the flash drive and if you die, just load the flash save back onto your PS4. Even if you're "dying" you can hold the PS button before the "Game Over" screen to exit the game and load it back up again and you should be good. I only had to load a flash save once by this method and the rest of the times, I was quick enough to exit the game first.

18 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Thanks in advance!

Breach isn't hard per se. It's just tedious and boring. And Sadly, some of the trophies require a boosting buddy or you to have an alternate account as you need to beat scores from someone else or let them lose to your score. Also, one trophy requires a specific item (which is a random loot crate drop) and you need SIX of them to achieve said trophy. They aren't difficult - just time consuming.

Edited by Pirelli913
  • Like 1

Just now, Pirelli913 said:

Breach isn't hard per se. It's just tedious and boring. And Sadly, some of the trophies require a boosting buddy or you to have an alternate account as you need to beat scores from someone else or let them lose to your score. Also, one trophy requires a specific item (which is a random loot crate drop) and you need SIX of them to achieve said trophy. They aren't difficult - just time consuming.

Thank you! :) And I suppose I can just make an alternate account if I can't find someone else. As for the RNG trophy, I'm hoping to get an easier time since I bought the season pass ( it's on sale right now for $6 CAD or $5 US I think) which happens to include the dlc packs + the stupid in game currency (as if they needed that in a SP game).

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

And I suppose I can just make an alternate account if I can't find someone else.

Yup, that's what I did. Just login on your alternate account, play through the Breach tutorial until you're able to send challenges, and then send 3 challenges to your main account. It's easiest just to be really slow on a starter level, and then send a time challenge to your main which is easy to beat.

Also, the game itself will send you challenges (the first one must be done, although you can fail it without any penalty) which can also be completed for the trophy. The expansion item drops usually come from the booster packs you get for winning challenges, so just keep sending yourself easy to beat challenges from your alt account and you'll be able to get 3 booster packs per day as you complete them.

There's also a full Breach trophy walkthrough on PST that only went up yesterday that walks you through the entire mode to get all trophies and 100% for the main game and DLC. There's also a glitch you can use to get huge amounts of energy or health which makes the whole thing a piece of cake.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SirPigFace said:

How bad are these online trophies, do they take long and can you do them before the main game? I really enjoyed the first one but I have seen quite a bit of negative reviews about the second one from users on here. 

You can do them before the main game, but it's recommended to do them after as you'll find "Breach Software" within the main game that aids you in Breach.

As to how long it takes, it varies. If you're super lucky with loot crate drops, maybe a day or two. If not, a bit longer. I believe it took me three days. The more dummy accounts you create to send and receive challenges, the faster it'll take and the more in-game currency you'll get to open loot boxes for the items you need.

6 hours ago, Swotam said:

Yup, that's what I did. Just login on your alternate account, play through the Breach tutorial until you're able to send challenges, and then send 3 challenges to your main account. It's easiest just to be really slow on a starter level, and then send a time challenge to your main which is easy to beat.

Also, the game itself will send you challenges (the first one must be done, although you can fail it without any penalty) which can also be completed for the trophy. The expansion item drops usually come from the booster packs you get for winning challenges, so just keep sending yourself easy to beat challenges from your alt account and you'll be able to get 3 booster packs per day as you complete them.

There's also a full Breach trophy walkthrough on PST that only went up yesterday that walks you through the entire mode to get all trophies and 100% for the main game and DLC. There's also a glitch you can use to get huge amounts of energy or health which makes the whole thing a piece of cake.

Thanks man! Appreciate it! :D

20 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

To be fair, it's actually quite easy, especially if you have PS+ or a USB flash drive. Save often to the flash drive and if you die, just load the flash save back onto your PS4. Even if you're "dying" you can hold the PS button before the "Game Over" screen to exit the game and load it back up again and you should be good. I only had to load a flash save once by this method and the rest of the times, I was quick enough to exit the game first.

7 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

You can do them before the main game, but it's recommended to do them after as you'll find "Breach Software" within the main game that aids you in Breach.

As to how long it takes, it varies. If you're super lucky with loot crate drops, maybe a day or two. If not, a bit longer. I believe it took me three days. The more dummy accounts you create to send and receive challenges, the faster it'll take and the more in-game currency you'll get to open loot boxes for the items you need.

13 hours ago, Swotam said:

thanks for telling me 

On 1/14/2018 at 0:28 AM, wackt1 said:

Why are those two lower than the platinum and 100% in Human Revolution?

the hardest difficulty is actually not really a factor, since you can sneak through most the game and even if you "die" you can just reload a save from your ps plus acct or a usb stick for example. or there's a trick where you close the app via the PS button the second you start dying and it doesn't count, so jsut restart from last save point... you only have one save file though fyi. but I think the reason it's low is because of the stupid breach mode they added which is terrible and boring and has nothing to do with the rest of the game other than hacking. that is also why the 100% is so low. there are 2 dlc related to it. they suck. but the main game and story dlcs are awesome, honestly!

On 1/17/2018 at 7:52 AM, cam_wick said:

the hardest difficulty is actually not really a factor, since you can sneak through most the game and even if you "die" you can just reload a save from your ps plus acct or a usb stick for example. or there's a trick where you close the app via the PS button the second you start dying and it doesn't count, so jsut restart from last save point... you only have one save file though fyi. but I think the reason it's low is because of the stupid breach mode they added which is terrible and boring and has nothing to do with the rest of the game other than hacking. that is also why the 100% is so low. there are 2 dlc related to it. they suck. but the main game and story dlcs are awesome, honestly!

Totally agree. "I Never Asked For This" is permadeath with an asterisk. Just periodically back up your save file to a USB drive (I did it after every mission) and you'll be fine. Your best bet is to play stealthy anyway, so if you get spotted, just reload your save before the shooting starts.

Breach mode.

It's a complete slog and not fun to play through at all. You have to spend quite a bit of time (20-30 hours) playing it if you want the trophies. Took me around 3 days to finish all of them associated with it and I was playing heavily every day.  (6-10 hours varying)

I played through Breach first, because I knew it was going to suck. I actually recommend this to any other trophy hunters and or 100% completionists looking to do this game. It's like ripping the band-aid off. Just do it, get the bad part out of the way first. When I experience a game in its entirety, I don't want the last thing I did to be one of the most uninspired and lackluster pieces of content. I'd rather do the bad first, and end on a good note. As it turns out, what a note it is. Deus Ex: MD is possibly one of the most underrated AAA games this generation right now. It's genuinely surprising considering how much success and praise Human Revolution had. 

Edited by FearForDignity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FearForDignity said:

Breach mode.

It's a complete slog and not fun to play through at all. You have to spend quite a bit of time (20-30 hours) playing it if you want the trophies. Took me around 3 days to finish all of them associated with it and I was playing heavily every day.  (6-10 hours varying)

I played through Breach first, because I knew it was going to suck. I actually recommend this to any other trophy hunters and or 100% completionists looking to do this game. It's like ripping the band-aid off. Just do it, get the bad part out of the way first. When I experience a game in its entirety, I don't want the last thing I did to be one of the most uninspired and lackluster pieces of content. I'd rather do the bad first, and end on a good note. As it turns out, what a note it is. Deus Ex: MD is possibly one of the most underrated AAA games this generation right now. It's genuinely surprising considering how much success and praise Human Revolution had. 

Well, if you do the battery glitch in breach, you can finish the whole thing in one day. I don't know how it activates, but at one point I had millions in battery until I logged out