Why is the Platinum and 100% rarity low

wackt1

I'm really enjoying the game.  I have completed everything except for the "Permadeath" run (haven't started it yet).  The game is really fun and gives you multiple ways to deal with any situation you find yourself in.  The base game single player and the story DLCs are all very good.  The one thing that holds this game back is Breach mode.  As others have pointed out, this mode was obviously designed with microtransactions in mind.  However, it can easily be done without spending any real money.  Swotam mentioned the infinite energy glitch and simply by playing the mode you will get more than enough money to unlock most if not all of the stuff you need.  It is fun for a little but then it just gets repetitive.  Again, single player and story DLCs are great.  Breach mode isn't hard, just a grind.  Definitely worth a try.  :)

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 1:27 AM, Pirelli913 said:

Breach isn't hard per se. It's just tedious and boring. And Sadly, some of the trophies require a boosting buddy or you to have an alternate account as you need to beat scores from someone else or let them lose to your score. Also, one trophy requires a specific item (which is a random loot crate drop) and you need SIX of them to achieve said trophy. They aren't difficult - just time consuming.

Just putting it out there that the 3 actions mentioned here for trophies are for the free update DLC.  It's not required for the platinum.  All that's needed for that is to finish all the base server nodes on Tier 1, 2, and 3 as well as finishing a Darknet file.  I've put in about 2-3 hours for Tier 1 which wasn't too hard.  I would advise if you are through the main game to find the breach software packs.  You can get some decent equipment that way.

7 hours ago, cycoivan said:

Just putting it out there that the 3 actions mentioned here for trophies are for the free update DLC.  It's not required for the platinum.  All that's needed for that is to finish all the base server nodes on Tier 1, 2, and 3 as well as finishing a Darknet file.  I've put in about 2-3 hours for Tier 1 which wasn't too hard.  I would advise if you are through the main game to find the breach software packs.  You can get some decent equipment that way.

Well, he did ask why both Platinum AND 100% was so low for the game. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The game was one of my favourite discoveries from PS Plus though I’ve never played the earlier games to compare. The plat is kind of a chore though, at least for me since there were so many missable trophies that I had to plan it out pretty thoroughly before starting.

Then Breach mode (or specifically those occasional missions where you had to defeat a really tough enemy) were a pain in the ass since your ammo never got refilled if you failed and most of my weapons never really left a dent in them. 100% would be nice but I just didn’t want to spend any longer in Breach mode lol. Maybe another time. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/03/2018 at 1:26 AM, Charizarzar said:

Then Breach mode (or specifically those occasional missions where you had to defeat a really tough enemy) were a pain in the ass since your ammo never got refilled if you failed and most of my weapons never really left a dent in them. 100% would be nice but I just didn’t want to spend any longer in Breach mode lol. Maybe another time. 

If you ever decide to go back to it - what I found easiest was just to cloak and follow the Prime Units around, shooting the red explosive crates then hiding.  You can take out most of their health that way even when your AI is maxed.  Then just finish them off with your best weapons if necessary.

Alternatively, use alt accounts to send challenges to yourself (and send challenges to your alt and have them fail) and you'll get a tonne of credits, which you can use to buy ammo for your highest damage weapon (no need for special ammo, regular works fine) and use the Infinite Health glitch (it's the same as Infinite Energy but spam unequip of Energy instead of Health when you have a Health extender equipped) and just stand in front of them shooting until they're dead.  I did this towards the end because I got fed up with the mode.

I actually enjoyed Breach at first, and would probably have enjoyed it the whole way through if I'd broke it up instead of doing it all in one go.  But I think I'm in the minority with that opinion.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

This game wasnt to bad i have plat but i soon got bored of Breach  mode but i would say the first one was a lot better

53 minutes ago, EstebanFox said:

Quick question friends. Does the Season Pass include all DLC necessary for 100%???

i would say yes as i got the season pass and got my 100% dlc

• 9 months later...

In Breach, nanoblades make short work of everything. You’ll never touch a gun again.

As for the Plat/100%, I just got both and it was a slog. I loved the previous games but this one bored me senseless. I stopped playing three times over the years, and finally knuckled down. 

The main game has moments where it’s good but the story is brief and lacklustre. Nothing really important happens and most of the game is sneaking from one side of the city to the other to simply have conversations that could have been phone calls. Even fans of the series felt MD is far and away the weakest story in the series.

Trophy wise, Foxiest is a pain as it seems to glitch somewhat. And collecting all the eBooks requires a guide as a few are missable without following very finicky steps. Plus they’re tied to your save file so you have to get them all in one run.

Personally I didn’t find Breach nor its DLC that bad, once I got into the rhythm of it. But it did put a lot of people off.

Frankly I found MD really disappointing to the point I’d skip the next game. Assuming they ever make it.

Edited by P_Pigly_Hogswine

Why is the trophy percentage so low?

My guess is that the Breach Mode isn't fun to go through but also it was glitchy for some time and even when i wanted to play i couldn't... Late last year i thought i never get all trophies because i couldn't access Breach at all (with my main acc)

As for the Main Game it took me two playthroughs to understand it really :D ... that's one minus point... And it never felt that good as in Human Revolution (where's Megan btw? :() ... also the new Augs felt useless to me... all i needed was hacking and cloaking :) that's why i got all combat related trophies in my 2nd playthrough as i never used an attack besides the takedown before :P  ... sadly i didn't get Foxiest after my 1st playthrough but as i have to sneak again on :silver: I Never Asked For This anyway that's not stopping me from obtaining this :platinum: soon :)