I Got This trophy

apostolis-t-94gr

Guys, does anyone figured out how this trophy works? I've read that doc (the barber) sends you a message that challenges you to break some kind of record and if you manage to break it you get the trophy. The question is: Is there any specific way to trigger the bet? People say that the bet comes in your rookie season but I believe I have already missed it. (Most people get the bet between late october and early december). Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: For those who already got this amd trying to help, please post your playing position, the timestamp that you received the bet and which was the bet's requirement to win.

Edited by apostolis-t-94gr

On 14/1/2018 at 6:38 AM, grimydawg said:

You have to go to the barber shop until he challenges you to do something.  In my case, I'm a center, and I have to match KAT's (Karl-Anthony Towns) rookie average for rebounds, which is like 10.6 or something like that.

Do you remember which month it was when you the bet got activated?

• 11 months later...

I read online that this is only achievable in your Rookie year. Is that correct? I'm in my second season grinding badges now but I must have visited Doc countless times as a Rookie but never got any bet. Even exhausted all of his dialogue, too. :-\

Edited by Cyvnyde

16 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

I read online that this is only achievable in your Rookie year. Is that correct? I'm in my second season grinding badges now but I must have visited Doc countless times as a Rookie but never got any bet, Even exhausted all of his dialogue, too. :-\

Yeah that's true. I'm afraid you'll have to start a new player again.

Doc gives you an objective to beat some kind of record in your rookie season. As for me, I never got that objective, never understood what's going on, but still was visiting the barber shop. In my surprise, I went to Doc towards the end of the season and the trophy unlocked for some unknown reason, without even knowing what my objective was (Yeah I got veeery lucky). ?

My point is that 2k doesn't care much about things, so I can't really help you by providing exact steps to follow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

Damn. Well, thanks for your feedback.

I'm not going to spend however many hours grinding my Rookie season again but I wonder if I skip until toward the end of the season with a new character if that might work.

Probably not, because you won't be able to beat the record, even if you trigger Doc's objective.

I've gathered quite a bit of spare VC from my current player and would use that to level up in the beginning.

The bet should be present for everyone at that specific time of the season and shouldn't be if the game decides to give it to you. Worst kind of trophy.

Edited by Cyvnyde

• 4 weeks later...

Update: So, I started a new MyPLAYER and wanted to share my findings, in case anyone else was interested in this particular trophy.

I checked my objectives after the first game in December and it said to go to Doc's barber shop. I got given a bet to beat KAT's rookie season RPG record of 10.5. I deliberately kept my RPG below this amount (at about 10) playing up to this time in case surpassing it meant you didn't get the objective. I read online that others had gotten the objective at around this time too.

I played every game up until the end of the year (December, not NBA year) where, by that time, I had about 10.9 RPG and decided to SIM the rest of the season. Career isn't exactly the most exciting and already have another player on 91 OVR that I had gotten most of the other trophies on through playing nearly 3 full seasons. I finished the season with 12.1 RPG but apparently, I lost the bet (and got given a grey mullet as a result). The bet glitched. I initially thought it could be due to simming ahead, but before I simmed once, I made sure I had already surpassed the challenge. I have seen online that others had it glitch on them too so it seems to be quite a hit-and-miss trophy.

Edited by Cyvnyde