Going to Japan in May. I want to get easy to plat PS4 games

GizmoCat79

I’ll be going in May. What are the easiest games on PS4 to plat that are only available in Japan? They don’t have to be in English if they’re quick and easy to plat with a guide. I’m interested in getting as many as possible so about 20+ or more titles I can find. They don’t have to be brand new, can be second hand. What’s the best places to get them from in Japan?

2 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

Best place to get them is Book Off by far! Easy platinums would be all of those visual novels, not sure if you could really call them games though so... :P

I'm going to qualify this a little bit. Book Off is probably the best physical place to buy them but you can usually find things cheaper on Japanese Amazon.

36 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

I'm going to qualify this a little bit. Book Off is probably the best physical place to buy them but you can usually find things cheaper on Japanese Amazon.

For some VITA games from Amazon, no way!

Your post make me question myself about the fact that how can someone visit a country and think about the trophies rather than enjoying from the visit. But we are trophy hunters right? :D

I can give some easy VITA games suggestions. I have no idea about PS4 releases in Japan. Since you are asking for easy games your best option will be 'otome' games which we call shitty visual novels. Someone above recommended Book Off and yes he is right. Put that down to your list. 

-AIR

-FLOWERS series

-Bad Apple Wars

-Code Realize

-Steins Gate series

-NORN9 series

-Amnesia series

Those are the games with English titles that I remember but If you want to go beyond, there are many otome games with Japanese title. Like many. They will surely ruin your trophy list with all the kana and kanji characters they have in the trophy names. :D

You can check psimport for the otome releases to easily track down the games with fast completion;

http://psimports.org/releases/ (Only 2017)

You can also check the VITA section of the forum to find old titles with fast completion.

Have fun in Japan. Put the Fukuoka to your list. Hands down they have the best ramen in Japan.

Edited by Abysm_Nucleus

5 hours ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

What’s the best places to get them from in Japan?

as someone has already stated the japan wide franchises for used stuff are book off/game off, tsutaya (they don't always have games...it'll specify on the store sign) and geo (pronounced gay-o) ...

i would recommend geo for second hand as they tend to have the largest selection...most of the cities I've been to though have little hidden gem game shops where you can find anything from atari/nes to latest gen...best prices too...there are also big electronic stores like yodobashi camera or labi but the prices are crazy and selection limited to latest stuff and less popular games...

not sure if you care but I found this useful while I was living there... 

http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=7357

no idea about easiest games...not my thing...

and just a heads up...games are not particularly cheap in Japan...20 games will likely cost about $800 usd...

Edited by ProfBambam55

4 hours ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

I’m still planning my itenary but we’ll be going to Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. Can’t wait. Never been before but always wanted to. Looks amazing.

I love Japan and will try to go back this year. In Tokyo you'll want to visit "Book Off" and "Hard Off", probably visit Akihabara as there are some excellent second hand game stores. For new games you can go to BIC Camera all over Japan. While in Tokyo if you're going to Shibuya? On that famous cross walk there is a Tsutaya store, excellent for new games and I was lucky to be there on Dark Souls 3 release day.

Now you're going to Osaka? You must go to Denden town, The Wonderloop bus will take you there and it is absolutely amazing.

14 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

and just a heads up...games are not particularly cheap in Japan...20 games will likely cost about $800 usd...

That's not entirely true. While new games in Japan are pretty pricey, used games can be very cheap indeed. Depends largely on the game of course, but there are some real bargains with some games only around ¥120 each.

2 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

That's not entirely true. While new games in Japan are pretty pricey, used games can be very cheap indeed. Depends largely on the game of course, but there are some real bargains with some games only around ¥120 each.

agreed...ps4 Japan made stuff will definitely be cheaper but some stuff is also pretty pricey...i'm guessing anywhere from 1000—4000 jpy depending on release/popularity...best to give a high range rather that op thinking "I should be good with a few thousand yen"...also not sure how much time they will spend hunting around town for bargains...also just a heads up the games that sell for 120 jpy are usually priced that way for a reason...often online servers shut down and such in my experience...i think I've only ever seen one game that cheap and it was 50 cent blood in the sand (ps3) after the server was shut down...

Edited by ProfBambam55

I bought ff7 International sealed for close to $20 Aus at Tsutaya, I also bought Yakuza Kiwami new for around $15 in book off. You'll pay more at Bic Camera though second hand is not expensive, gotta follow those "Off" stores. The hard off in Akihabara is really tiny though they have a great selection, I bought my 1st vita from there in 2016.

Now I'll take a stab in the Dark here, Are you doing a stop over in Hong Kong? Go to the Golden super market, I've been buying pirated and real gear there since the NES, It's a fire trap but a gamers heaven.

• 3 months later...

I’m going this Sunday! Cannot wait. 

How cheap are these Vita and PS4 games there?

Any other recommendations for Japan only releases on PS3/Vita/PS4 that are easy plats and/or fun to play?

ive only really found one for PS4 Earth Defense Force Wing Diver Shmup

12 minutes ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

I’m going this Sunday! Cannot wait. 

How cheap are these Vita and PS4 games there?

Any other recommendations for Japan only releases on PS3/Vita/PS4 that are easy plats and/or fun to play?

ive only really found one for PS4 Earth Defense Force Wing Diver Shmup

Dude did you even read the answers above?