"Put the Posse on a Pedestal" doubt

ReverieCode

I have these doubts about this trophy, was going to do it earlier but I prefer to ask first just in case.

40-bronze.pngPut the Posse on a Pedestal

Attain over 50,000 posse points in a single Free Roam session

Will I get it if I do it in a private session? I'm very good at Pike's Basin and I can do it fast, however when I play in a public free roam there are always other players slowing me down. Every time there is someone else in Pike's Basin and since they don't press the button to repeat, I have to wait a long while to do the hideout again... or they come and kill me, etc etc

Also, If I do it alone (without a posse) will I win the trophy? Because it says "posse points" and I'm not sure. I only need to get to level 50 to get the platinum, doing Pike's Basin over and over alone grants me more XP than if someone else assists.

I have these doubts about this trophy, was going to do it earlier but I prefer to ask first just in case.

40-bronze.pngPut the Posse on a Pedestal

Attain over 50,000 posse points in a single Free Roam session

Will I get it if I do it in a private session? I'm very good at Pike's Basin and I can do it fast, however when I play in a public free roam there are always other players slowing me down. Every time there is someone else in Pike's Basin and since they don't press the button to repeat, I have to wait a long while to do the hideout again... or they come and kill me, etc etc

Also, If I do it alone (without a posse) will I win the trophy? Because it says "posse points" and I'm not sure. I only need to get to level 50 to get the platinum, doing Pike's Basin over and over alone grants me more XP than if someone else assists.

You can definitely do it solo. Even if you are by yourself, you have  a posse (posse of 1, haha). As far as Private free-roam, I think so but, I can't say with 100% certainty.

You can also get it by:

• joining a posse that already has 50,000, or more, points
  • combining posses - all scores are added together for the overall posse score

It's pretty laid back in the requirement ;) Good luck.

• Like 1

yeah, got this as soon as I joined a large posse (although they were mostly high level too so rushed through the hideouts) - I think this is the quickest way to get it - oh and on triple xp weekend if possible :P

Edited by leprodigalson

I was going to do a boosting session just for this trophy but I didn't have to because I was lucky enough to find a guy with over 50,000 posse points alone in a friendly free roam server. He was nice enough to accept my posse invite and voila, instant trophy unlocked. 

About your question, yes you can definitely do it by yourself in a private or friendly free roam. 

Edited by DJayKT

I reached 50.000 points in a private session playing solo a while ago, and I didn't got it. I tried doing a small hideout after that and it didn't popped up

But it doesn't matter, I was actually mainly getting XP to reach level 50 and I made it - Platinum done! :)

I'll try again in public free roam soon, this time with more people going for the trophy. However reaching 50.000 wasn't as hard as I thought and I was solo, if each member do a major hideout I imagine it can be done very quickly.

• 6 years later...
On 15/3/2013 at 11:22 PM, Playsonic2 said:

I reached 50.000 points in a private session playing solo a while ago, and I didn't got it. I tried doing a small hideout after that and it didn't popped up

But it doesn't matter, I was actually mainly getting XP to reach level 50 and I made it - Platinum done! :)

I'll try again in public free roam soon, this time with more people going for the trophy. However reaching 50.000 wasn't as hard as I thought and I was solo, if each member do a major hideout I imagine it can be done very quickly.

You ar note answering the question. Your problem is that u played this SOLO and this is a POSSE trophy. Of course, you reached the 50K and did not popped. U have to be in POSSE. So, it requires at least 2 people.

He is asking if this can be done in Public or Private. And No so many people is clarifying this.