Co-op trophy glitch warning

Hello there, yesterday i played until i had 197 Golden Bricks, i was missing 3 Students in peril so i had all golden bricks so far.

At this time my brother arrived and we searched together the last 3 Students.

After a while we found all and he "shot" at the last thing to free the Student. Now the problem i didn't get any trophy neither for the students nor for the Bricks.

After that i read something that Co-op might lock some trophys.....after that i bought all Charcters and yeah there i did'nt get 3 other trophies.

The 100%, all animagus and all Voldemort versions.

I was able to get the 100% (closed the game and started alone, after a view studs)

But the others are still unable to get.

So i have a backup (55% i guess.....) so i haven't to play the entire game again but it still sucks.

I highly recommend to do everything alone and make a backup save before you get all Students, Goldenbricks or before you buy the Characters!

1 hour ago, Durandart said:

Hello there, yesterday i played until i had 197 Golden Bricks, i was missing 3 Students in peril so i had all golden bricks so far.

At this time my brother arrived and we searched together the last 3 Students.

After a while we found all and he "shot" at the last thing to free the Student. Now the problem i didn't get any trophy neither for the students nor for the Bricks.

After that i read something that Co-op might lock some trophys.....after that i bought all Charcters and yeah there i did'nt get 3 other trophies.

The 100%, all animagus and all Voldemort versions.

I was able to get the 100% (closed the game and started alone, after a view studs)

But the others are still unable to get.

So i have a backup (55% i guess.....) so i haven't to play the entire game again but it still sucks.

I highly recommend to do everything alone and make a backup save before you get all Students, Goldenbricks or before you buy the Characters!

was your copy a disc or just download one of it? as I heard the download one has that problem and the disc does not. Don't throw hate one me if am wrong as that is what I remember someone telling me I have no real proof.

Edited by KANERKB

30 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

was your copy a disc or just download one of it? as I heard the download one has that problem and the disc does not. Don't throw hate one me if am wrong as that is what I remember someone telling me I have no real proof.

I used the disc on the PS3 version. It seems like they didn't fix anything when they moved it over to PS4. When I played it solo I didn't run into any problems luckily, it was only the one mission not loading when playing 2 player which stops you getting 100% in game.

Here is the original list of problems when playing this game

Edited by SirPigFace

2 hours ago, SirPigFace said:

I had this exact problem when I played it. We missed 1 block because of playing it 2 player so I had to play through the whole game again, safe to say I never got the 5-7 game because I was so mad 1f604.png

I'm really glad i made this Backup save AFTER the story xD

so its not such a big pain but still a mess.....now it looks like im cheating in the trophy list xD

i hope 5-7 isn't that buggy....the really just port the whole thing with all the bugs.

I'll play every evening 1h or so, not to much because otherwise i won't be happy with the game anymore. 

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

No you're right. I've downloaded the Collection for 15€.

Maybe its because of this, its just i read somewhere that a lot of people have the same problems while co-op in this game.

But i hope some people have the luck to get it  :D

Edited by Durandart

• 6 months later...

I'll share my experience. I've platinumed both of LEGO Harry Potter games playing them solely in co-op. Also, I want to mention that we played them from "LEGO Harry Potter collection" bundle on PS4. 

Basically it means the following: all content in both games were done in co-op. Yes, I read that there are problems with co-op in these games, but I've decided to try nonetheless. Even the most glitchy charms rooms were done with no problems, so I can return to Hogwarts etc. I never had PS3 so I don't know it they fix anything for PS4 or not, but taking my experience I would say that both games are doable in co-op.

Free roam collectibles is way easier in HP5-7, because each area has a ghost saying how many collectibles are left, where in HP1-4 you just rely on gold and white arrows indicating where the stuff is. Still regarding HP1-4, when we cleared all the available areas, we still have like 2 gold bricks and 5 characters to obtain. We thought that we encountered game breaking bugs and won't be able to 100% the game. But after running around the Hogwarts we missed one room and one time-turner location in Gryffindor room. After we cleared those ones, only one character left - Voldemort. He can be easily obtained by completing the final bonus level (unlocked with 200 Gold bricks). After that, we bought all characters from the host controller, therefore yielding to 100% completion.

Edited by Semesc
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

For masochists that think about playing this game:

We have played this game three times. Three times passed the story which is boring as fuck since we dont have 5 y. o. anymore.

• First time we had a bug where we couldn't use cauldrons in Hogward. We needed to start again after getting about 150 gold bricks.
  • Second time we did 99% but turns out, one character token was glitched and doesn't appear in its place.
  • Third time save was corrupted at 95%

How that many people get this platinum is beyond me. 30%? With that many glitches / bugs? 

so BEWARE! THIS GAME IS BORDERLINE GLITCHED AND SHOULDN'T BE PLAYED IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY LEVEL HIGH!

cheers! :)

We finished the game and she didn't get half the trophies I got. Missing Finish Chapter 1 and Chapter 4, strangely she unlocked Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 just fine. The second player didn't drop out/log out from the game, not even for a second. Just a heads up to others attempting the game in the coop and hoping for 100% for both players.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update for people attempting 100%. Mz gf started from scratch, replaying everything in single-player and reaching over 80% completion rate the save files got corrupted. The game didn't crash, the console wasn't switched off. It was an automatic saving sequence after the level was finished. She doesn't have Plus so there's no option to download back up.

Just a warning for others, especially those without Plus, back up your save file (there's only one, the game doesn't bother creating multiple) after each game session to USB.

• Like 1

Edit: I have a PS Plus save at 94% with 183/200 bricks. Lets hope Im saved here lol

Edit 2: Uploading the save from PS Plus and redoing the bonus levels and buying the voldemorts in solo mode did the trick. Thank god

I just suffered from a similar problem. Got every trophy except for Dark Wizards (all Voldemorts) and The Bonus Level is Yours (200 Gold Bricks) even when having the game 100% completed.

My bro co oped at the last bit and bought a few characters but not the voldemorts, but still glitched anyway. Also did bonus levels with him which seemed to glitch the 200 gold bricks as well. Really sucks.

Edited by Jaia2442

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A lot of trophies are glitched, and in my case it was the Teacher's Pet trophy, which is story-related and should've been unmissable. Our game was 100% complete.

My wife and I played co-op the whole game, and after completing the last class, neither of us got it. Now, in order to get it, I'll have to play every level once again by myself. Right now it feels overwhelming having to do it again after having combed every level several times, and I'm not feeling up to it..

Edited by steeler192

• 3 months later...

Recently got 100% in this game fully in co-op and thought I'd share my insight for anyone playing this in the future. 

First of all, we played the PS4 digital edition that included both Lego Harry Potter games. 

We experienced two glitches but they were "easily" fixed:

1. One time my wife's profile received the end of book trophy instead of my main profile. We think this is because she got the last hit on the boss instead of me. Simply replaying that episode, in our case 3-6, and making sure I got the last hit caused the trophy to pop for me.
  2. The "Muggle Trouble" trophy wasn't unlocking after 10 kills with a muggle. Turns out no trophies were unlocking. I'm 99% positive this happened because after a play session I simply put the game into rest mode on the start screen for Books 1 - 4 (where you can see Hogwarts and you can load a game, start a new game, etc.). To fix this we had to reset the PS4 - however only new trophies would unlock. It seems that the game kept track of how many enemies we had killed with our muggle and no matter how many more things we killed the trophy wouldn't pop. I'm going to assume any of the do 'X' things trophies would also have been borked. Thankfully, we have PS Plus and our save data was from right before this happened.

Aside from those two hiccups the rest of the trophies popped when they should have. We had a slight scare after doing everything and the 100% trophy didn't unlock but we still needed to buy one of the red brick upgrades. We used the cheats in our first play session like 9 months ago and forgot about which ones we activated. I have a few suggestions if you intend to play this in co-op to try and make your experience as smooth as possible.

• We always played the game in co-op. While going through the main game we never started a chapter without both players being on their respective profiles inside the bar in Diagon Alley (I can't think of the name... but, you know, the starting spot). We always made sure that my profile was "Player 1." 
  • We never, ever dropped out of a game. We never quit a chapter early. We only exited the game from inside the bar at Diagon Alley.
  • We did buy characters as we went but we only purchased them using the main profile. 
  • We tried our best to make sure the main profile was on the one picking up collectibles but a few times the second player did pick some up. I cannot say fully which types of collectibles the second profile grabbed but I'm mostly positive it was never golden bricks. I'd say don't sweat it if the second player grabs crests and stuff inside levels but be wary inside Hogwarts because that may be more finicky. 
  • Speak of Hogwarts we pretty much waited to explore the castle until we had fully finished the game. A few things here and there were completed but the majority of exploration took place once we had finished the story. 

There is a good chance we were just lucky since we could go back inside the castle after doing the Voldemort final mission, but hopefully by following the suggestions above you'll have good luck too! As a quick aside, this was our second Lego game (we both had played a Star Wars one back on the GameCube in high school) and overall this was a really fun experience. We look forward to checking out more in the future. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll help as best I can. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 14/07/2021 at 2:08 PM, Wuginator said:

Recently got 100% in this game fully in co-op and thought I'd share my insight for anyone playing this in the future. 

First of all, we played the PS4 digital edition that included both Lego Harry Potter games. 

We experienced two glitches but they were "easily" fixed:

1. One time my wife's profile received the end of book trophy instead of my main profile. We think this is because she got the last hit on the boss instead of me. Simply replaying that episode, in our case 3-6, and making sure I got the last hit caused the trophy to pop for me.
  2. The "Muggle Trouble" trophy wasn't unlocking after 10 kills with a muggle. Turns out no trophies were unlocking. I'm 99% positive this happened because after a play session I simply put the game into rest mode on the start screen for Books 1 - 4 (where you can see Hogwarts and you can load a game, start a new game, etc.). To fix this we had to reset the PS4 - however only new trophies would unlock. It seems that the game kept track of how many enemies we had killed with our muggle and no matter how many more things we killed the trophy wouldn't pop. I'm going to assume any of the do 'X' things trophies would also have been borked. Thankfully, we have PS Plus and our save data was from right before this happened.

Aside from those two hiccups the rest of the trophies popped when they should have. We had a slight scare after doing everything and the 100% trophy didn't unlock but we still needed to buy one of the red brick upgrades. We used the cheats in our first play session like 9 months ago and forgot about which ones we activated. I have a few suggestions if you intend to play this in co-op to try and make your experience as smooth as possible.

• We always played the game in co-op. While going through the main game we never started a chapter without both players being on their respective profiles inside the bar in Diagon Alley (I can't think of the name... but, you know, the starting spot). We always made sure that my profile was "Player 1." 
  • We never, ever dropped out of a game. We never quit a chapter early. We only exited the game from inside the bar at Diagon Alley.
  • We did buy characters as we went but we only purchased them using the main profile. 
  • We tried our best to make sure the main profile was on the one picking up collectibles but a few times the second player did pick some up. I cannot say fully which types of collectibles the second profile grabbed but I'm mostly positive it was never golden bricks. I'd say don't sweat it if the second player grabs crests and stuff inside levels but be wary inside Hogwarts because that may be more finicky. 
  • Speak of Hogwarts we pretty much waited to explore the castle until we had fully finished the game. A few things here and there were completed but the majority of exploration took place once we had finished the story. 

There is a good chance we were just lucky since we could go back inside the castle after doing the Voldemort final mission, but hopefully by following the suggestions above you'll have good luck too! As a quick aside, this was our second Lego game (we both had played a Star Wars one back on the GameCube in high school) and overall this was a really fun experience. We look forward to checking out more in the future. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll help as best I can. 

Hopefully this will still be the case for the PS Plus version. Missus is really excited to play in co-op although not looking forward to dealing with glitches.