PS4 5.50 Beta Sign up

Aranea Highwind

We’re getting ready for the next major system update for PS4, and can use some help from PS4 owners to test it out ahead of launch. Starting today, you can sign up for a chance to be a beta tester and get an advance look at some of the improvements and new features coming to PS4. And good news for Canadian folks – beginning this beta, PS4 owners in Canada are also able to register for the beta testing.

You can register to be a beta tester anytime between today and the start of the beta expected in February. Users must be 18 years or older. Once the beta starts, we’ll close registration.

Beta testers for our previous major system software update, version 5.00, got a preview of features like Family on PSN, friend list management, message improvements and much more before launch.

If you’re part of the program, you’ll receive an email with instructions on downloading the beta version of the next system software. In order to sign up, you’ll need a PS4 system with an internet connection and SEN account. And remember — you can roll back to the previous system software at any time.

And starting this beta, you can choose to be added to future betas automatically without having to register again. If you choose to do so, you’ll receive an exclusive PSN avatar.

We’ll be back soon with an update on the features you can expect in the beta.

Many thanks to everyone signing up — especially our returning beta testers! Your feedback helps us make the system software update even better.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/15/sign-up-for-the-next-ps4-system-software-update-beta-3/

EU region sign up:

https://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/en-gb/ps4beta

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 1

Has any new feature been announced yet?

I'd really like to see alphabetical order in trophies

And also a quick way to turn off the controller, like Hold PS Button, and the options are:

-Reboot PS4

-Turn off/rest mode

-Turn off controller

There shouldn't be hard to be able to delete individual DLCs instead of ALL GAME DATA.

Those 3 features should be implemented

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I wouldn't mind trying it out, but is there any risk involved? Like have any of these beta updates ever broken/bricked/fried/etc someones PS4 before? :hmm: 

I suppose there's always risk. 

But when I was a beta tester for 5.0 nothing bad happened. I did backup my saves to usb just in case. 

The only thing I couldn't do is remote play with people on my friends list that also wasn't in the beta. So not a big loss. 

I'll be testing again, I enjoyed being a beta tester last time. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I suppose there's always risk. 

But when I was a beta tester for 5.0 nothing bad happened. I did backup my saves to usb just in case. 

The only thing I couldn't do is remote play with people on my friends list that also wasn't in the beta. So not a big loss. 

I'll be testing again, I enjoyed being a beta tester last time. 

I thought I remembered you mentioning you were on the 5.0 test, I was just about to ask you about it on PS messenger too. XD onion head

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...