Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

19 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

@Sergen Good job with the points. I actually thought I was the only one crazy enough to go above 50k this week. Glad to be proven wrong.

Although I also have to say I didn't do any special stuff and still managed to get 2/3 of my games to save. I just played bodycount on beach head, on helghast team and repeatedly shot my two alts in the head. Never quit out, just grinded games nonstop. I honestly don't think it matters at all what you do in the game, and whether it saves or not is just down to luck.

I do however agree that having some extra PS3s and extra copies of KZ2 is the best thing to help you with this trophy.

When I did try boosting multiple games in a row, I only had 3/8 or 4/8 matches save, I did all the medal requirements in one sitting and not a single full medal set saved, although I did some many matches before others while staying in the same lobby. For you to get most of your matches to save without ever quitting is incredibly lucky. But congratulations on your trophy, we did definitely over-do it to an extent, but I call it ultra-paranoia, you never know if what you were doing was good enough hahaha. 

13 minutes ago, Sergen said:

When I did try boosting multiple games in a row, I only had 3/8 or 4/8 matches save, I did all the medal requirements in one sitting and not a single full medal set saved, although I did some many matches before others while staying in the same lobby. For you to get most of your matches to save without ever quitting is incredibly lucky. But congratulations on your trophy, we did definitely over-do it to an extent, but I call it ultra-paranoia, you never know if what you were doing was good enough hahaha. 

Yeah, I also had some  streaks sometimes. Like once I only managed to get 2 out of 15 games to save. Then again I also had a streak of 10+ games saving. Still, on average I would say it's about 2/3 games that count. Problem is that when you're dealing with such relatively low numbers, you're  going to see variance. That's part of what makes the trophy tricky at the moment. You need to keep grinding the points for an entire week and keep doing it even if you get unlucky at times.

And yeah, we did kind of "waste" something like 10-20 hours too much on the trophy. Then again, I don't regret a second as I believe it's better to be overly prepared than not prepared enough. The last thing I wanted to do was to have to grind another week. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sergen said:
  • Main account team: ISA
  • Alt accounts: Helghast

The issue here is that Helghast team has 2 spawn rooms, while ISA only has the one.

If you are using turbo for the alts, sometimes it will make them spawn in the other spawn room.  You're better off reversing these teams and have all alts only spawn on ISA spawn room, since they only have 1 base.  If you don't have access to 4 TV's and HDMI ports then setting it up so you don't need to move spawn locations is a bit easier. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

7 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

The issue here is that Helghast team has 2 spawn rooms, while ISA only has the one.

If you are using turbo for the alts, sometimes it will make them spawn in the other spawn room.  You're better off reversing these teams and have all alts only spawn on ISA spawn room, since they only have 1 base.  If you don't have access to 4 TV's and HDMI ports then setting it up so you don't need to move spawn locations is a bit easier. 

Yeah, I have 4 PS3s and 4 TVs, so I was able to choose to spawn my alts in the bunker. I did mention that playing as Helghast is better if you have anyone who idles the game for you. It’s simply faster to achieve the kill score in the Helghast spawn because it is closer quarters than then ISA spawn room. If I idle the game for someone then I’ll be making my turbo controller a part of the ISA team. Looks like everyone’s going to need to get as much help as they can get to earn the trophy from this point. Having to get more than 30,000 per week is just insane for people who only have 1 PS3. 

21 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

No. Last week's leaderboard has 206 pages, so there are 2051-2060 people there. That means Top 20 players got the trophy.

The 21st person will also be getting the trophy if it isn't glitched for them, mine took a second login before I could get it to unlock. I think the game has a small leniency towards what it considers as the top 1%, you can also be in the top 1.05% and get the trophy, but any further than that and the person won't get the trophy. Someone has already hacked the trophy and they were rank 24 this week, I don't think it's worth being flagged due to impatience on the leaderboard. They did have more attempts to try to get it, but I can somewhat understand having put in around 30+ hours in a week assuming he used 2 PS3s and still not getting the trophy would be painful, especially when it's a business week without any holidays. 

20 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I guess the move to bottom option is broken. Do accounts with 0 score count?

Accounts with 0 score do count, most of them are probably alt accounts that helped people boost their rank during the week. But to even get 0 score, you need to have played a match online, so an account logging in and not doing anything on the game won't count as a player in the week. 

Edited by Sergen

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Accounts with 0 score do count, most of them are probably alt accounts that helped people boost their rank during the week. But to even get 0 score, you need to have played a match online, so an account logging and not doing anything on the game won't count as a player in the week. 

But if I switch the account I use to self-boost every day that would count as 7 extra people on the leaderboards?

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

But if I switch the account I use to self-boost every day that would count as 7 extra people on the leaderboards?

Yeah, as long as at least one of the matches that account plays is saved to the servers, the game has a tendency to fail to save stats but surely one match in a whole day of boosting will save successfully. 

I think the kill limit is important vs. kill time limit now that I think about it.

If u set it at a limit of 25 kills then the server knows u got 25 kills coz u completed 1 game, versus setting a limit of 10 minutes... I guess maybe the server can't read the data on # of kills correctly 100% so therefore stats don't save correctly, but it will count the # of games completely correctly? Just an idea.

I'm glad I already got my 1% last month, these scores are jawdroppingly redonkulously huge lol

• Like 1

My experience with the stats saving is it doesn't have anything to do with what you did in the match. Either everything you do in the match saves at once or nothing does.

Like when I was doing ribbons I was actually comparing the individual ribbons saving and the XP earned in those games. It was either every ribbon earned in a single game saved together with all the XP, or nothing did. This leads me to believe the server just doesn't manage to process some packets containing match data that are sent to it, and thus the scores don't update. Simple as that.

Also, if you leave a game and try to join it, you get a message saying "you already posted results for this match" or something along those lines. Basically this suggests that all the things you did in the match, including the XP earned is just sent by the player client when the match concludes. I also noticed it takes something like two minutes for this data to reflect on the leaderboards and the ribbon menu. A few times I would leave the match, check my progress and not see an update. Then I checked again in a minute or so and my ribbons or XP had actually gone up.

26 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

If you have nothing but free time, you can get it. But I'm thinking this week 35K will be the minimum to get VGC by the trends. 

How many hours would you recommend to boost daily? 

Edit: if I start today. 

Edited by MSIA_pokwee

23 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

How many hours would you recommend to boost daily? 

Edit: if I start today. 

I'm not going for this, but I'm watching people go for it. Honestly, do as much as you can per day. No such as overdoing it for this trophy. I'd recommend at least 40K or 45K to be safe. 

42 minutes ago, Malifor22 said:

Is this week’s Rankings showing up for you, or do you get “This Board is empty. there are no entries yet” I’d like to know how my points total compares so far!

The current weeks leaderboard is broken for everyone so there is no way of seeing where you rank worldwide. All you can do is use the previous weeks leaderboard to give you an idea of how many points you should go for.