Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

3 hours ago, Sipkowitz said:

@CristianX-97 - I certainly got a laugh out of that.

I was thinking during my grind how funny it would be to get 1st spot, I also thought man I hope it doesn't f**k up on me if I do make 1%.

If I don't get this I would want to get an equivalent Trophy in its place.

The Trophy in mind, (Not sure on the name), is the NGS2 MP, whilst being a complete NOOB and having barely touched a NG game, I would like someone with EXTREMELY GIGANTIC porportions of time and patience to basically carry me through & train me @ the same time, (Rachel Spin strategy or whatever it would take), so that I could end up with the Plat for that game.

It's alot to ask, but as it stands that is one of those don't pursue Platinum kind of games due to the MP portion.

But if I could pull it off, it would be one of my greatest Trophies yet.

PS. - Damn does anyone here remember what it was like before Microsoft made thos damn Achievements?

Ninja Gaiden is doable if your willing to learn the game, in the end when playing and being familiar with the game it shouldn't pose too difficult. Just git gud. And everyone starts as a noob with each game they play, so your argument being a complete noob is just being negative to yourself.. And by getting better at a game you don't even have to be carried. Still I'm not a guy who wants to waste his time carrying noobs/randoms in online games if they would ask me cuz they couldn't do it themself.

"Damn does anyone here remember what it was like before Microsoft made thos damn Achievements?"

Things are still the same, majority of gamers have zero interest in trophies/achievements. To some they add a challenge or other means to extend the playtime to others they don't mean anything.. Maybe you should just prioritize what you like either gameplay(fun) or trophies? Trophies shouldn't be your nr 1 priority on why or why not you would play a game no matter how long or difficult it is.

Also on your last post, I'm still of the opinion that P2P isn't always the way to play online especially shooters. It is the worst performing network for games. So I still prefer dedicated servers even if they would shutdown the servers after 10 years the game came out. As I'm mostly a day one MP player kinda guy, however there aren't a lot of MP games I have interest in mostly only shoooters or coop games not so much sports/fighting/race games. Then there are games that added a useless MP to their great SP game like Max Payne 3, Mass Effect (well more like PvE), Tomb Raider reboot, the latest Deux Ex, Doom 2016, BioShock 2, Batman origins (the mediocre one), Assassin's Creed. But there are exceptions that have a decent MP addition like the Last of Us(P2P but enjoyable for a few good weeks tho), Uncharted 4 (only one I played online, shame that the game is P2P and netcode isn't great hence why I've only played it for a few months as I did like the gameplay). Still more of a personal opinion/taste tho.

I'm not a person that really cares a lot if a very old game gets shutdown tho even if I played it in the past. Eventually there is thing that you will get tired of some game in time after playing it a long time. I'm not gonna argue whether or not servers should still be online as I'm in no position to demand that of a company I'm not even a part of or in charge of.

5 hours ago, Sipkowitz said:

Also any MP crap should totally be doable p2p.

Wish there would be more games like this. 

Disney Infinity servers were yanked, but since MP is p2p style there, server going down didn't really matter except for a few MP trophies, if u had those few done then u can do the remaining MP trophies p2p style. 

But ya this wouldn't work well with online shooters or any game where time is important to everything. 

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

What I was trying to say was MP was optional or non-existant, (Unless game was specifically an MP/Co-Op focused one).

The Trophies are an addition, I just don't like them to require others apart from myself.

As for the NGS2 point, the thing here is if a game has MP the rule is do MP 1st, (Unless there is a prerequisite from the SP, Red Faction: Guerrilla & Wipeout HD both require completion of the campaign), so what I mean is the MP would be near impossible to complete because I won't have & will not play the Campaign until AFTER the MP is done... catch my drift.

As for the p2p vs dedicated, (If you could host your own server (Assuming doable and cheap etc)), then this would be a non-issue, but there are probably some complications thrown in there.

I'm one who doesn't really care much for MP, & I'm especially not a day 1 kind of person.

The Trophies should be like how you would unlock stuff for the game, by completing tasks etc, (Getting 100% in a game should mean you get the Platinum, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is such an example).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My time with Trophies will come to an end or greatly be reduced as I move away from consoles, (So apart from a few multiplat, it'll mostly be exclusives, and probably no PS+, (At least for now anyway)).

Even on PC, so say Steam Achievements or whatnot, same rules apply.

If I'm unable to complete the Online portion I will not attempt the rest, (There may be exceptions to this, but we'll see when the time comes & if i'd have the incentive etc).

Edited by Sipkowitz
Additional Section

Part of me can kind of accept the cituation a little as this was a Trophy that i'd thought I was never going to get.

Then 1 year i'd found out that it might actually be achievable for me, the key thing here was finding a partner/group to spend a week on this.

That right there was probably the biggest deterrant, (Now I didn't necessarily go looking for people, but i'd imagine it'd been a little challenging finding someone(s)),

It is that NEED for other players which annoys me as it is the 1st hurdle in getting the Trophy.

You NEED people there at the same time, with the same purpose, and enough of them before you can even attempt the challenge, then you hope they'll stay the time it takes for everyone to finish.

THIS right here is a real pain, it's one thing to pull off some crap solo vs coordinating with others, (Sure things can be expidited with others).

Personally I think companies should look at how From Software has made their Achievements in the Soulsish series, (Demon, Dark & Bloodborne, Not sure about Armored Core), where there is an Online component that is ENTIRELY OPTIONAL, (Maybe it's EASIER with others), but the idea is it is totally doable solo and MP isn't REQUIRED, (My understanding is that the solo requirements aren't so outrages that they practically HAVE to be done Online, (Apparently White Knight Chronicles 2 falls/fell in here)).

That & there should be a way of getting old stuff to work online, (Hell 1 or 2 years ago I could join an online game for my 1st time in UT99), that's right (Granted this was on PC & was not expecting online to work at all), but a 15+ game was still playable with others, CS 1.6 is/was another that lasted a while, something like Starcraft/Warcraft probably still worked.

Just saying the option should be there if people want it etc, (Maybe it cost too much/too difficult).

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

*removed*

You don't understand what it would be like to get a 150,000+ score and fail to get Valor Grand Cross, so I recommend not being mad about what he says. He doubled the score I got and I have the trophy, but he doesn't have it and I can say I'd be very upset if my trophy didn't unlock and he probably played the game more than I did. 

But @Sipkowitz, if you want to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 co-op done quickly, I will offer you the help as long as you can unlock Rachel and learn how to twirl and listen to what I say. I helped many people with the game but it's been nearly a year since I helped anyone but since you have been screwed out of a great score on Killzone 2, I feel like the least I could do to cheer you up is help you with a better trophy. Either way, let me know if you want to start working on it and we can talk. I think this should be a lesson to not procrastinate a closing game server in the future, always do it as soon as it's announced so you don't miss out. 

Edited by Stevieboy
Clean up for previous deleted post
  • Like 2

@Sergen - I will look into it, (Have no idea what the prep work is, as I didn't even know Rachel needed to be unlocked).

Totally fine doing it the Rachel Spin way (Apparently the easier way to do it).

As for the server closure thing, i'm sure i've said this somewhere but I only got word of it like a little over a month ago, (That last week of February), Arkham Origins was like a day before closure, (I kind of go off grid for longish periods of time, but man I sign in PSN once a week, all someone had to do is PM me saying closures got announced, every now and then I check & that time in February ended up being one of them).

@Spaz - Sure I'm probably too whiny & annoying, it's just my disposition & how I percieve thigs, (Perhaps I have many ways to go in terms of maturity/life lessons etc).

But i'll still stand by what I say, i'll call out what I consider a bad system, would like to see improvements etc, it's not re-inventing the wheel, but saying the wheel is broken or has problems, what could be done that is better than the wheel.

It's about not being complacent or content with crap because "that's just the way things are".

I probably come off as too idealistic, annoying, (Maybe entitled, throw in some stupid or alot I guess).

Just been kind of sitting on this for a few days & well guess I just wanted to let some stuff out & maybe went overboard.

I think i've almost come to terms with it but full closure won't really come till the week ends & the server is dead for good, (As it stands there is that little inkling of hope), but yeah, spirits will probably be lifted over Easter, (If you knew me you'd know i'm not one of high spirits in the 1st place, so quite frankly i'm a little suprised at how i'm taking this, granted i've had bouts of rage throughout the month and I could just be burnt out, I consider myself a little lucky not to have completely flipped out breaking stuff or gone super depressed, (Both extremes, but I think I was a little level headed going into this, (I was a little prepared for the failure/Already accepted that i'd probably won't get it, was just being kind of strang along with falseish hope with the Alts & whatnot))).

Otherwise i'm just waiting patiently hoping for a miracle of some sorts, the thought of having a NGS2 Plat really would make my day, (Has me look forward to something positive).

PS. - While i'm very grateful @Sergen, for you offering to help i don't know if you'll be able to handle how bad/burdensome i'll end up being, (Hell IDK how torturous it's going to be for myself), I just don't want to end up wasting someones time, and me being a scrub couldn't really repay the favour, much like to those who lent me their bots for a week.

10 hours ago, Sipkowitz said:

PS. - While i'm very grateful @Sergen, for you offering to help i don't know if you'll be able to handle how bad/burdensome i'll end up being, (Hell IDK how torturous it's going to be for myself), I just don't want to end up wasting someones time, and me being a scrub couldn't really repay the favour, much like to those who lent me their bots for a week.

I have done the entire co-op with 2 PS3s on my own, so I think there's not really much of an excuse for a human partner to fail. I won't need anything in return from you, I think it's the least I can do to help ease the stress of knowing a game is unobtainable on your list. I don't know how I'd handle it personally, I'd probably have a sinking feeling in my stomach and be really stressed out, all for some trophies. 

Edited by Sergen

@Sergen - Maybe i'm just not THAT phased by an incomplete Trophy list, I for one cannot get Burnout Paradise or Wipeout done due to connection issues, (Also don't have a damn camera).

So in a way I was/am ok with not having a KZ2 Plat, it just would've been nice to have, (That's the way I handle these things, nice to have, can do without).

Turns out i'd need to do a 1/2 playthrough to get Rachel, and you're certainly making it sound easier than it is, (But it gives me some hope).

I realised I have quite a few grindy/co-op titles to get through, this year I'd like to make some headway, even better if I can finish most if not all, (Very unlikely), but greatly reduce the MP list of games to get through.

Never got NG3 so there's that but I've got others I should get going on, (Some are largely dependant on having enough Players).

So i'm not sure when I intend to have a crack, (I guess it largely depends on your availability), but whatever the options are shouldn't be too much of a problem for me, (For now it'd be more like which month, specifics can come later).

Boy I kind of derailed/sidetracked this thread but I think I might stop for a bit anyway, (Don't think i'd have much more to add anyway).

2 hours ago, Sipkowitz said:

@Sergen - Maybe i'm just not THAT phased by an incomplete Trophy list, I for one cannot get Burnout Paradise or Wipeout done due to connection issues, (Also don't have a damn camera).

So in a way I was/am ok with not having a KZ2 Plat, it just would've been nice to have, (That's the way I handle these things, nice to have, can do without).

This. A million times, this. If I had a £ for every time someone had accused me of being bitter/salty over not having achieved a trophy when I genuinely couldn’t care less and am just annoyed at the less than ideal way servers get closed down, I’d have too much money to fit into a bank account. Why is it that being ok with having an unattainable trophy list makes you some kind of outcast on this website? 

• Like 1

So the servers are finally down. Just checked. No more VGCs for you unlucky ones ? ... This thread has been really fun and helpful. Thank you to all contributors. It's been a blast. See you on the next dying PS3 game thread ?

• Like 2

Well Rest in Pepperonis then....

Btw I just went to check on some of the trophies of ppl I know I just noticed something......seems to me that atleast 1 person managed to hack the VGC for himself without it showing up on the leaderboard. This might be also the reason why for some people who tried to do this legit,  the trophy glitched....all speculation ofcourse, but I just went to check one of the vids Sergen uploaded to Youtube to check if this guy had made it to top 1% at any given week and sure as hell, he hadnt yet he still has the trophy......

So really fuckng stupid if some hackers managed to ruin this for some others who tried to do it legit, but it definitely seems that way....this guy was nowhere to be seen on the leaderboards, yet he has the trophy (unlocked last week)

Edited by Balnazzardi

Congratulations to everyone who summoned up the courage to tackle the KZ2 online the last couple of weeks/months. I could not be bothered but am happy that I did get the KZ3 online trophies.

As for the servers themselves, not a lot is lost. But I did hear that they might now finally get a well deserved upgrade from Windows 3.1 tot windows 2000. Maybe that will sort out some issues when Sony starts using them for their next game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balnazzardi said:

Btw I just went to check on some of the trophies of ppl I know I just noticed something......seems to me that atleast 1 person managed to hack the VGC for himself without it showing up on the leaderboard. This might be also the reason why for some people who tried to do this legit,  the trophy glitched....all speculation ofcourse, but I just went to check one of the vids Sergen uploaded to Youtube to check if this guy had made it to top 1% at any given week and sure as hell, he hadnt yet he still has the trophy......

Why don't you post his ID? Do you mean *****? It's odd that he achieved it on the 24th, isn't it?

Update 1:

Sorry, didn't know it wasn't allowed to post the username.

Update 2:

So I can't find him in the top ranks in week 11, but he did earn the other crosses on the 19th. So it's possible that he somehow hacked the VGC on the 24th. ?

Edited by derdimi

Well, I checked everyone who is listed on PSNP and got the trophy on the 19th. All 22 out of 24 achievers are listed in Sergen's video. So I am still not sure who you are talking about. Is it really not allowed to discuss other guy's trophies? I mean, their trophies are public and we're not really shaming... yet ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, derdimi said:

Well, I checked everyone who is listed on PSNP and got the trophy on the 19th. All 22 out of 24 achievers are listed in Sergen's video. So I am still not sure who you are talking about. Is it really not allowed to discuss other guy's trophies? I mean, their trophies are public and we're not really shaming... yet 1f602.png

I think @Balnazzardi mistaken the date. Try check 12/03/2018 achievers, there are two anomalies. 

ye and like said this guy im talking about is not anywhere to be seen on Sergen's vid (between 12/03-19/03), and he got the trophy....also this guy has his profile/trophies hidden here on PSNprofiles.

I just conclude by saying I did boost with him back in January, he failed to get the trophy back then and didnt really have time to boost it after it.....so I quess he went the illegal way to get it

Edited by Balnazzardi

2 minutes ago, Balnazzardi said:

ye and like said this guy im talking about is not anywhere to be seen on Sergen's vid (between 12/03-19/03), and he got the trophy....also this guy has his profile/trophies hidden here on PSNprofiles.

I just conclude by saying I did boost with him back in January, he failed to get the trophy back then and didnt really have time to boost it after it.....so I quess he went the illegal way to get it

OIC, no wonder we couldn't find the guy you were talking about on PSNP ?

• Like 1