Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

6 hours ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Do I still have a chance to get VGC if I start today or should I boost next week? 

Last week I had enough XP to qualify for top 1% within 2 days, but I did grind for 16 hours on my first day and around 13 hours on my 2nd. But since you can’t see how you’re doing all week anymore I pushed and got over 70,000 in the week. Now that the cut off point last week was 29.5K, anyone who gives a damn about the trophy is going to try to get over 35,000. It does depend how many ps3s you have because having 3 or 4 PS3s is going to put you at an advantage over most people who are grinding during the week. Gone are the days where you can start the game on the Sunday and get the trophy on Monday. I do recommend starting it at the beginning of the week though and not stopping regardless of the score you get. I’ll just say the trophy is now not possible to get if you have to spend all week taking turns with people, unless you play it for 15 hours a day for a week and even then you’d be cutting it close. 

@Malifor22, last week’s scores were accumulated within 1 week, so you really do need to get a score that is above 30,000 within a single week to have a chance of getting the trophy right now. The week before did have 2 weeks worth of score, but because it took 2 weeks, the leaderboards also had over 3000 people who played the game so a 25,000 score was suitable for top 1%. Right now due to the lack of players but increase of trophy hunters who think it’s all or nothing to get the trophy, it’s just going to get more difficult to get the trophy as the weeks go by.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Last week I had enough XP to qualify for top 1% within 2 days, but I did grind for 16 hours on my first day and around 13 hours on my 2nd. But since you can’t see how you’re doing all week anymore I pushed and got over 70,000 in the week. Now that the cut off point last week was 29.5K, anyone who gives a damn about the trophy is going to try to get over 35,000. It does depend how many ps3s you have because having 3 or 4 PS3s is going to put you at an advantage over most people who are grinding during the week. Gone are the days where you can start the game on the Sunday and get the trophy on Monday. I do recommend starting it at the beginning of the week though and not stopping regardless of the score you get. I’ll just say the trophy is now not possible to get if you have to spend all week taking turns with people, unless you play it for 15 hours a day for a week and even then you’d be cutting it close. 

I have 2 PS3s, right now I've been boosting for 7 hours, going to follow your advice and boost for 15+ hours. 2/3 or 7/10 games stat are saved, this week the server are pretty stable because unlike 2 weeks ago, I didn't get disconnected in the middle of the match at all. 

35 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

I have 2 PS3s, right now I've been boosting for 7 hours, going to follow your advice and boost for 15+ hours. 2/3 or 7/10 games stat are saved, this week the server are pretty stable because unlike 2 weeks ago, I didn't get disconnected in the middle of the match at all. 

For reference, I used three PS3s last week and racked up 62k points over something like 50-60 hours. I was playing 5min time limit body count games and averaging around 226xp per match. This was while watching movies or listening to podcasts so I wasn't exactly focusing on it 100% either.

By that logic, using two PS3s it's going to take you an equal amount of hours to hit half the points, since you're only killing one alternate account. So if you want to be safe at 35k, you're looking at a 70 hour time commitment. This can of course vary as you can get lucky or unlucky but as long as you keep playing relatively short games, you should be fine.But if you can do 15 hours a day until you get a comfortable lead, you should be fine. It's always better to accumulate the points earlier in case the server goes down later in the week (though it's usually for just a few hours).

Anyway, with determination and enough stuff to watch while grinding you can do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

For reference, I used three PS3s last week and racked up 62k points over something like 50-60 hours. I was playing 5min time limit body count games and averaging around 226xp per match. This was while watching movies or listening to podcasts so I wasn't exactly focusing on it 100% either.

By that logic, using two PS3s it's going to take you an equal amount of hours to hit half the points, since you're only killing one alternate account. So if you want to be safe at 35k, you're looking at a 70 hour time commitment. This can of course vary as you can get lucky or unlucky but as long as you keep playing relatively short games, you should be fine.But if you can do 15 hours a day until you get a comfortable lead, you should be fine. It's always better to accumulate the points earlier in case the server goes down later in the week (though it's usually for just a few hours).

Anyway, with determination and enough stuff to watch while grinding you can do it.

I can't say I'd be able to watch a movie while grinding, but I did spend a lot of time watching Gordon Ramsay videos where he goes into a restaurant and roasts people who can't keep their shit together. I timed how much XP I was getting in a 4 PS3 lobby and it was 1,400 XP per hour. But my goal was simply to get 10,000 XP for every day of the week, I did take a day off from XP boosting to get every other online trophy as I thought "there's no way a score like 40,000 won't be in the top 1%". But maybe in a few weeks from now, a score like 40,000 will only just get people into the top 1%, as the weeks go by, less people will be playing the game while more people will be paranoid about the trophy. @sepheroithisgod did come up with a good idea which was to use a different alt account for every day he was boosting, if everyone who has 2 PS3s were to do that during the week while grinding, they'd be able to decrease the top 1% threshold, so I can kind of recommend doing that as it won't slow you down if you have the accounts made a week prior. It's better to use a different alt account for everyday you boost the game than to add accounts to the game at the last minute.  

Another thing I recommend for people who want to start next week and want to use 2 PS3s is for them to at least grind an alt account to Major Rank (1450XP) so you can unlock the Tactician Class for your alt account to unlock the spawn grenades, this is recommended for grinding other online trophies because to get kills quickly on other maps, it is best to have an alt that is spawning on their spawn grenades. 

6 minutes ago, sniksnack321 said:

Scores only go up because people decide they want 70k for a week getting people paranoid that more 70k’s will come

It's basic supply and demand. There's limited supply left, perhaps something like less than 200 chances to earn the trophy (9 weeks and 20 weekly achievers). As long as there's demand left and the supply remains the same, prices (point requirements) go up.

9 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

It's basic supply and demand. There's limited supply left, perhaps something like less than 200 chances to earn the trophy (9 weeks and 20 weekly achievers). As long as there's demand left and the supply remains the same, prices (point requirements) go up.

Yeah lol. The last week will take 100K to get into the 1%...

5 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah lol. The last week will take 100K to get into the 1%...

Who knows. I'd be wary of starting it on the last full week. If the servers go down over reset again, you'll basically waste 50 hours of your life for nothing. So I actually think it won't be that bad as any reasonable people would get theirs earlier.

Just now, IDiivil said:

Who knows. I'd be wary of starting it on the last full week. If the servers go down over reset again, you'll basically waste 50 hours of your life for nothing. So I actually think it won't be that bad as any reasonable people would get theirs earlier.

Oh yeah. I'm going to skip out on the madness of KZ2 entirely. I can't spend that amount of time grinding in a week and I only have 1 PS3. I'm just predicting how crazy it will be in the final week.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sniksnack321 said:

Scores only go up because people decide they want 70k for a week getting people paranoid that more 70k’s will come

Better safe than sorry, because you can't see the scores throughout the week so you have to over-do it. 

Rank 21 on a 206 page leaderboard has now synced their Valor Grand Cross trophy, so the weekly leaderboard does have leniency to an extent. You can be within 1.05% and get the trophy, but any less than that and the week was wasted. Someone got flagged this week because they hacked the trophy after getting rank 24 and every other week in history their score would have been enough to get in the top 1% legitimately, but because they did hack it with CFW they had to get flagged. Everyone has multiple attempts to try to get the trophy, as long as the leaderboard doesn't suddenly stop working forever. The final week that Valor Grand Cross is possible will probably see the highest top 1% threshold, because it will really be everyone's last chance to go for it. 

In the past people could see how the weekly leaderboard was looking throughout the week, but I'm not sure if that would be better or worse in this current time period. People would definitely be a bit salty if they weren't #1 throughout the entire week and then people who knew they weren't in the top 1% for that week while seeing their progress would put in all-nighters to outdo other people. 

41 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Yeah, this explains it perfectly. This could be easily solved if the trophy community could come together. If everyone could just spend 10 minutes to log in and get ranked. Hundreds of people would be able to get the trophy with half of the work.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Yeah, this explains it perfectly. This could be easily solved if the trophy community could come together. If everyone could just spend 10 minutes to log in and get ranked. Hundreds of people would be able to get the trophy with half of the work.

I had logged in 6 of my alt so far. I change to other alt every hour instead of everyday. 3 alts left. 

Also, anyone else noticed that Today's Ranking actually working? 

Edit: 

https://i.imgur.com/LAUETH2.jpg

Edited by MSIA_pokwee

59 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

I had logged in 6 of my alt so far. I change to other alt every hour instead of everyday. 3 alts left. 

Also, anyone else noticed that Today's Ranking actually working? 

Edit: 

https://i.imgur.com/LAUETH2.jpg

Doesn't look like it's working too well considering your account has an NA rank hahaha. If the weekly leaderboards start to work while the week is going, shit's gonna get real hahaha. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Doesn't look like it's working too well considering your account has an NA rank hahaha. If the weekly leaderboards start to work while the week is going, shit's gonna get real hahaha. 

Actually I was ranked 3rd but after the stats updated it turn into NA. 

19 hours ago, simpgraus said:

what everyone weekly scores.might be able to compare notes.

Odds are most won't give an honest score. I doubt the scores will continue to rise substantially. There are only so many hours a week people can grind for, but the desperation is real. I feel safe with my score but will probably put a few more hours in tomorrow.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Odds are most won't give an honest score. I doubt the scores will continue to rise substantially. There are only so many hours a week people can grind for, but the desperation is real. I feel safe with my score but will probably put a few more hours in tomorrow.

Yea i know... hopeful last weeks top 20 have buggered off to another game..