Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

16 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

just need the game to save.

any tips for getting it to save more.. setting

I haven't played the game yet, I can't at the moment. I will check if I will be able to do it later, but I suggest you to check previous post of this thread, they might help you.

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I haven't played the game yet, I can't at the moment. I will check if I will be able to do it later, but I suggest you to check previous post of this thread, they might help you.

dam

1 minute ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Well my social life this whole week is basically non-existent, today I'm gonna grind for 20 hours straight. I've reached my target score which is 30k but just to be safe I'm going just keep on grinding until the server reset. 

now this trophy will just get worse and worse with scores like this.

my only hope is 5000 player play this week and the top 50 get it.. then never play it again.

On 1/16/2018 at 6:30 PM, scFlinT-us said:

It's a pure gambling, my friend - stats are either saved or not, and the probability that they are saved, well, I think it's above than 50% - maybe 60%-70%. When I was boosting I tried a lot of tips, including waiting after a match, quitting the Warzone by the host right after a match ends, and many many more - nothing really worked and I was wasting my time. So the last 3 days or so I did this:

- alt was a host

- bodycount for 10 frags (takes about 2.5 mins)

- once round ended I was waiting for a several seconds until "saving" icon disappears, then started the next round. No extra waiting, no Warzone log out, nothing like that - just round after round non-stop for 1-2 hours (I was watching movies in the process so paused and checked stats only after movie ended :)). Don't remember the exact output in points, but I think yes - I was not less than 1k per hour.

Here is what made me think that waiting after a match is pointless: I did a small experiment - after a round ended, I waited until the game was saved (blinking white icon disappeared), then immediately left the game and Warzone. Then I checked the stats couple of times (with an interval of 15-20 secs) for friends on my alt - there were no changes there. Did it again after 1-2 minutes - the stats got updated. So it seems that what really takes time - is processing and updating the stats on the sever-side. I don't know, maybe the problem arises in this internal process somewhere (too many stats-update tasks and the queue gets truncated or something like that) or maybe it works as designed. But I tend to think that the game sends "stats-update" request to server only once - and no matter was it rejected by the server due to some limits (I think the servers were trimmed in resources) or it was failed to get processed internally - the client will not attempt to send a new request if the previous has failed, so waiting is pointless - it was either saved or not.

Anyway, waiting or not after a round is up to you - I'm not going persuade anybody. I personally did not wait and did fine with the 2nd place in the end :)

@simpgrausI'm using this method and 7 or 8 out of 10 matches stat are saved for me. I'd started grinding for this trophy 2 days late (only have 5 days to grind) so my paranoia is well founded.

I've checked the weekly leaderboard this week and it looks like @T2KILL is the last person who can get Valor Grand Cross this week, as he's rank 22 on a 223 page leaderboard, so the nearest whole number to that is 22. That means this week you needed to have 46,376 or more to get into the top 1%, by far the most brutal week in the game's history. It's literally only me and @IDiivil from last week's scores that would have made it into the top 1% this week with our scores. I won't be surprised if 60,000 becomes the top 1% cut off point in the future. 

Edited by Sergen

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I've checked the weekly leaderboard this week and it looks like @T2KILL is the last person who can Valor Grand Cross this week, as he's rank 22 on a 223 page leaderboard, so the nearest whole number to that is 22. That means this week you needed to have 46,376 or more to get into the top 1%, by far the most brutal week in the game's history. It's literally only me and @IDiivil from last week's scores that would have made it into the top 1% this week with our scores. I won't be surprised if 60,000 becomes the top 1% cut off point in the future. 

I felt pretty confident at 47,656. I can't believe how many people grinded that high. I'm glad it's over and feel bad for everyone who just wasted 40+ hrs and to everyone still trying. Good luck.

• Like 1

Honestly I’d rather keep my real life and my health and sanity than spend 50+ hours boosting this and doing literally nothing else for an entire week other than taking a s**t. I know people who have done this and made themselves ill from lack of sleep and the amount of time spent staring at a screen doing the same damn thing all day and night. Seriously guys think twice about what you are really achieving before you put yourselves through this. There is such a thing as too much. Am I the only one able to see this and not be willing to pass that line?

• Like 2

Oh My god I'm so glad I made the cut this week for the past 4 weeks I've been playing this and get so close. I stat saves suck so bad I've played this game so much the past few weeks glad to kinda have my life back. I use to play long matches this week I went to short matches 6 min seemed to save more. Good luck to the rest of you guy going for this trophy. 

I'm actually a bit surprised at the number of people who went past 40k and even 45k. I mean those are pretty respectable numbers.

The worst thing about these inflated numbers is that failing is going to be so much worse. Grinding 40k and not making it is a pretty big mental hit, as you've basically grinded for a pointless digital trophy for 30+ hours and not even achieved it.

That said, from an academic point of view I'm endlessly fascinated by this little competition. I know game theorists would love to study the ongoing hunt for this trophy, as it exhibits quite a few interesting angles that have not been studied to an extent. I mean people are basically investing huge amounts of their free time for the sake of an arguably "meaningless" reward. Then there's the whole asymmetric lifespan of the game to consider, seeing as how these trophies have been around for nine years and how only the newly introduced scarcity created this kind of highly competitive atmosphere. Also there's the fact that the ongoing weekly game does not display standings, and thus you have to plan your strategy with incomplete information.

Edited by IDiivil

2 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Btw, when is it supposed to sync and pop? Last week it was pretty fast for lower tier trophies. Can't wait to get me paws on this wee beastie.

It should unlock less than a minute after you've logged in, if it doesn't unlock by then, you should back out of Warzone and log back in, it took me a 2nd login to get the trophy. 

8 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

I'm actually a bit surprised at the number of people who went past 40k and even 45k. I mean those are pretty respectable numbers.

The worst thing about these inflated numbers is that failing is going to be so much worse. Grinding 40k and not making it is a pretty big mental hit, as you've basically grinded for a pointless digital trophy for 30+ hours and not even achieved it.

That said, from an academic point of view I'm endlessly fascinated by this little competition. I know game theorists would love to study the ongoing hunt for this trophy, as it exhibits quite a few interesting angles that have not been studied to an extent. I mean people are basically investing huge amounts of their free time for the sake of an arguably "meaningless" reward. Then there's the whole asymmetric lifespan of the game to consider, seeing as how these trophies have been around for nine years and how only the newly introduced scarcity created this kind of highly competitive atmosphere. Also there's the fact that the ongoing weekly game does not display standings, and thus you have to plan your strategy with incomplete information.

Some of the approaches to gaining this trophy border on the addictive. These people have spent more time doing this than I’ve spent sleeping in the last week. Incredible. Utterly utterly incredible. I’ve seen and heard of people using medication to stay awake just to earn this. People giving themselves illnesses and lying to their friends and family in order to stay home and continue boosting. Honestly this is a serious problem that needs an intervention more than it needs studying. 

1 minute ago, turpinator1986 said:

Some of the approaches to gaining this trophy border on the addictive. These people have spent more time doing this than I’ve spent sleeping in the last week. Incredible. Utterly utterly incredible. I’ve seen and heard of people using medication to stay awake just to earn this. People giving themselves illnesses and lying to their friends and family in order to stay home and continue boosting. Honestly this is a serious problem that needs an intervention more than it needs studying. 

I think you guys are thinking people spent over a hundred hrs doing this. It's roughly 1000+ xp an hr (unless the servers say FU) so it was around 40+ hrs. That is not that much time to put in over 1 week. I just watched YouTube videos the entire time. It is pretty low effort.