Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

7 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Some of the approaches to gaining this trophy border on the addictive. These people have spent more time doing this than I’ve spent sleeping in the last week. Incredible. Utterly utterly incredible. I’ve seen and heard of people using medication to stay awake just to earn this. People giving themselves illnesses and lying to their friends and family in order to stay home and continue boosting. Honestly this is a serious problem that needs an intervention more than it needs studying. 

Oh I absolutely agree that it has to do with addiction, or behaviour stemming from patterns related to such phenomena at the very least. I mean I was feeling some degree of anxiety when I was deciding whether I should go for the trophy or not. And I was feeling that while grinding too and in relation to at what point it would be safe to stop. But these are all issues that can be approached from a variety of angles, and the case itself could provide useful data for example studying patterns in gaming-related addiction.

But really, the only way to stop it at this point would be to contact Guerrilla and tell them to shut down the servers as soon as possible, and I don't know if that would really be the best course of action at this point.

Edited by IDiivil

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think you guys are thinking people spent over a hundred hrs doing this. It's roughly 1000+ xp an hr (unless the servers say FU) so it was around 40+ hrs. That is not that much time to put in over 1 week. I just watched YouTube videos the entire time. It is pretty low effort.

I took a day away from XP grinding for my week as well, since I thought it would be safe to stop grinding so I could get every other online trophy, if I did grind that extra day and not get every other online trophy in my week, I would have been able to get close to 90,000 XP. But I grinded the game for around 65-70 hours for XP and about 8-10 hours for every other online trophy. I timed how much XP I was getting per hour and in a good hour I got 1400 XP in the hour. I can say if someone has work during the week, that means they probably won't be getting Valor Grand Cross. They would be having a miserable week to have to work and then come home to grind Killzone 2 for 7+ hours and then they also need 2-4 PS3s to self boost, it's impossible to get a high enough score by taking turns for the week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Oh I absolutely agree that it has to do with addiction, or behaviour stemming from patterns related to such phenomena at the very least. I mean I was feeling some degree of anxiety when I was deciding whether I should go for the trophy or not. And I was feeling that while grinding too and in relation to at what point it would be safe to stop. But these are all issues that can be approached from a variety of angles, and the case itself could provide useful data for example studying patterns in gaming-related addiction.

But really, the only way to stop it at this point would be to contact Guerrilla and tell them to shut down the servers as soon as possible, and I don't know if that would really be the best course of action at this point.

Yeah like it’s simultaneously intriguing and concerning in equal amounts. I wonder if there’s an element of machoism in it too. A lot of gamers are male (I’m not incidentally) so is this also being affected by the whole male subconciois need to one up each other? ‘You got that much but I can go one better’. Much like the scenario you see if you place one of those punching machines in a pub? A fascinating combination of elements all combining to ensure people put their health at risk over something only they know they will have. Because let’s face it. Who ever looks at anybody else’s trophy list? Honestly do yourself a favour and take my approach. Wait and see if the requirements ever come down. If not, go on your merry way safe in the knowledge you can go down the pub for a drink on Friday night instead. 

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I took a day away from XP grinding for my week as well, since I thought it would be safe to stop grinding so I could get every other online trophy, if I did grind that extra day and not get every other online trophy in my week, I would have been able to get close to 90,000 XP. But I grinded the game for around 65-70 hours for XP and about 8-10 hours for every other online trophy. I timed how much XP I was getting per hour and in a good hour I got 1400 XP in the hour. I can say if someone has work during the week, that means they probably won't be getting Valor Grand Cross. They would be having a miserable week to have to work and then come home to grind Killzone 2 for 7+ hours and then they also need 2-4 PS3s to self boost, it's impossible to get a high enough score by taking turns for the week. 

Yeah, the weeks of taking turns are over. In case anyone isn't aware you can use your PS4 to boost with your self. Make a new account and activate your free PS Now trial. It has Killzone 2. I used Tharis depot cause the dlc is not in the PS Now version.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think you guys are thinking people spent over a hundred hrs doing this. It's roughly 1000+ xp an hr (unless the servers say FU) so it was around 40+ hrs. That is not that much time to put in over 1 week. I just watched YouTube videos the entire time. It is pretty low effort.

I don’t think it’s 100 hours. I know it’s 40-50. The fact you don’t think there’s anything wrong with that kinda proves my point about it being similar to addictive behaviour. I wanna make it clear I’m not dragging you. It’s your choice and if that’s how you wanna spend your week and you’re lucky enough to not need to work full time then fair play to you. But anything that requires more time than a full time job, or more time than you spend asleep, better have a damn better result than a digital picture that has no other real life benefit is all I’m saying. 

1 minute ago, turpinator1986 said:

I don’t think it’s 100 hours. I know it’s 40-50. The fact you don’t think there’s anything wrong with that kinda proves my point about it being similar to addictive behaviour. I wanna make it clear I’m not dragging you. It’s your choice and if that’s how you wanna spend your week and you’re lucky enough to not need to work full time then fair play to you. But anything that requires more time than a full time job, or more time than you spend asleep, better have a damn better result than a digital picture that has no other real life benefit is all I’m saying. 

I take no offense everyone is different. I work from home so it's pretty easy to put 40+ hrs a week. I understand it's not easy for everyone.

I completely underestimated the extremity of people boosting for this. I definitely didn't use my time efficiently as I spent Monday and Tuesday getting the other online trophies, then the remainder of the week faffing about trying to get stats to save (backing out of warzone, trying different timed matches etc.) but still putting in 8 + hours a day using 2 ps3's.

I think i'm done for this week but afraid will only get worse. Call me a lightweight but i want my health for the time being.

8 minutes ago, sniksnack321 said:

What are y'all even doing on this thread anymore you got it move on with your Life stop scaring people into saying everyone will get 60k so you have to

I don't even have the game, but I'm paying attention because it's interesting. The trend is that the points needed is skyrocketing. I would absolutely get to 60k this week if I wanted it. 

• Like 1

I'll be ready to go for "Valor Grand Cross" in 8 days, but if the minimum score to be in the top 1% rises to 40k or more, I guess I'll have to pass on this one. 

If only the devs had informed us about the shutdown 12 months before decomissing the servers, many people would still keep their sanity. I want to keep my sanity, so I will only go for this madness if I'm sure I can secure a place probably in the top 15 as it seems only 20 gamers per week are able to earn the trophy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

So please, rise the minimum score over 40k so I can forget about this madness. 

It was already 46k last week. The reset was about an hour ago. There were like 15 more people at 40k who did not even make it. 

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

Ok then, i just get other online trophies in this game. Not a plat, but i can't competinion with people, who can spent 40-60hr per week on game. It's not a big deal, i mean, i am not judge this people, really, but i am personally dont have so much time.
And this another example for game developers - not include online trophy for a platinum (except pure online game, of course).

Edited by Vasilij_Kozlov

12 hours ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Btw, when is it supposed to sync and pop? Last week it was pretty fast for lower tier trophies. Can't wait to get me paws on this wee beastie.

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

It should unlock less than a minute after you've logged in, if it doesn't unlock by then, you should back out of Warzone and log back in, it took me a 2nd login to get the trophy. 

That's frightening because it still hasn't popped for me, no matter how many times I log out and come back in. I even ran the game under my profile first time on another console but only previously earned rank/ribbon trophies popped, still no Valor Grand Cross. Am I the only one here with this issue? What should I do if it won't pop with the next daily update?

3 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

That's frightening because it still hasn't popped for me, no matter how many times I log out and come back in. I even ran the game under my profile first time on another console but only previously earned rank/ribbon trophies popped, still no Valor Grand Cross. Am I the only one here with this issue? What should I do if it won't pop with the next daily update?

Are you viewing the leaderboard when you go on the game? Maybe finding your page on the leaderboard triggers the trophy. Otherwise, you will probably have to wait until tomorrow, but I don't recommend playing a match yet. Hopefully you don't have to do the whole thing again, you qualified so I can't imagine how it would feel going for the trophy again when it could not unlock for you. Last week, there weren't any people who had it glitch on them in a negative way, there is a guy who hacked it considering he didn't qualify and still got the trophy. 

8 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

I remember reading somewhere that the trophy might refuse to pop, which also added to my anxiety when I was going for the grind. The fact that the trophy is not popping for you on a fresh console based on your stats on the server does not bode well. Basically your only option might be to repeat the grind another week.

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Are you viewing the leaderboard when you go on the game? Maybe finding your page on the leaderboard triggers the trophy. Otherwise, you will probably have to wait until tomorrow, but I don't recommend playing a match yet. Hopefully you don't have to do the whole thing again, you qualified so I can't imagine how it would feel going for the trophy again when it could not unlock for you. Last week, there weren't any people who had it glitch on them in a negative way, there is a guy who hacked it considering he didn't qualify and still got the trophy. 

For me the valor trophies popped upon entering warzone. I believe there's a trigger that checks the server for what you have earned and then gives you the trophies. I believe this goes for the valor trophies, the trophies based on ribbons and probably the 50 wins and general rank ones too. The fact that it's not popping for him on a fresh console isn't too promising.

19 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

All-time leaderboard shows my rank as "NA", I wonder if it matters. Anyway, I'll be waiting for another update, not much I can do anyway:popcorn:

I'm still an NA rank on the all-time leaderboard, I think they stopped updating that part of the game. What you should view is the Last Week tab. However, it really should have unlocked by now, so you might just really be so unlucky that you have to do it all again, I hope for your sake that won't be the case. 

I'll be helping my friends with the grind this week (at least) and then we'll see. I hope my 'curse' won't spread. Then, maybe, with their help I could squeeze in one more grind in February. I'm not giving up just yet. There's still hope.

Edited by K0t0bl1tz

Having played the game ages ago and done every SP thing in the game I can say I didn't even bothered with the MP way back. Even now I'm not even gonna bother grinding a game for what wasting 7+hrs a day for a trophy/plat? Better games to play out there and my backlog isn't going to decrease itself.. Or is it because it's an ultra rare trophy? And as a working man I don't have  the time for it, nor do I want to work after working I mean this sounds more like work then anything else.Doesn't this pretty much defeats the actual purpose of playing an online shooter? Even with the shitty servers that don't even save stats, they should have killed the servers instantly if it's that bad.. Clearly lack of maintaining the servers from the devs/hosting company.  Also didn't they used to ban people who boosted or wiped their stats? I would have bother if people weren't boosting it and just playing normal but with the shitty servers and people boosting, yeah no thanks. Doesn't really require much skills if you've earned it this way and it's more like cheesing your way up.

• Like 2