Easier on Vita?

AvengedEvil

After playing both PS4 stacks I decided to do the Vita version as well. While playing the game I had the feeling that it's a lot easier on the Vita as on PS4, especially the Linear Mode. If I'm not completely wrong, there have been lesser blocks which made the last layers a lot easier.

Has anybode else the same feeling?

• Like 1

yes, it was definitely easier!

i made the mistake to do the vita version first and had perhaps one game over. so when i switched to the ps4 version, assuming it will be a walk in the park too, i was unpleasantly surprised, to say the least. it still wasn't hard or anything, but it took me quite a bit trial'n'error in the linear mode. I had to get lucky on some stages to get this red barrier at the bottom and the rapid-fire missles at the same time to clear everything quickly enough.

the blocks just come down WAY faster on the ps4. don't know if that's a bug or something. perhaps they linked the dropping speed of the blocks to the framerate or something. wouldn't be the first time in game development history :P

*edit*: lesser blocks may be true, too. didn't really notice that but it would make sense. most likely because of memory/performance constraints of the vita. we saw that in save the ninja clan, too ;)

Edited by dernop

4 minutes ago, dernop said:

yes, it was definitely easier!

i made the mistake to do the vita version first and had perhaps one game over. so when i switched to the ps4 version, assuming it will be a walk in the park too, i was unpleasantly surprised, to say the least. it still wasn't hard or anything, but it took me quite a bit trial'n'error in the linear mode. I had to get lucky on some stages to get this red barrier at the bottom and the rapid-fire missles at the same time to clear everything quickly enough.

the blocks just come down WAY faster on the ps4. don't know if that's a bug or something. perhaps they linked the dropping speed of the blocks to the framerate or something. wouldn't be the first time in game development history :P

*edit*: lesser blocks may be true, too. didn't really notice that but it would make sense. most likely because of memory/performance constraints of the vita. we saw that in save the ninja clan, too ;)

Looks Likes I Will Make The Same Mistake As You ?

Edited by dark69knight

37 minutes ago, dernop said:

it still wasn't hard or anything, but it took me quite a bit trial'n'error in the linear mode.

The first time I played Linear Mode on PS4 I got stuck in layer 22 like forever. Took me a lot of retries and a lot more of luck to finish it. On Vita I did it without even getting a game over.

38 minutes ago, dernop said:

the blocks just come down WAY faster on the ps4. don't know if that's a bug or something.

Now that you say it, they come down really a lot slower on Vita. This plus lesser blocks make this mode really a walk in the park. :D

45 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

The first time I played Linear Mode on PS4 I got stuck in layer 22 like forever. Took me a lot of retries and a lot more of luck to finish it. On Vita I did it without even getting a game over.

exactly! i already started having quite some problems in layer 17 of linear mode and got a bit annoyed/frustrated.

but i really think this was only because of going at it with the mindset that it's suuuper easy, like on the vita. if you approach a game like that, of course you get annoyed easily :P

if you do the ps4 version first, not expecting anything, you won't have too many problems, I guess. and doing the Vita version afterward will feel like a "free plat" ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Very easy on Vita, I had 40+ lives on linear and I´m not good at these kind of games.

Unfortunately it chrashed on level 23 Linaer so I had to restart, so it took me an extra hour.

I recommend to reset/close down the Vita after each mode is done, to avoid crashing.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I checked this thread out sooner..

I did it on vita and was surprised when I heard people saying they struggled with the end of linear mode because I could have sworn the blocks didn't even move .I thought it was because I had the game on easy and so I went onto the ps4 thinking it'd be a walk in the park I was sorely mistaken..

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...