FFXV Royal Edition

ThiophenSJ

My 3 favorite words in jrpg's.... New super bosses =D

It's kinda cool that they're doing this. It's essentially an "International Version" with the additions being an optional dlc instead of forced disc. As a fan of past international versions, this is great. Hopefully KH3 does something similar with their expanded edition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cold_Titan said:

Question: does the "Royal Edition pack" come with the season pass content or is it just the new bosses and extras from the Royal Edition?

It is with Episode Gladio, Prompto and Ignis, they said over there at rice digital, so the Season Pass literally doesn't make any sense right now.

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, dermarx said:

It is with Episode Gladio, Prompto and Ignis, they said over there at rice digital, so the Season Pass literally doesn't make any sense right now.

Wait so the update to the royal edition if you already have the game, gets you the dlcs too, not just the added content?

Cause then yeah, updates 20 bucks and season pass 25, that would be real stupid of them though unless they drop the season pass to like 10 or 15.

Yeah, Rice Digital posted in this link, you'll get every thing from the Season Pass for $20 (and anything else).

The above trailer details the features of the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, but if you want it in bullet-point form (who doesn’t?), then here you go:

o An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
o New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
o All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
o Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
o Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
o Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
o The critically acclaimed game – FINAL FANTASY XV

and they also say: 

Considering the Royal Edition has exclusive content outside of the current Season Pass, and is available for $20 as an upgrade, you have to consider what we’re really getting here. And it’s a struggle to really see the value for upgrading, especially when the Season Pass was already $25.

and finally:

The Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition launches 6th March 2018 for PS4 and Xbox One, and will cost around $50, or is available as a $20 upgrade. It’s also releasing on PC on the same date as a Windows Edition, but it’s unclear how the Royal Edition factors into that release at this time.

Edited by dermarx

12 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Wait so the update to the royal edition if you already have the game, gets you the dlcs too, not just the added content?

Cause then yeah, updates 20 bucks and season pass 25, that would be real stupid of them though unless they drop the season pass to like 10 or 15.

No, I can guarantee you won't get the existing dlc's. The 20 bucks will only get you all the new Royal Edition content. 

Haven't watched the video, but from the text I understood, that the DLCs are included in the Royal Edition as well as different Royal-exclusive content like new maps and what else
But besides the edition, there will be a royal pass which wil give base game owners the Royal content. So I think this 20$ Royal pass will only include what's new to the Royal edition. You would still need a season pass for the episodes, if you already own the base game.

Otherwise the prices of Season pass and royal pass wouldn't make sense to me, honestly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Haven't watched the video, but from the text I understood, that the DLCs are included in the Royal Edition as well as different Royal-exclusive content like new maps and what else
But besides the edition, there will be a royal pass which wil give base game owners the Royal content. So I think this 20$ Royal pass will only include what's new to the Royal edition. You would still need a season pass for the episodes, if you already own the base game.

Otherwise the prices of Season pass and royal pass wouldn't make sense to me, honestly.

8 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

The attached video specifically says "All Season Pass" content.

10 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

The attached video specifically says "All Season Pass" content.

Like i said, haven't seen the video and since I don't have any sound at my university I can't watch it right now.'I'm just wondering... If the Royal Pass includes all oyal Edition bonus content and all Episodes so far and is still priced at 20$, what is about the people that already own the Season Pass and just want the upgrade to Royal edition for the Royal-only content? Would they still have to pay full price for that? As that is the thing that specifically makes me wonder, if it really includes the episodes. Because that would be kinda unfair, wouldn't it?
Or am I misunderstanding something and the included Season Pass is for the upcoming dlcs, as those aren't included in the actual season pass afaik?

8 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Like i said, haven't seen the video and since I don't have any sound at my university I can't watch it right now.'I'm just wondering... If the Royal Pass includes all oyal Edition bonus content and all Episodes so far and is still priced at 20$, what is about the people that already own the Season Pass and just want the upgrade to Royal edition for the Royal-only content? Would they still have to pay full price for that? As that is the thing that specifically makes me wonder, if it really includes the episodes. Because that would be kinda unfair, wouldn't it?
Or am I misunderstanding something and the included Season Pass is for the upcoming dlcs, as those aren't included in the actual season pass afaik?

Yeah that's my question too. Everybody just says that the dlc is included with the royal edition or that they say it in the video. But nowhere did i see written that the "Royal pass" for people who already own the game (and maybe season pass) includes the all the paid dlc as well for the same price of 20$.

Edited by thekiffer21
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Thank you, this is the point I was trying to make. There's a clear distinction between the Royal Edition (the box the trailer advertises) and the Royal Pass (which is aimed at existing owners).

• Like 1

Cool for those that don't have the game at all yet, or didn't buy the DLC. 

For those of us that did buy the DLC (or some of it), I hope all the extras (the boat, Insomnia, superbosses) are added in an update to old players as well (be it free, or for a low price). 

Also hope for some extra trophies :) I didn't play Gladio and Comrades, so I won't ever have 100% anyway :P

Now I'm wondering, though: is this the extra content they said they'd add in 2018? Or is even more incoming? That poll where they asked what players wanted in a future DLC hasn't come to anything yet, has it? I just want to know when the experience will be complete, I can't delete FFXV from my PS4 screen until I know that (because if I did, and I had to re-download it, that would take HOURS UPON HOURS)

I actually saw this about 2 weeks and told a friend about it after I 100%ed FFXV.

I'm kind of excited/ annoyed.

Excited: FFXV is a damn good game and I wouldn't mind playing more of it.

Annoyed: The amount of dlc is absurd... This just further reinforces my opinion that I shouldn't buy games so soon after they're released( well i did buy it at the end of 2017 ad not even in 2015 when it was released and so it's kind of ther fault :P ) and i should wait till dev support completely ends .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Thank you, this is the point I was trying to make. There's a clear distinction between the Royal Edition (the box the trailer advertises) and the Royal Pass (which is aimed at existing owners).

Yeah seems to me the royal pass is just a fancy way of saying season pass 2. 

No way they include season pass 1 with that.

Edited by stupot00

Second Source:

Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition includes:

• An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
  • New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
  • Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
  • Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
  • All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
  • Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
  • The critically acclaimed game – Final Fantasy XV

Square Enix also announced that current owners of Final Fantasy XV will get to upgrade to the Final Fantasy XV: Royal Pack for $19.99.

So, yeah. Hard to belive (maybe ?) but SE screwed all the current season pass owner with the cheaper upgrade to the Royal Pack.

Edited by dermarx