FFXV Royal Edition

ThiophenSJ

People seem to be very confused in this thread about what content is included where (and/ or they don't read), so to make this clear:

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition is a new disc/ digital version of Final Fantasy XV for 49,99$ that includes all season pass dlc's (Episodes of Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis and Comrades) and all free content updates that came out up to this point (Regalia off-road, Mesuline quest, character swap). Furthermore several new extras will be added to the Royal Edition, like the explorable Insomnia, bosses and stuff.

The Royal Edition Pack will be an DLC for 19,99$ that all base-game users can buy. It includes all new extra stuff of the Royal Edition. It is not included in the current season pass and it does not include the previous DLC's.

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

People seem to be very confused in this thread about what content is included where (and/ or they don't read), so to make this clear:

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition is a new disc/ digital version of Final Fantasy XV that includes all season pass dlc's (Episodes of Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis and Comrades) and all free content updates that came out up to this point (Regalia off-road, Mesuline quest, character swap). Furthermore several new extras will be added to the Royal Edition, like the explorable Insomnia, bosses and stuff.

The Royal Edition Pack will be an DLC for 19,99$ that all base-game users can buy. It includes all new extra stuff of the Royal Edition. It is not included in the current season pass and it does not include the previous DLC's.

I think this should be all clear now.

okey, thanks for making it clear. 

There are some (german) news pages that are also stating you'll get the season pass content with the Royal Pack, so it is very confusing at the moment. :hmm:

Square sure likes to milk their Fans nowdays. Just for the Comletetion rate i will pay up since i dont like having non complete games but 20$ just for a few bosses and explorable area? I hope there no new trophies but since its FFXV im sure we will get some annoying ones.

11 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

So it's €20 to kill three new bosses and to sail around in a boat? Ridiculous. I really hope no new trophies are attached to this DLC.

No, please, watch the trailer and read the press releases and don't judge so quickly!

The Royal Pack for 20$ includes a new and bigger "Insomnia Ruins" dungeon, at least three new bosses (Cerberus, Omega, the old kings), a vast explorable sea region between Lucis and Altissia (most likely with many secrets of its own!) with a fully controllable royal boat, an upgraded armiger (which can be found in an "unidentified part of the world", maybe the sea?) and some side-stuff like additional cosmogony entries for more story and first-person mode. The new Insomnia segment also seems to include new story stuff with Cor and Kingsglaives.

It is up to you to decide if you think this is worth 20$, but at least get your facts straight what is included.

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

No, there has been no official statement about the second season pass by now, but it will be something different.

This is so ridiculous xD. What's next ? Super royal edition which includes the episodic dlcs + whatever is being released now? What the heck Square Enix? 

17 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

So it's €20 to kill three new bosses and to sail around in a boat? Ridiculous. I really hope no new trophies are attached to this DLC.

9 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

No, please, watch the trailer and read the press releases and don't judge so quickly!

The Royal Pack for 20$ includes a new and bigger "Insomnia Ruins" dungeon, at least three new bosses (Cerberus, Omega, the old kings), a vast explorable sea region between Lucis and Altissia (most likely with many secrets of its own!) with a fully controllable royal boat, an upgraded armiger (which can be found in an "unidentified part of the world", maybe the sea?) and some side-stuff like additional cosmogony entries for more story and first-person mode. The new Insomnia segment also seems to include new story stuff with Cor and Kingsglaives.

It is up to you to decide if you think this is worth 20$, but at least get your facts straight what is included.

It looks like he was pretty close to the truth. Your two posts are kind of the difference between my neighbor describing a car to me, and a car salesman describing the same car.

1 minute ago, PooPooBlast said:

This is so ridiculous xD. What's next ? Super royal edition which includes the episodic dlcs + whatever is being released now? What the heck Square Enix? 

LOL. 

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It looks like he was pretty close to the truth. Your two posts are kind of the difference between my neighbor describing a car to me, and a car salesman describing the same car.

Well obviously I don't think he was pretty close to truth, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to explain how much more there is. Unless a new dungeon, a new area and new story is irrelevant to you, then yes, there is no difference. Then however the whole game should be uninteresting for you.

Im sure zhis is a point which many can argue about since many people were not happy about the cut off stuff and how they sold it later as dlc. Personally i think that they want to get as much money as possible and they know that fans want the game to be completed but truth is that it never will. 20 bucks for content that was supposed to be in the main game is not a fair price and the new area isnt new, its finished and on disc from the start. The Game should finally rest in peace.

I bought the Deluxe Edition of this game on release, but it was clearly an unfinished game back then, so I decided to hold off playing it. Over a year later and there is no sign of the DLC/patches stopping anytime soon. Pretty ridiculous. I mean I can respect their commitment to improving the game over time, but it clearly should have spent much longer in development.

I think most DLC or season passes for games end up being way more expensive than their worth which is why I almost always wait for them to go on sale before buying them, and this 'Royal Edition Pack' for base game owners sounds no different. It definitely doesn't sound worth it for the content you're getting. It looks like I'll be holding off playing the game for another year while I wait for all the DLC to drop to a reasonable price. Hell, I'll probably have to wait even longer since they've said they want to release more DLC over the course of this year. Expect a season pass 2.0 in the near future! :facepalm:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

The Royal Edition of FFXV will release on March 6th and will include the base game, episode gladiolus, prompto and ignis and the comrades dlc.

Furthermore several news contents will be added, including an updated explorable Insomnia, new super bosses, a fully contrable royal boat and more.

All additions made to the royal edition will also be available for base game users as a "Royal Edition pack" for 19,99$.

Sweet! Since Secret of Mana PS4 is also coming out in March, I will also get the Royal Edition Pack for my base game. Can't wait for it to come out. :)

Just now, PooPooBlast said:

Oh! xD:facepalm:

Was just speaking my mind haha

Square's business tactics (and honestly, business "sense") drives me crazy. I still can't wrap my head around a $25 price tag for Romancing Saga 2.

My misery loves company, so I'm always happy to read another complaint about their business models.

Someday, I'd like to get this game. But as long as they keep releasing new content, I continue to play the waiting game.. Just bought 2 Final Fantasy games (FFXII and World) over the holidays, though, so I have no shortage of Final Fantasy in my life. :lol:

Edited by MetalGarurumon

So glad I haven't bought FF15 yet, even though I really want to play it.

Guess I'll have to wait one or two more years for the 'Complete Edition' and for a price drop/sale to 20€. That's why I never buy games on release. Just ridiculous with all the DLC (but that's what I thought since they started with DLCs).

• Like 1

I'm happy that  i waited to get FF XV when some sort of GOTY or definitive edition came out anc my hipotesis was right . I could have bought the base game physical for 15 -20€ but now i'm gonna get this Royal Edition instead .

On 16/01/2018 at 3:30 PM, Kurorac said:

So glad I haven't bought FF15 yet, even though I really want to play it.

Guess I'll have to wait one or two more years for the 'Complete Edition' and for a price drop/sale to 20€. That's why I never buy games on release. Just ridiculous with all the DLC (but that's what I thought since they started with DLCs).

So are saying that there's gonna be a complete edition coming out in the future ? If so , i might pass on this royal edition .