Abbey's Platinum Gems and Backlog!

Abbey97

13 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Good luck with all of your goals! Especially the KH games ;).

Thank you Kent! I'm super excited to finally dig into the Kingdom Hearts series, especially with the, hopeful, release of Kingdom Hearts 3 this year! :)

12 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

You were the reason I added LA Cops and Sheltered to my backlog. I swear I'll get to them at some point. 

Best of luck on all your gaming goals for the year. Let me know if you ever need a boosting/coop partner. 

Wow thank you! I didn't know that, how did I get you to buy them? :) 

Thank you! Best of luck with your plans and thanks, I will do if I need one! Same applies to you as well, feel free to message if you have a game that's on my list and that you need help with! :) 

Wow, that's one of the best checklists I've seen so far. It must've been a ton of work and taken you forever to create your post with all the different lists and images. That's very impressive and shows how much it means to you. :yay:

I enjoyed reading your thoughts to the games and their characters, because I like story-driven games with characters one can relate to the most as well. You have a lot of cool plans for this year, so fingers crossed you can achieve every single goal :) .

To recommend some games right away, (I hope that's okay) which I myself called gems before. Styx: Shards of Darkness. It's the sequel of Styx: Master of Shadows and similar to Dishonored, so I think you'd like it just as much. Speaking of, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider to complete the trilogy ;) .

Other games with emotional stories that are a must-have in my opinion: Heavy Rain, Life is Strange, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Yomawari: Night Alone and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows. The last two are very underrated, but truly worth the time.

2 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Wow, that's one of the best checklists I've seen so far. It must've been a ton of work and taken you forever to create your post with all the different lists and images. That's very impressive and shows how much it means to you. :yay:

I enjoyed reading your thoughts to the games and their characters, because I like story-driven games with characters one can relate to the most as well. You have a lot of cool plans for this year, so fingers crossed you can achieve every single goal :) .

To recommend some games right away, (I hope that's okay) which I myself called gems before. Styx: Shards of Darkness. It's the sequel of Styx: Master of Shadows and similar to Dishonored, so I think you'd like it just as much. Speaking of, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider to complete the trilogy ;) .

Other games with emotional stories that are a must-have in my opinion: Heavy Rain, Life is Strange, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Yomawari: Night Alone and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows. The last two are very underrated, but truly worth the time.

Wow thank you! :o That's lovely of you to say and it means a lot to me to have someone say that, so thank you! :D 

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed reading my little section about the type of games I like! :) Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Yeah, I'd love some recommendations and I'm always up for trying out new games! Oh yeah, I've heard about the sequel to Styx but it's a little pricey at the minute for me but a definite pick up when it goes on sale! You know, I nearly out Dishonored: Death of the Outsider on my Christmas list as well! :D I'm probably going to pick that up though in the summer so I can binge play it over the summer!

Thank you for all the recommendations! I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for those! :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Wow thank you! :o That's lovely of you to say and it means a lot to me to have someone say that, so thank you! :D 

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed reading my little section about the type of games I like! :) Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Yeah, I'd love some recommendations and I'm always up for trying out new games! Oh yeah, I've heard about the sequel to Styx but it's a little pricey at the minute for me but a definite pick up when it goes on sale! You know, I nearly out Dishonored: Death of the Outsider on my Christmas list as well! :D I'm probably going to pick that up though in the summer so I can binge play it over the summer!

Thank you for all the recommendations! I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for those! :) 

You're welcome :) . It's the least I can do (while trying to be more active) when someone like you puts that much effort into it. May it be with your checklist or running the Monthly Madness event.

Sounds like a good idea to binge play them later this year. I'm sure by the time you're done with some of the games, others that might interest you will be less expensive ;) .

I remember playing KH2 on the PS2, good times! glad they remastered everything for the PS4. i started KH2 this year but got distracted by other games, and various new releases (in my mind new releases come first). The Witcher 3 is my favorite game, the platinum or 100% (whichever you're going for, both DLCs are really good) isn't hard, just time consuming. Shadow of Mordor was fun, you would probably like Shadow of War even better, those were fun platinums. I was in a horror mood recently, with The Evil Within 1 and 2. now im in a Bioshock type of mood, that'll probably be my next games (The Bioshock Collection). I plan on getting a platinum soon for Dishonored 1. also i dont like multiplayer trophies so it was a good year for Single Player games, and it looks to continue in 2018. wish you the best of luck on your journey!

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Looking good, Abbs. You might reach platinum 100 before me, at the rate I'm going.

Also, Harvest Moon buddies FTW.

Thank you Cassy! I doubt it :(! Most of the games I have are pretty long ones. But we shall see ;).

Oh yeah, Harvest Moon buddies! :shakefist:

10 hours ago, Rockstar said:

I remember playing KH2 on the PS2, good times! glad they remastered everything for the PS4. i started KH2 this year but got distracted by other games, and various new releases (in my mind new releases come first). The Witcher 3 is my favorite game, the platinum or 100% (whichever you're going for, both DLCs are really good) isn't hard, just time consuming. Shadow of Mordor was fun, you would probably like Shadow of War even better, those were fun platinums. I was in a horror mood recently, with The Evil Within 1 and 2. now im in a Bioshock type of mood, that'll probably be my next games (The Bioshock Collection). I plan on getting a platinum soon for Dishonored 1. also i dont like multiplayer trophies so it was a good year for Single Player games, and it looks to continue in 2018. wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Me too! I loved playing through KH2 on the PS2, although, I'll say that I've never actually finished KH2 :(! But I've got it on PS4 now and I'd say I'm a lot better at games now than back then, so I think I'll do better this time! :) The Witcher 3 is brilliant but I can only ever get so far in it before I can't get any further or I get stuck, but again, I'm going back to that soon and I have the physical guide so that should help me in my quest for that platinum! I did play some of Shadow of Mordor but I just couldn't really get into it very much and I don't know why. I'll give it another go, but I'm not hoping for much. I never finished The Evil Within either (I sound really bad with my games haha) but again, I didn't really have anough time to sink into it but I'm definitely giving it another go soon! :) I've never played Bioshock so I'm looking forward to starting that one as well and Dishonored is a brilliant set of game to play through! I loved playing those! :) 

Thank you for you kind words! And best of luck to you as well with your plans for your gaming! :D 

10 hours ago, killer91ITA said:

Nice cabinet and backlog. @RizzleAbbey12 for lbp on vita you can buy marvel super heroes edition cartridge. 

Thank you! :) And oh I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know! :) 

Nice post, good luck with all your gaming challenges this new year. Much like yourself I only started trophy hunting a couple of years ago and have mostly been building up a backlog since then. You're doing much better I'd say with actually completing games :P

Looking at your lists and reading what you say about how you like to connect with your game characters then I am surprised not to see Journey in any of your lists. I would definitely recommend that one to you for sure. It's on sale all the time so you could no doubt pick it up for a couple of bucks some time soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Nice post, good luck with all your gaming challenges this new year. Much like yourself I only started trophy hunting a couple of years ago and have mostly been building up a backlog since then. You're doing much better I'd say with actually completing games :P

Looking at your lists and reading what you say about how you like to connect with your game characters then I am surprised not to see Journey in any of your lists. I would definitely recommend that one to you for sure. It's on sale all the time so you could no doubt pick it up for a couple of bucks some time soon.

Thank you! :) Here's to beginners plats then! :shakefist: Would you say that I'm better at completing games, I wouldn't haha! :P 

Yeah, I've got Journey, but it's in my PS+ library so I've never really gotten around to playing it due to the fact that I don't really get PS+ very often and when I do, I just forget haha! :D 

8 hours ago, Feral said:

Cool checklist, you've got some wicked plats :)

Also your backlog is mental lol. Good luck with it.

Thank you! :) & I know haha! It's going to take me a while to get it down :D 

• Like 1

Abbey, great post and love your list of games and the progress.  I hope you reach your goals in 2018 and am interested in watching your progress.  

The only way I make any progress on the DLC for ESO is when I buy the monthly sub to access the craft bag and all the good stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, MB_27_Beach said:

Abbey, great post and love your list of games and the progress.  I hope you reach your goals in 2018 and am interested in watching your progress.  

The only way I make any progress on the DLC for ESO is when I buy the monthly sub to access the craft bag and all the good stuff.

Thank you for reading and wishing me luck, MB! :D 

I've not really looked into the DLC for ESO yet, and even if I don't plan on platting it (pretty impossible :D), I'd like to get as many trophies as I can in it. Even to just experience the best parts of it really :). Is it the monthly subscription that I need to buy or do I need to buy the DLC on it's own?

Abbey, monthly subscription is $15 US/month.  With that you get an unlimited craft bag (good for us sorcerers), double your existing bank space and all of the DLC.  Which means when I pay the sub, I'm only playing ESO for that month. ?

I get the monthly sub every 4 months or so.  I still try to log on daily to "feed the horse" and progress on research traits so that I can make the more advanced weapons/armor.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MB_27_Beach said:

Abbey, monthly subscription is $15 US/month.  With that you get an unlimited craft bag (good for us sorcerers), double your existing bank space and all of the DLC.  Which means when I pay the sub, I'm only playing ESO for that month. 1f600.png

I get the monthly sub every 4 months or so.  I still try to log on daily to "feed the horse" and progress on research traits so that I can make the more advanced weapons/armor.

Ah, thank you! I don't blame you for play it for a month at that price haha :D

All this talk is making me really have a fancying for playing on ESO now! :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Ah, thank you! I don't blame you for play it for a month at that price haha :D

All this talk is making me really have a fancying for playing on ESO now! :P 

I looked at the game this morning (takes 5 minutes to load), sheesh !

Fed the horses, did a dark anchor, then decided to keep working on Monthly Madness before getting sucked into the game!  Beautiful game, though.  A time sink - I lose track of time in this one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MB_27_Beach said:

I looked at the game this morning (takes 5 minutes to load), sheesh !

Fed the horses, did a dark anchor, then decided to keep working on Monthly Madness before getting sucked into the game!  Beautiful game, though.  A time sink - I lose track of time in this one.

I remember when I had to reinstall it as it took three days to install :facepalm: 

Good job for working on Monthly Madness first ;)! Just kidding! Your right there, it is a massive time sink. I remember the last time I played on it, I think I played on it for a whole month or around that point haha!

7 hours ago, Feral said:

Lol, 10 year plan of gaming. But at least you've always got something to play. Deciding is the real hard part.

6 hours ago, Rockstar said:

the real challenge will come when new games start releasing. 

That's always the hardest part and it always takes me at least 4 days to decide what to play which is wasting valuable gaming time! :D 

There are a TON of new games coming out this year that I'd really like to get so the backlog shall indeed get bigger! Especially now I've got a Switch and my Xbox One back again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

That's always the hardest part and it always takes me at least 4 days to decide what to play which is wasting valuable gaming time! :D 

There are a TON of new games coming out this year that I'd really like to get so the backlog shall indeed get bigger! Especially now I've got a Switch and my Xbox One back again!

i too have an xbox one, i recently came over to playstation. my xbox was gonna be my multiplayer console only but.. i realized how much time multiplayer games were consuming so i stopped altogether to focus mainly on Single Player games. i have no regrets. there's alot of good SP games. i wouldnt have been able to play as many if i was focused so much on MP games. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rockstar said:

i too have an xbox one, i recently came over to playstation. my xbox was gonna be my multiplayer console only but.. i realized how much time multiplayer games were consuming so i stopped altogether to focus mainly on Single Player games. i have no regrets. there's alot of good SP games. i wouldnt have been able to play as many if i was focused so much on MP games. 

I'm exactly the same as I to get too addicted to multiplayer games as I always want to get the better weapons or defeat a boss etc. Which is great and all but I much prefer single player games as you can just dive straight into them without worrying about what other people are doing, and they don't take up as much of your time! :)