A Noobie in Need of Help Here

Trugo314

The game was free obviously and I've never played a Deus Ex game before. Some questions I hope can be answered: Why does my energy meter lose its max value a lot? I don't notice it go down but I just notice sometimes that its super low. So it just stays that way until I use the biocell things? Okay so you get briefed on not overclocking your system by shutting down other augs. It says permanent so, these are gone forever? And do I get upgrades later because I can only use 2 augs right now. Finally, if you get spotted are you supposed to be screwed? I've played a ton of Metal Gear and when I'm spotted I can get away. Here, as soon as I'm spotted I'm getting fired upon by every angle and I don't have any safe place to go. Thanks in advance, I wanna like this game but I am just terrible at the moment. 

- Your energy meter will go down when you use your augmentations or do a takedown. You can only replenish it by using biocells.

- Augs which are shut down stay in that state, but there is a specific side mission (given by your doctor) that, if completed, will allow you to use all your augs freely.

- You can get and upgrade augs by using praxis points which you get by getting XP, buying them (only specific merchants sell them) or finding them in the game world.

- Theoretically, you don't supposed to get screwed when you are spotted. The game allows you to play it how you want. If you are spotted then either try to escape or fight, but I admit it can be difficult. The only tip I have for you regarding this is to try to get as much praxis points so you can get augs that will help you to sneak, run or fight easily. Also, remember to heal yourself while fighting because the health meter go down really fast.

My advice, aside from what was already provided, is to unlock the Magpie ability. It's under your eye augments and takes three praxis kits I believe (two to unlock seeing through walls and another to unlock Magpie). When activated, it highlights objects of interest, like vents, so you can find alternate paths to take.

15 hours ago, TheDarkBlade9 said:

- Your energy meter will go down when you use your augmentations or do a takedown. You can only replenish it by using biocells.

- Augs which are shut down stay in that state, but there is a specific side mission (given by your doctor) that, if completed, will allow you to use all your augs freely.

- You can get and upgrade augs by using praxis points which you get by getting XP, buying them (only specific merchants sell them) or finding them in the game world.

- Theoretically, you don't supposed to get screwed when you are spotted. The game allows you to play it how you want. If you are spotted then either try to escape or fight, but I admit it can be difficult. The only tip I have for you regarding this is to try to get as much praxis points so you can get augs that will help you to sneak, run or fight easily. Also, remember to heal yourself while fighting because the health meter go down really fast.

12 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

My advice, aside from what was already provided, is to unlock the Magpie ability. It's under your eye augments and takes three praxis kits I believe (two to unlock seeing through walls and another to unlock Magpie). When activated, it highlights objects of interest, like vents, so you can find alternate paths to take.

Alright thanks a lot! So I'm guessing instead of trying to take out every enemy via takedowns I should leave a lot of them standing to conserve energy. 

You will never lose all of your energy, but you will drain energy quickly if you spend a lot of time cloaked or using the silent running augmentation. Also, when cloaked, the meter drains faster if you're moving than if you're standing still. However, your energy will recharge, enough for you to do a single takedown (or a double, if you have that unlocked and catch two enemies close to each other). If you don't have energy at the moment, wait in cover until it recharges enough. You can also use biocells to recharge more than just the minimum.

Keep in mind that if you're playing through for the no alarms and no kills trophies, conflict avoidance is a good idea in some situations. There are almost always multiple paths to reach the place you're trying to get: air vents, rooftops, sewers, etc. If you do have to take out a guard, make sure to hide the body in a spot where the unconcious enemy won't be discovered, but also where they won't die (i.e., don't drop an unconscious body in water because you'll end up with a kill). Air vents work best for that purpose.

Deus Ex games have a steep learning curve, but they can be learned, and it's worth sticking with it. Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are two of my favorite games, and once you get used to it, I think you'll enjoy it if you liked the stealth in Metal Gear games.