Modnation Racers Roadtrip: Adhoc Races... :@

Rubieno

Hi all, I was wondering if there were any other people around here who think they shouldn't have included trophies for adhoc races... I have no1 in my neighborhood who has the game :( I'm stuck at 97%...

Ruben

post-4271-0-13602500-1363427357_thumb.png

Edited by Rubieno

• 6 months later...

Yes they are good in theory. It should encourage you to get your friend to get the game so the two of you can battle it out and such...but in reality that never happened. Nintendo can get away with this, Sony fans want to play online.

I got lucky as I had a lot of friends at EB games so I just stopped by one day and they played one of the used copies and I got my trophy that way. If you know anyone who works at a game store you can try that.

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that there was an Ad-Hoc Party function somewhere on the PS3 that would enable you to do these trophies over PSN with for the likes of Soul Sacrifice etc maybe you could look into that?

Read on another site that it does not work

First Little Deviants now this f*ing game, ruining 100%ers dreams :angry:

Never buying a memory card with a free game again!!

Soul Sacrifice doesn't have Ad-Hoc trophies, it have online trophies, that can be done online or in Ad-Hoc (but playing Solo).

Ad Hoc trophies can't be done online, and need to be done in person.

I have this (also got it free with a memory card) and Street Fighter x Tekken (free from PSN+), I started ModNations because I know some persons on here that aren't to far from me, so someday we will do that trophy, but didn't started SFxT just because I don't know anyone close with the game.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

• 2 months later...

ressurecting this thread - I'm going to try adhoc party app to see if this works if anyone is interested !

also - why get a vita then play adhoc ? lazy devs

I'd be very interested to know if you got this to work. I just found out about the Ad Hoc Party app today and have downloaded it but don't want to start up any ad hoc games until I know for sure that it works.

Dont think anything but two vitas will work. This game is easy to get everything in but the ADhoc so i have even been trying to get a friend to download this game (He would get it free with plus) if i buy bioshock 2.

I seriously cannot believe that people are put off so heavly by the ADhoc but its understandable as it require no skill. Hopefully my friend gets the game so i can plat it as i love modnation (Well the PS3 one as this sucks quite bad with little extra feaures added but the neat burnout feature) and he can see how truely desperate i am from this comment alone, otherwise i dont think getting this game was even worth it.

otherwise i dont think getting this game was even worth it.

It is a really fun Kart racer you got for free, how is that not worth it? Seriously I had a blast playing/platting the game and I had to do it 3 times (because my saves corrupted thanks to stupid customers taking the game out of the Vita without shutting down the game >O<)

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to do ad hoc with someone, how far can they be from you? Do they need to be in the same room as you or can they be a few km away?

Same house, you'd think. It's like LAN I'm pretty sure... Playing on the same Network.

Yep this trophy is preventing me from the platinum too.

Does anybody know whether this will work: I have a mate with a vita, but not with Modnation. If i download it onto my spare vita card and let him borrow it, will he be able to use it just to play adhoc against me or will it screw up our PS accounts??

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a friend who has a vita but he doesn't have modnation. Since I got it from the PS store, I tried putting his memory stick in my vita but it rejected, saying that the memory stick belongs to him, not me, and if I want to use it, I'll have to delete all the data. I'm planning to make him back up his data in his PC, give it to me, get myself the ad-hoc trophy, and give it back to him, and put the data back again. Will this method work?