SeaTK 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Just 2 more days to earn and sync before the first monthly update.

So everyone is aware, I will probably do the January updates the morning of Feb 1 Central time, so it should give everyone ample time to sync up. We will also have our first overall trophy hunter. Improved trophy hunter won't happen until the February update, since this is the first month's stats, and we have no comparison to go off of.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Improved trophy hunter won't happen until the February update, since this is the first month's stats, and we have no comparison to go off of.

Hmm, too bad. Just when I improved so much this month :|.

H1tVhMI.png

kiL5XbQ.png

27 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Damm, zajac stole my pink name.. :(

:( I know. The reason is the color is associated with the placement based on overall trophies, but if it's easier to associate color with a person, we can do that. The tables you currently see on the Google Docs aren't official until I do the updates on Feb 1 and post them on the OP. So they are subject to change.

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

I'd love to join too!

Awesome! I'll squeeze you in as part of the Thursday update.

Tables are updated, and it includes the new entrants. We had enough for two tiers, and if we get even more, we may be able to add a 3rd one. We had some people leapfrog others. The most significant move was stupid0089 leapfrogging a few people in several categories, so he wins Most Improved. That will be based on standings each month. Please check the Stats on Google Docs for the most up to date statistics.

MrUnknown625 won the most trophies by far, with nearly 300 trophies, and that was only the few short weeks this has been going.

The next update will be March 1. So anyone who joins between now and then will be part of that update.

If you guys want to see more, like most platinums in a month, most ultra rare trophies, etc. please suggest so in here, and I will add it to the list. Also, if you all want to see some sort of tournament like what Conn used to do, also suggest it, and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@ShogunCroCop with the tables, are there certain people per table or is it just a mix based on the specific column headings?

@Psy-Tychist, everything is ordered according to the statistics from #1-#24, for each column heading, and then The Top 12 are put in one tier, and the bottom 12 in another. On the stats page, we see how each grouping is in two columns. That helps me generate the tables easier.

Some people appear in both tiers, which means they are better at some categories than others. I, for instance, am not that good of a trophy hunter compared to the rest of you, so that's why I am scraping the bottom.

The ultimate goal is to be in the upper tier, as close to first as possible. It also shows how you compare with your compatriots in various categories.

Hope this helps explain it better.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

@Psy-Tychist, also in the original iteration of this, over the course of a month, there would be a so-called "1v1 rivalry" where participants would go one on one vs each other for the month, and winners would be announced. For an example of that, check out some of the comments around July-Aug 2015 in the original thread.

I want to incorporate that, but to be honest, I am not sure how the matchups were set. So I am open to ideas. I wanted to get the basic framework together, and then have it get better as we go, since this is a continuously running competition.

@ShogunCroCop, I can imagine that you can choose a topic and challenge someone which then occurs in the next month with the winners being announced in the monthly update.

Maybe each month a challenge can be set which can be added for that month only. I had some silly ones in my head, but that depends on whether you want serious or wacky.

Maybe a round robin tournament with a set goal for each round to challenge trophy hunting?

I get the impression that some of the columns won't change much at the top (Total Trophies, PSN Level, Platinums) but from 6th place and downwards there maybe some changes.