SeaTK 2.0

8 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@ShogunCroCop, I can imagine that you can choose a topic and challenge someone which then occurs in the next month with the winners being announced in the monthly update.

Maybe each month a challenge can be set which can be added for that month only. I had some silly ones in my head, but that depends on whether you want serious or wacky.

Maybe a round robin tournament with a set goal for each round to challenge trophy hunting?

I get the impression that some of the columns won't change much at the top (Total Trophies, PSN Level, Platinums) but from 6th place and downwards there maybe some changes.

I like it. I am up for serious and wacky both. And the round robin is a good idea too. I want to hear more.

I dug deeper into the comments from the original thread, and it appears Con set the rivalries based on categories he alone knew...so for instance, 2 people might go one on one and they would get points for total plats, or UR trophies, but since only Con knew what was what, it kept the suspense up and kept everyone involved earning trophies of all kinds since they weren't aware of what they were going for.

And then of course, natural rivalries formed based on people wanting to gain higher rankings in some categories, and challenging others to certain things (I think I remember seeing a challenge to plat Disgaea as I was going through the comments).

I am fine with whatever. I don't want to necessarily copy everything of what Con did, but I did want to keep this going and keep it just as enjoyable as the first iteration. And he didn't even get the rivalries going right away, so we can let this month just be for fun while we come up with ideas, and implement the rivalries for March.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Some thoughts bouncing around my head:

• Trophies based around concepts ('Fruit', 'Betrayal', 'Cussing')
  • A little skit from you like 'Funniest trophy earned' or 'WTF is this game' just for something different
  • Round Robin is split up based like a traditional sports tournament with rankings for each competitor (arbitrary I know)
  • Each person faces someone else each week if they progress with the 'Challenge' issued at the beginning of each round until a victor is crowned.

Some more will pop up somewhere, but yeah...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Tables are updated, and it includes the new entrants. We had enough for two tiers, and if we get even more, we may be able to add a 3rd one. We had some people leapfrog others. The most significant move was stupid0089 leapfrogging a few people in several categories, so he wins Most Improved. That will be based on standings each month. Please check the Stats on Google Docs for the most up to date statistics.

MrUnknown625 won the most trophies by far, with nearly 300 trophies, and that was only the few short weeks this has been going.

The next update will be March 1. So anyone who joins between now and then will be part of that update.

If you guys want to see more, like most platinums in a month, most ultra rare trophies, etc. please suggest so in here, and I will add it to the list. Also, if you all want to see some sort of tournament like what Conn used to do, also suggest it, and I'll see what I can do.

Who would have guessed I would get Most Improved on this first update!!  Thanks for starting this up again @ShogunCroCop!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Some thoughts bouncing around my head:

• Trophies based around concepts ('Fruit', 'Betrayal', 'Cussing')
  • A little skit from you like 'Funniest trophy earned' or 'WTF is this game' just for something different
  • Round Robin is split up based like a traditional sports tournament with rankings for each competitor (arbitrary I know)
  • Each person faces someone else each week if they progress with the 'Challenge' issued at the beginning of each round until a victor is crowned.

Some more will pop up somewhere, but yeah...

Nice thoughts. To give it the SeaTK twist, maybe we could have a 1v1 for most plats in games with fruits, or UR trophies round-robin style. One thing as I continued reading the comments was there was a particular theme centered around plats, total trophies, UR, etc...sometimes all were implemented.

Let me kick some things around and maybe I'll come up with a rivalry list tomorrow. Yes, it'll mean we lost a day, but I'd rather lose a day than a month.

Also, one thing that was originally implemented that I like is inactives being booted. If after 2 months, there isn't enough participation via this thread or via the rivalry matchups with certain people, to the point where they can be considered "inactive," I boot them, much like Con did. Because these updates are a lot of work.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

First matchups are here!

Stevieboy v wolverine123

Jesaya815 v Kent 10201

FilmFanatic v MrUnknown625

Myu v Arctic Cress

stupid0089 v HCG Clawz

willmill97 v soultaker655
Psy-Tychist v man_with_wdjat

Lucas v ladynadiad
zajac9999 v Vanilla
ShogunCroCop v Wdog-999

MStalker58 v xZoneHunter
Terra v AvengedEvil

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Well if this months challenge between myself and @MrUnknown625 is related to Tales Of Symphonia then I’m all in as I’ll be starting that tomorrow and I’m thinking it’ll take me about 5 weeks to plat if nothing goes wrong. If not then I should probably graciously admit defeat now :P.

Same here :P . Except that it has to be related to Persona 5 for me and I'm not starting it but hoping to finally finish it this month :lol: .

10 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Can someone explain how these rivalry matchups work? What's the points system or goal we're working towards? 

I’m thinking it’s either up to the participants in the rivalry to decide what the challenge/goal is or @ShogunCroCop chooses a challenge for a month that everyone works towards to beat their rival.

22 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Can someone explain how these rivalry matchups work? What's the points system or goal we're working towards? 

Themes for this month are different for each matchup. 3 matchups are going for total trophies, 3 for UR plats, 3 for UR trophies, and 3 for Total plats.

It is all in the OP. If you want to make it interesting with other challenges for this month, like Tales of Symphonia, be my guest. For March, it'll be a different rival, and a different theme.

14 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m thinking it’s either up to the participants in the rivalry to decide what the challenge/goal is or @ShogunCroCop chooses a challenge for a month that everyone works towards to beat their rival.

This exactly.

And since this is just kicking off, I'll decide the theme for this month. Next month, y'all can decide it based on your matchup.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Oh man, matchup for UR plats when all my games I'm working on for February are not UR plats.  On my list for playing and hopefully platting this month are an uncommon, a rare and two very rares.  Maybe as a suggestion if neither of us end up getting a UR plat we could have the competition be to see which of us can get the rarest plat then?

31 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Oh man, matchup for UR plats when all my games I'm working on for February are not UR plats.  On my list for playing and hopefully platting this month are an uncommon, a rare and two very rares.  Maybe as a suggestion if neither of us end up getting a UR plat we could have the competition be to see which of us can get the rarest plat then?

Sounds good. If that’s what you want it to be, that’s what it’ll be.

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Well if this months challenge between myself and @MrUnknown625 is related to Tales Of Symphonia then I’m all in as I’ll be starting that tomorrow and I’m thinking it’ll take me about 5 weeks to plat if nothing goes wrong. If not then I should probably graciously admit defeat now :P.

Check with @MrUnknown625 and if he is ok doing a Tales of Symphonia challenge, then go for that instead.

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Sounds good. If that’s what you want it to be, that’s what it’ll be.

Yeah I think it will work well.  Both of us don't seem to seriously hunt UR plats but I bet we'll both get a plat or two this month and looks like we're both hunting for a very rare one right now.

9 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

Sees UR plat matchup

Well, I am just fucked if Shogun takes this seriously, aren't I? UR plats are not exactly a focus of mine. :P

Same here. Want to just see who can get the most trophies from games with fruit? I say this because I am anticipating playing a lot of Crash Bandicoot this month. As long as I can get past Native Fortress. ?

Also, to everyone, I think I found a way to make this work. This month is the trial run, so please be patient as tweaks are made. Here is my idea: you can decide your own rivalry theme with your opponent each month. It can be serious, wacky, etc. If no theme is decided, then your rivalry will fall into one of the 4 defaults: total trophies, total plats, UR plats, UR trophies.

So for those who have already chosen a theme, I’ll update the OP later today. The rest will stay under the default themes unless otherwise decided. And so that going forward this doesn’t happen last minute, I’ll reveal the March rivalry matchups a week before March starts so themes can be decided. Table updates and rivalry scores will still happen at the end of the month though.

17 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah I think it will work well.  Both of us don't seem to seriously hunt UR plats but I bet we'll both get a plat or two this month and looks like we're both hunting for a very rare one right now.

You still have more UR trophies or Plats than I do...

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You still have more UR trophies or Plats than I do...

Yeah, more by coincidence though.  I have a Vita and happened to start a few games that ended up having UR plats and am better about finishing Vita games.  The only stats of mine that I purposely am working to improve are completion and reducing unearned trophies.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, FilmFanatic said:

If you plat Symphonia I am pretty sure you will beat me....I don't think Cyberdimension rarity will drop below 5%

25 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

If you plat Symphonia I am pretty sure you will beat me....I don't think Cyberdimension rarity will drop below 5%

If I could plat Symphonia by the end of the month I’d be over the moon lol but I know that won’t happen. Should be able to get some of the UR trophies though.

• Like 1