SeaTK 2.0

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Thank you for the positive reinforcement, I still feel that getting my first UR plat will be incredibly challenging to do in one month.

To add to other people's recs, I'd recommend Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Mind 0, Vita versions for both.  Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is a turn based SRPG and actually a really neat concept and pretty fun.  Mind 0 is a dungeon crawler and actually not hard for a UR plat.  Both are pretty doable in a month.  Mind 0 is probably the easier of the two.

If you're good at action RPGs, the Vita version of Ys Origin has an ultra rare plat with a very low rarity as well (it's my rarest plat in fact) and actually isn't too bad to finish.  This one does require a bit of skill though, but it is skill that can be learned through patience and persistence.  It's rarity is very low mostly because it requires 6 playthroughs minimum to plat and three of those have to be on nightmare difficulty.

My other UR plat is Sorcery Saga, and yeah that one isn't too bad, but it is insanely grindy and kind of tedious.  My last UR plat, I'd really not recommend because you need a lot of luck for the plat, and it won't stay consistently at UR as well.

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

To add to other people's recs, I'd recommend Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Mind 0, Vita versions for both.  Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is a turn based SRPG and actually a really neat concept and pretty fun.  Mind 0 is a dungeon crawler and actually not hard for a UR plat.  Both are pretty doable in a month.  Mind 0 is probably the easier of the two.

If you're good at action RPGs, the Vita version of Ys Origin has an ultra rare plat with a very low rarity as well (it's my rarest plat in fact) and actually isn't too bad to finish.  This one does require a bit of skill though, but it is skill that can be learned through patience and persistence.  It's rarity is very low mostly because it requires 6 playthroughs minimum to plat and three of those have to be on nightmare difficulty.

My other UR plat is Sorcery Saga, and yeah that one isn't too bad, but it is insanely grindy and kind of tedious.  My last UR plat, I'd really not recommend because you need a lot of luck for the plat, and it won't stay consistently at UR as well.

I platted Mind=Zero and I hated every minute I put into it. The story is okay but each battle takes forever and the end in more than meh. :P 

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is still in my backlog and will remain there for a while. This could have been titled "RNG : the game". I still don't understand how to locate ghosts and I usually spend ten minutes running everywhere on the map until I find one. I wouldn't recommend this one either. :P 

But I love to see that different people have different experiences with games :) 

Edited by Myu

3 hours ago, Myu said:

I platted Mind=Zero and I hated every minute I put into it. The story is okay but each battle takes forever and the end in more than meh. :P 

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is still in my backlog and will remain there for a while. This could have been titled "RNG : the game". I still don't understand how to locate ghosts and I usually spend ten minutes running everywhere on the map until I find one. I wouldn't recommend this one either. :P

One of your party members in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters has an ability to locate ghosts when he doesn't attack.  Once you have him, locating ghosts is a breeze and you get him in like chapter 4 and can teach the skill to other party members.  You also can make use of traps to get clues and after a time the cat will come and help too.  They also tend to start at the same spot and have a particular pattern of movement. they prefer until they get close  It's one of those sorts of games that has a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's easy and pretty fun.  I had the same issues you did and put the game down for a long time, but once i went back and got the hang of battles, it was a lot more fun.  The steep learning curve at the beginning is the main reason why it's a UR plat.

And to be honest, I'd say what you say about Mind 0 about Sorcery Saga.  Hated every moment of that game and it's way more grindy than Mind 0.  Turn based RPGs can get boring for random battles a lot and the main drawback Mind 0 has is that bosses aren't all that much more exciting.  However, one thing I'll give the game is that it acknowledges that the battles can get a bit repetitive and has an auto-battle option.  Set that, and do something else while the battles run.  I played that one while at work during downtimes at work, so it was way more bearable that way.

Rivalry matchups and themes for March:

Custom Themes

Completed games:
ShogunCroCop v ladynadiad

Most RPG plats:
Myu v Kent10201

Most rare or better trophies:
AvengedEvil v wolverine123

Rarest trophy for March:
Jesaya815 v Lucas

It's not most RPG plats but most RPG trophies :) 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Rivalry table will be up in a bit. There are some changes to the Tier tables, as some things got shuffled around, mainly completion percentage. Those will also be updated soon. As for the February standouts, wolverine123 acquired over 600 trophies in February, and either caught or surpassed others in 4 different categories, MrUnknown625 will probably always win Most Trophies every month, as he continues to be beast mode.

Most Improved: wolverine123

Most Trophies: MrUnknown625

Mrunknown got 583 trophies in February. Im am the one who got over 600 trophies though with 653 :P

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Myu said:

Little mid-month update here : I currently have 35 trophies related to RPG games. Exist Archive is definitely not very friendly trophy-wise :D 

Yeah, it so isn't.  Only got 3 myself in my 5 days playing it.  If you play it longer though, it looks like it's much more doable to get some more.   I so should have suggested RPG trophies myself since Blue Reflection ended up being so easy, but it also was a nice shiny 100% for my own competition.

Update for me, I'm at 3 completed games and likely will finish at least a 4th.

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Update for me, I'm at 3 completed games and likely will finish at least a 4th.

I completed 2 games in 4 days this month, and then slowed way down. I am likely going to finish a 3rd, no guarantees on a 4th. But my goal for the month was 4, so we may tie.

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Congrats!  Looks like it was a good choice for 100 too.

@ShogunCroCop -  Well, looks like I'm currently in the lead with 5 completed games.  Good luck to you if you are trying to tie or win!

I am trying to win but I don't think it'll happen. So nicely done.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Here are the rivalry matchups for April.

You have until Sunday April 1 to decide your theme, otherwise you will be dropped into one of the 4 defaults.

Next week I'll be updating tables and counting rivalry scores for March. Hope you all have been doing well.

ShogunCroCop v xZoneHunter
MrUnknown v Wdog-999
HCG Clawz v wolverine123
stupid0089 v soultaker655
Arctic Cress v man_with_wdjat
FilmFanatic v zajac9999
Psy-Tychist v MStalker58
Stevieboy v Jesaya
Vanilla v willmill97
Terra v Lucas
ladynadiad v Myu
Kent10201 v AvengedEvil

23 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

ladynadiad v Myu

Awesome!

@ladynadiad Any preferences? I'm going to be hospitalized for a week in April and after that, I'm going to recover at my parents' (and enjoy my mother's home cooked meals) for two weeks so I'm won't be able to play on my PS4 and PS3. I can only bring my Vita with me. 

9 hours ago, Myu said:

Awesome!

@ladynadiad Any preferences? I'm going to be hospitalized for a week in April and after that, I'm going to recover at my parents' (and enjoy my mother's home cooked meals) for two weeks so I'm won't be able to play on my PS4 and PS3. I can only bring my Vita with me. 

Something Vita related would be okay with me too since I can play it at work on breaks and lunch and will be chipping away at Exist Archive and Tokyo Xanadu.  Or maybe something related to gaining trophies from previous KYC games?  I'll have 3 left to finish from this last one and still have 6 from the second one to work on.

16 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Nope, I'll go with whatever you want.

I need an excuse to finally get back to Bloodborne. It's laying at 2% since nearly 3 years. If it's OK for you, the one who has the higher Bloodborne completion rate at the and of April will win.

You'd have a big advantage here as you're already at 19% and I really suck at this game. :)

• Like 1