Metal Gear Survive will have microtransactions and always on

ShadowStar83x

Without Hideo Kojima Konami is nothing!!! I will not buy a single shite from Konami!! They can rot. Unless...we get some awesome Castlevania game soon!!

Hardly surprising considering MGSV had micropayments as well.

The always online part worries me a bit as i remember online mode having a horrible effect on the load times in MGSV around launch. Hopefully they’ll make an effort to avoid a similar scenario now that players can’t go offline.

Edited by Happy

2 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Without Hideo Kojima Konami is nothing!!! I will not buy a single shite from Konami!! They can rot. Unless...we get some awesome Castlevania game soon!!

A Castlevania game with AYAMI KOJIMA, why not? i'm in! ;)

We all know this game is going to flop!!!!

Let's make our bets! Will Konami lose as much money as EA lost with Battlefront 2? I think they might lose, equaly!

I give this game benefit of the doubt all the time and this time with always online requirement. benefit i gave is ended.

I will wait this game for free on PS+ because i don't want waste money on game that is not mine to own in long run.

Edited by FielVeredus

4 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

not gonna happen, i could see us getting more crap like that wii fighting game. but something akin to ClassicVania, MetroidVania, or Lords of Shadow i highly doubt it. though i would not be opposed to a Lords of Shadow Remaster or the X chronicles (SotN and Rondo) on PS4

What the fuck happened to this company?

They were such a good company back in the 1990s and 2000s. Even early on in the PS3/Xbox 360 generation they were showing a bit of promise.

It's like Konami went from having their badass library of games for the home consoles and arcades to becoming a company exclusively focusing on mobile games and pachinko machines.

I wonder if anybody at Konami remembers any of the old classics, or if they couldn't give two shits anymore on how they became popular and universally recognized.  

8 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest since MGSV had microtransactions as well. But still, fuck this game and fuck Konami. Metal Gear Survive is everything wrong with AAA games these days.

I just find it funny you're playing Metal Gear Solid 4 right at this time of this post.

I guess Metal Gear Solid 4, when it released back in 2008, was just before Konami went shoulders deep in shit.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

I just find it funny you're playing Metal Gear Solid 4 right at this time of this post.

I guess Metal Gear Solid 4, when it released back in 2008, was just before Konami went shoulders deep in shit.

Yeah, playing this game just makes it all the more depressing to see what Konami has become in recent times. They used to be one of the best publishers, creating some of the best games around, and Metal Gear Solid 4 is a fine example of that - all without a season pass or microtransactions! As far as I'm concerned, Metal Gear Solid 4 was the last true MGS game they released. I mean Peace Walker and Phantom Pain were fun in their own way, but they were very different from the established formula. Metal Gear Survive is just an abomination.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, playing this game just makes it all the more depressing to see what Konami has become in recent times. They used to be one of the best publishers, creating some of the best games around, and Metal Gear Solid 4 is a fine example of that - all without a season pass or microtransactions! As far as I'm concerned, Metal Gear Solid 4 was the last true MGS game they released. I mean Peace Walker and Phantom Pain were fun in their own way, but they were very different from the established formula. Metal Gear Survive is just an abomination.

Definitely.

I was playing the Nintendo Wii at the time and I found it very cool that Snake was in the Super Smash Bros roster. Snake was basically Konami's mascot, cool and badass but also cunning and intelligent. Hideo Kojima practically begged the creators of Super Smash Bros to put Snake into the roster, and what we got was a character who had a whole variety of moves.

They had to tone him down. They removed his pistol that fired bullets but they kept the mines and choking animation.

Metal Gear Solid 4 I hear is pretty difficult though. Best of luck to you for that platinum. I wonder how long the cutscenes are.

======

Well it makes me more depressed than you because I actually remember when they released Contra and Castlevania games. They were top tier when it came to beat-em-ups and such. X-Men Arcade and the Simpsons Arcade were excellent, and I would get them on the PSN Store if they weren't delisted.

Doesn't look like the Castlevania games on PS3 are bad at all. I'll get them eventually, but I got way too many games on my backlog already and I don't want to add a bunch more to it.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 5:33 PM, jrdemr said:

It's Konami.

The EA of the East.

What else did you expect?

not quite. EA is an evil empire, but they're a successful one. Konami is a Japanese company (which is already a bad sign in regards to company management), but even by those low standards, they manage to dangerously scrape the bottom of the barrel.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:02 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Peace Walker is awesome!

But yeah - it really makes me sad to see what Konami has become. NES era, SNES era, PS1 era, PS2 era - what a solid company, with a varied list of offerings.

Now? Apparently, they thing it's 1980 again, and pachinko machines are the future.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Peace Walker is awesome!

I played it years ago but couldn't really get into it, mostly due to the fact that I had no idea what I was doing when it came to managing Mother Base. I dropped the game early on after reaching the mission where you have to defeat the tank because I was woefully unprepared, and since then it has stayed as one of the lowest completed games on my profile. I definitely intend on going back to it one day, though, and this time with some sort of guide so I'm not totally dumbfounded by the base management. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

On 18/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, Joker said:

I will fight anyone who gets this game. You are the reason everything goes to shit, not Konami.

Absolutely me too, I downloaded the beta yesterday to try it and see if it was so bad and yeah, total crap and complete abomination. I'm Boycotting konami for life

They cancel Silent Hills and pull P.T. even from download lists and they release this shit in the name of Metal Gear....... :(

On 1/17/2018 at 6:32 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Even then, They could give me a modern updated SOTN with trophies and finally release Silent Hills, I wont do it, Konami is dead to me

Edited by Stargazer2600