Unlock All Buildings Question

DrakeHellsing

In regards to unlocking all buildings, if I unlock some of them on one map, then load up another, will they be unlocked on that map as well? Or will I need to start up another map for them to be unlocked? Such as, the Court House I think it was, where you need over 50% crime and maintain it for a set amount of weeks.  My city has low crime at that (about 5% crime, and I do want to keep it low for this map).  But I want to use this map to build the monuments.  If I go to another map, do the requirements for the Court House, can I then return to my previous map and have said Court House unlocked?

I want to use this map to try and get as many unlocks done as I can, such as, filling cemeteries, the different zones (at least as best as I can), educated people and all those sort of things.  But some I wont be able to do, as it goes against my city.  I really don't want to have to change my city around for that sort of stuff, it's working fine as is.

Also, I'll ask this here too in regards to unlocking buildings.  One requirement is to build one of each city service (30 of them is what the number has).  I take it the different power plants count towards that? As well as the different transport methods? I've yet to build a train station, and probably wont for a little while.

Any buildings that you unlock will be available to use on a new map. Of course if you actually want them in the game, you'll need to meet the population requirements. As to starting a new city and meeting building requirements there, I can't really say for sure if it'll work, but I don't see why not. As long as you have separate save files and/or save over your auto-save file, it should save all your unique buildings for use in all cities.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

In regards to unlocking all buildings, if I unlock some of them on one map, then load up another, will they be unlocked on that map as well? Or will I need to start up another map for them to be unlocked? Such as, the Court House I think it was, where you need over 50% crime and maintain it for a set amount of weeks.  My city has low crime at that (about 5% crime, and I do want to keep it low for this map).  But I want to use this map to build the monuments.  If I go to another map, do the requirements for the Court House, can I then return to my previous map and have said Court House unlocked?

You don't actually need a new map for this if you don't want to. All you need to do is make a save of your city, and turn off all your police stations/headquarters and prisons via the Inspector tool and :triangle:. As soon as you meet the requirements and unlock the Court House, simply save over the auto-save file, and reload the manual save of your city you made before hand and you should have the Court House unlocked.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Also, I'll ask this here too in regards to unlocking buildings.  One requirement is to build one of each city service (30 of them is what the number has).  I take it the different power plants count towards that? As well as the different transport methods? I've yet to build a train station, and probably wont for a little while.

Okay here goes. This should be all the buildings that are required for the Cathedral of Plentitude:

1. Wind Turbine
  2. Advanced Wind Turbine
  3. Coal Power Plant
  4. Oil Power Plant
  5. Hydro Power Plant
  6. Solar Power Plant
  7. Nuclear Power Plant
  8. Water Tower
  9. Water Pumping Station
  10. Water Drain Pipe
  11. Water Treatment Plant
  12. Landfill Site
  13. Incineration Plant
  14. Medical Clinic
  15. Hospital
  16. Cemetary
  17. Crematorium
  18. Fire House
  19. Fire Station
  20. Police Station
  21. Police Headquarters
  22. Prison
  23. Elementary School
  24. High School
  25. University
  26. Bus Depot - Bus Station may work as well
  27. Metro
  28. Train Station - Cargo Train Station may work as well
  29. Harbor - Cargo Harbor or Cargo Hub may work as well
  30. Airport - International Airport may work as well
  31. Taxi Depot

If in doubt, check your milestones tab for your city service building count, save your game and start building away from the list. If the count doesn't go up, simply reload your save game and try another building. The only thing to note is that all 30 buildings must be built and on the map at the same time. They should also be powered and/or watered and otherwise active. This will no doubt cost a ton of money. You can however, once the Cathedral of Plentitude is unlocked save over your auto-save file and reload an older save file without spending all the money again.

Edit: It doesn't sound like you are using the DLC, but if so, the following buildings may possibly be used for city service buildings (unconfirmed):

1. Road Maintenance Depot
  2. Snow Dump
  3. Geothermal Heating Plant
  4. Boiler Station
  5. Sauna
  6. Tram
Edited by Caldor2K2

44 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I want to use this map to try and get as many unlocks done as I can, such as, filling cemeteries, the different zones (at least as best as I can), educated people and all those sort of things.  But some I wont be able to do, as it goes against my city.  I really don't want to have to change my city around for that sort of stuff, it's working fine as is.

Yes you can unlock on one map and it will still be unlocked on another even switching between playthroughs. I recommend the Boreal/Tropical as those have less monuments to unlock than euro does. You can save scum but you need 1000 nights anyways so you might as well play around with different layouts. You learn more that you can take to other playthroughs. Decide now though if you want to do 20k office buildings or 30k industrial on the current city you have. 30k industrial is a bit of a pain I thought. No universities because you need to keep schools out edict on almost all districts.

35 minutes ago, Not_like_therest said:

Yes you can unlock on one map and it will still be unlocked on another even switching between playthroughs. I recommend the Boreal/Tropical as those have less monuments to unlock than euro does. You can save scum but you need 1000 nights anyways so you might as well play around with different layouts. You learn more that you can take to other playthroughs. Decide now though if you want to do 20k office buildings or 30k industrial on the current city you have. 30k industrial is a bit of a pain I thought. No universities because you need to keep schools out edict on almost all districts.

I'm actually using that one river map, which is doing fine for me, just placed down a cargo boat thing.  I think for industrial, I'll use another map, I am trying to balance it a bit (got one side that has a bunch of schools and all that, while the other has nothing).

@Caldor2K2 I actually have a decent amount of money on the game right now, about $800,000 to spare, so money isn't too much of a problem to me.  Even if I build something that costs over $100,000, I still am able to make the money back as such.

I do think the other annoying one will be those abandoned buildings one, but I'll worry about that at a later date.  But it's good to know that I should be able to go back to another map and they're at least, unlocked to build, makes it less annoying at the very least.

Also, not using the DLC, haven't gotten Snowfall yet, I will eventually.  Even though I did unlock the fog trophy from the DLC list.  So I think that's also why I can't get the trophy "Well Informed".  Mine is the digital copy of the game as well.  And I did see that it shows Trams in the list of transport options, but no Tram option for me of course.