Rick and Morty Discussion

wafflestomper810

Greetings all.  Hope there isn't already a thread because I couldn't find one specifically.   If there is then I guess this one will be closed.

I just wanted to know what every Rick and Morty fan thinks about the upcoming season 4.  I know its not supposed to come out for awhile, but what do we hope will happen in the new season.  I myself would like to see how an interaction between Rick and Evil Morty will turn out and how Rick can outsmart him, but at what cost.  I would also like to see how the bird person arc will turn out.

Also, what are some of your favorite moments from seasons past?  I still love the pickle Rick episode the most. 

Who doesn't love to get schwifty?  Let us know.

Edited by wafflestomper810
Correction

I totally liked the Evil Morty episode in the last season. But I really hated the Pickle Rick episode. i can understand why people liked it and it was an ok episode. Pretty average imo but the internet ruined it for me. All the people talking about Pickle Rick made me hate it already before watching the actual episode. Maybe because it didn't hit me? I don't know what was so special about that episode, honestly. 

My favorite episode overall.... I don't know actually. It's been to long since I saw the first two seasons I'm not even sure what happened in them anymore :D I wouldn't call myself a real Rick & Morty fan, as well. I enjoy the series and I like some of its humor but it's nothing I get really hyped about.

Well it is true that normies ruin everything. I still enjoy the show dispite being ruined by fans. I just think the show needs more variety. Season 3 felt empty and kind of disappointing. I'll still watch S4 but I just hope it's still good and fresh.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:38 AM, wafflestomper810 said:

Who doesn't love to get schwifty?  Let us know.

Me.

I watched all the first season and part of the second at the command of a friend, maybe a year ago now. It's such a drag. It's not unfunny, it's just not really funny either, and given the amount of fuss people kick up about the show, I'd expect the 29th coming of it.

And I love Dan Harmon's shit, Community has been one of my favorite shows for years now, but I just can't get into Rick and Morty.

First of all, the fanbase, obviously not all fans, but you know the ones I mean, are fucking satan. They are just the worst kind of people. And then when you have their defense being "well the show's just too smart, if you don't like it, you're just dumb" motherfucker, one of the people I know who loves it the most, the first conversation I had with her was about the Golden Gate Bridge scene in Final Destination and she was saying how she was just there a week or so ago...at the other side of Melbourne (she meant the West Gate Bridge, Google it if you're not a local), and she was convinced that San Francisco was actually just Melbourne. Bitch is dumb, and she's never really done anything smarter than that in the year or so I've known her now either, and she is a devoted fan, so intelligence definitely isn't a barrier of entry.

Secondly though, again, it's not bad to me. It's just not amazing. I can't remember a single line of dialogue from when we watched it a year back. Nothing. I remember the professor drinks and burps a lot (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA) and the kid is squeamish. And I think the dad was voiced by Cyril Figgus. Wait, I do remember the episode with the dog who got neutered and tried to take over the world. Funny idea and all, but it would work better as a 5 minute short or something, ala The Simpsons' shorts in the 80s. As a five minute show, I think Rick and Morty could be amazing, given it's absurdity and silly stories, but the show just doesn't have enough substance to keep me interested for a full 20 minutes per episode, everything felt dragged out and it was to the detriment of the show's overall quality. 

The idea itself is cool, and obviously given it's insane fanbase, the show is popular, but to me, it's just too much of a try hard. Marty and Doc being completely fucking crazy is funny for five minutes, but it ain't enough to keep me interested, and that's coming from someone who regularly rewatches that trilogy too. 

Feel free to yell at me, and say that I'm stupid for not liking the show though. I mean, in grade two they had me tested and I supposedly had the intellectual capacity of an average 32 year old at age 7, but it could be that I'm just too dumb to enjoy the show, I mean, that idiot with the Golden Gate Bridge story is clearly beaming with brilliant thoughts.

• 2 months later...