Powerflank

Removing cheaters from the leaderboards

187 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, DARKB1KE said:

Have you ever used Gameshark or Gamegenie before?  Cheat codes in a videogame?  Same thing essentially, and no, doesn't take the fun away.  Everyone enjoys games in their own way, I don't think it's right to demonize or witchhunt people because they play different or enjoy different things.  Just like some people prefer to play on ultra hardcore difficulty and others prefer easy as possible apples to oranges. 

No i have not again i personally dont see the point. Just for the record i have not demonised or witch hunted anyone (pretty sure i never named any names) can you not see that this was a question i personally have no care for how other gamers want to play its their decision but taking a save game file is not really playing at all is it? Again just for the record not that i care.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway the main point of this topic was to make banning rules a bit more severe.

 

If someone hacks, even if it's just a single trophy, he/she should be removed from the leaderboards and from the website too. Hiding hacked trophies means nothing. Unless the player can prove he didn't hack intentionally, he must be removed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wisedrive said:

Anyway the main point of this topic was to make banning rules a bit more severe.

 

If someone hacks, even if it's just a single trophy, he/she should be removed from the leaderboards and from the website too. Hiding hacked trophies means nothing. Unless the player can prove he didn't hack intentionally, he must be removed.

 

If someone is caught doing something severe, be sure I'll ask Sly to remove them, even if I don't have solid evidence for more than one case.

 

But something like using a downloaded save for a game that doesn't have save file encryption back in 2009 or something, meh, whatever.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's the fun exactly in earning trophies and plats without actually getting them with your own efforts? these people are only deceiving themselves since they have lost that sweet sense of achievement 😐 what I love about being a trophy hunter is challenging myself and having fun while at it, I don't care much about the leaderboards :)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to gamesave on my old 360 account, I made it to 100k gamerscore with only maybe 3k of it being gamesaves. 

 

I ended up making a new account and starting all over not long after I got to 100k just cause when I finally got the 100k I wasn't excited, I still felt dirty and basically like I cheated myself. That's a feeling that can't go away unless you restart from scratch.

 

So really, they are just screwing themselves over mostly.

Edited by NutellaOrgies
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chewy333-OShea said:

 can you not see that this was a question i personally have no care for how other gamers want to play its their decision but taking a save game file is not really playing at all is it? Again just for the record not that i care.

Yes, I did see that it was a question.  I gave you a response to that question to try and explain it.  None of that was even directed at you.  That's how this works, this is a discussion forum. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Yes, I did see that it was a question.  I gave you a response to that question to try and explain it.  None of that was even directed at you.  That's how this works, this is a discussion forum. 

Thats fair enough and obviously having an opinion is as you quite rightly say what forums are ultimately all about. because you quoted a previous comment i had posted i thought initially it was directed at me, my apologies maybe i misread the angle which you were coming from.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.1.2018 at 11:39 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

It's one thing to be obsessed on your own useless digital awards, 

 

it's a whole other to be obsessed on the useless digital awards of strangers.

so much this!!!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can premium members report any trophy list? Or do they have to have the game on their profile too like standard members?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VH-2008 said:

Can premium members report any trophy list? Or do they have to have the game on their profile too like standard members?

pretty sure it's the same as standard

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

pretty sure it's the same as standard

 

 

I thought Premium members could report any game, whats the best way to report a cheater if you don't have the games on your profile?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, VH-2008 said:

 

I thought Premium members could report any game, whats the best way to report a cheater if you don't have the games on your profile?

look on the player list for someone who has the game and ask nicely? or shoot a pm to mmde or the other flag team member pretty sure they can do it with or without the game on their list

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 6:46 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

There is a website where game saves are shared and where players can thank the original poster for them. Looking up the trophy cards of those thankful usernames on this website, then seeing how they platted said game, it's a fun excercise.

 

Of course they might have done it legit in the end. Or it was just a one time thing for a very hard game. Or someone else has their username and it's all a coincidence.

 

But nevertheless I can guarantee you that you will forever take any trophy card on this website with more than just a pinch of salt.

There's also a Youtube channel that contains videos showing how to pop trophies using those saves ;)

2 hours ago, RinoaBC said:

Where's the fun exactly in earning trophies and plats without actually getting them with your own efforts? these people are only deceiving themselves since they have lost that sweet sense of achievement 1f610.png what I love about being a trophy hunter is challenging myself and having fun while at it, I don't care much about the leaderboards :)

Some people just like to get as many trophies as possible by any means necessary its just trophy hunting in a different manner. Hackers end goal is to get every trophy for every game...which of course is practically impossible but they will always try ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sergen said:

What I’ve always found funny is how much of an elitist community the trophy hunters are. I may have flagged a lot of people, but I still don’t think this way, I think anyone who hacked trophies more than 7 years ago or people who end up in modded lobbies and have trophies autopopped for them shouldn’t have it affect their entire trophy profile

 

But this is exactly the point. No one is removed permanently from the leaderboards because they ended up in one modded lobby, or even two modded lobbies. No one is removed permanently for hacking one set of trophies from 7 years ago (which could be 50+ trophies altogether), or even two. You get three strikes. 

 

And, to the OP, I like the policy for exactly the reason that Sergen lists. To be honest, I wish they would extend the number of hidden games to 5 or so, but this is personal opinion only. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sergen said:

People always say that everyone deserves a second chance. There were people who hacked games like FUEL before PSNProfiles existed and before most members of this website had even entered their teenage years. So if someone hacked FUEL 8 years ago when they were 13 and now they’re 21, should that 1 game be holding their profile back for the rest of their life? That’s one of the reasons why you’re allowed to hide games that you get flagged for to an extent. 

 

People didn't think using other people’s saves in 2009 and 2010 would later affect their leaderboard rank on a website that didn’t even exist at the time. Aside from that, things like FIFA 09 where the interactive leagues broke within months were hacked with save files and the save file was advertised as a fix for a broken trophy rather than being a wrong thing to do, hence why thousands of people used the save. 

 

What I’ve always found funny is how much of an elitist community the trophy hunters are. I may have flagged a lot of people, but I still don’t think this way, I think anyone who hacked trophies more than 7 years ago or people who end up in modded lobbies and have trophies autopopped for them shouldn’t have it affect their entire trophy profile. 

 

Trophy hunters are quick to jump on the bandwagon and treat it like you’ve sinned against a religion if you hack a trophy, but they’re also quick to get on a game and be carried with entire platinums that they don’t work for so they can get trophies quickly. People make a world on minecraft and prepare every trophy so someone who has been 0% on the trophy list can get the platinum through someone else’s work, you hardly see trophy hunters complain about that because instead of going on a website to find save files, you go on a website to find someone who can invite you to their online lobby. 

 

Modded lobbies that autopop trophies are acceptable in my opinion since you are not doing anything intentional. There's a lot more than that though; to be more specific (not gonna mention anybody for privacy) I know players who have paid for services to unlock unobtainable trophies in FIFA 14. That's totally unacceptable to me. The point of having legit lederboards is not to have any hackers on them, there's no hiding that erases your actions.

 

I don't know anything about save files so I'm not gonna speak for that. I just think every hacking case should be analyzed carefully, there's no need for 3 flags to be banned. As I mentioned before, the hacking method that concerns FIFA 14 should ban you permanently from the website/leaderboard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

But this is exactly the point. No one is removed permanently from the leaderboards because they ended up in one modded lobby, or even two modded lobbies. No one is removed permanently for hacking one set of trophies from 7 years ago (which could be 50+ trophies altogether), or even two. You get three strikes. 

 

And, to the OP, I like the policy for exactly the reason that Sergen lists. To be honest, I wish they would extend the number of hidden games to 5 or so, but this is personal opinion only. 

 

The issue with the website currently is that it keeps a record of previous flags even if you hide 2 of them. So if someone did hack what was commonly hacked in 2009 and 2010: SOCOM Confrontation and FUEL, they would be using up 2/3 flags. But then later, they decide they want to play a game like Black Ops II and then suddenly all the trophies autopop for them and they sync that then they're flagged for a third game. A modded lobby can be the thing that gets people their 3rd flag that gets them permanently flagged from the leaderboards, which is why white-listing should be applied to those games. It was simple for someone in 2009/2010 to also hack many games that had non-encrypted save data and not think of future consequences, you still see people with those games making dispute threads to this day, 8 years after they did it. It's a stretch, but I think the website should probably also enforce a time period rule where someone who hacked a game before a specific date e.g. December 31st, 2010 is able to hide the games without having a strike on their profile.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sergen said:

 

The issue with the website currently is that it keeps a record of previous flags even if you hide 2 of them. So if someone did hack what was commonly hacked in 2009 and 2010: SOCOM Confrontation and FUEL, they would be using up 2/3 flags. But then later, they decide they want to play a game like Black Ops II and then suddenly all the trophies autopop for them and they sync that then they're flagged for a third game. A modded lobby can be the thing that gets people their 3rd flag that gets them permanently flagged from the leaderboards, which is why white-listing should be applied to those games. It was simple for someone in 2009/2010 to also hack many games that had non-encrypted save data and not think of future consequences, you still see people with those games making dispute threads to this day, 8 years after they did it. It's a stretch, but I think the website should probably also enforce a time period rule where someone who hacked a game before a specific date e.g. December 31st, 2010 is able to hide the games without having a strike on their profile.

 

I would just avoid Black Ops 2, not just because of hackers, but because it's an unobtainable plat. :P World at War is at least as bad as BO2... Might be worse in fact, and MW2 is just filled with almost as many save file users...

 

Nah, playing around with a time period is dangerous territory, if for no other reason than CFW.

Edited by MMDE
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

 

I would just avoid Black Ops 2, not just because of hackers, but because it's an unobtainable plat. :P World at War is at least as bad as BO2... Might be worse in fact, and MW2 is just filled with almost as many save file users...

 

Nah, playing around with a time period is dangerous territory, if for no other reason than CFW.

And i would say if you really wan't to play these games play them on another account ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ١٩‏/١‏/٢٠١٨ at 0:14 PM, Bullstomp said:

No matter whether it's one hack or three, intentional or not, people will get away with hacking. Yes it sucks but once you accept that fundamental truth you will realize the leaderboards are bullshit anyway. Especially with people stacking 30 min Platinums.  .  .

 

And There Are Those Whose Use Multi Users On The Same Account 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheaters in games, cheaters in real life, if someone will not learn that only by hard work will achieve a goal, then he is gone anyway.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I also add that some trophy hunters are complete OCD regarding their gaming profiles, they might not even play a game if they know they can't finish it 100% (kinda ridiculious but at least those are the legit OCD gamers), but I also believe some of these hackers maybe OCD in nature, since they are obssessed of having lots (to all) of 100% finished games in their profile by any means necessary 🙄

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RinoaBC said:

May I also add that some trophy hunters are complete OCD regarding their gaming profiles, they might not even play a game if they know they can't finish it 100% (kinda ridiculious but at least those are the legit OCD gamers), but I also believe some of these hackers maybe OCD in nature, since they are obssessed of having lots (to all) of 100% finished games in their profile by any means necessary 1f644.png

 

Yes, this is my experience. But some just do it because they can and they're lazy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 9:48 AM, Wisedrive said:

I know a player who paid to unlock unachievable trophies and I'm sure there are other players who did that...this guy hid the game and he's still on the global/national leaderboard. I don't understand why he'd need 2 more flags to be removed, what he did is unacceptable. He can't get away so easily...

 

To me you just seem like an angry kid who wants others to get punished for what you think is unforgivable. Even if it does no harm to anyone.

The most juvenile thing about this thread is that you just want to see them get punished more.

 

Edited by Joker
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.