Removing cheaters from the leaderboards

hcmode

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I wish for one thing: when some starts a dispute thread, there should be an autopost from the site which lists the game, the trophies flagged, and the reason for the flagging. This should be in clear text.

That should be an easy thing to implement for the site.

This was supposed to work like that when the Disputes were created, but the code is broken and definitely needs to be fixed.

3 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

2. No. People will view it, but there are a couple issues with this.

1. The people who have knowledge of it probably won't PM the CRT because

they will have to search them down if they don't already know them, or

won't want to create a PM for whatever reason, or

won't know who approved the flag and thus PM the wrong CRT "in charge" or who approved the flag,

thus them may having to mail different ones, or just emailing them all, which, all, seem annoying to everyone.

2. CRT PM's are already basically full and this will just compound the issue, since they will have to send a lot of time cleaning that shit up.

There are instructions posted for doing most of these concerns: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/75200-the-comprehensive-how-to-report-cheaters-faq-good-practices-and-general-info/

People who have knowledge and want to help in a dispute, can click on the already available directions. Getting the message to the "right" Cheater Remover shouldn't be the concern of the member. The Cheater Removers will figure out how to get communicate with each other. Telling one is as good as telling them all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/10/2019 at 7:13 AM, BrettyBoy said:

Terminator Salvation (hard mode hacked), Call Of Duty Classic (difficulty trophies hacked), Fuel, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (treasures hacked but got most of them legit) and Modern Warfare 2 are my only hacked platinums.

That was all years back though, got someone to do the hacks for me. I admit, it was dumb but you know what they say, you live you learn.

The majority of my trophy collection is legit though and I have also earned MOST of my trophies without anyone earning trophies for me. 

I re-done all my hacked trophies legit though except for Fuel trophies. 

14 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

The games on the profile are not legit, regardless if you could have done them legit. Start a new profile and do them all legit.

12 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Agree with @Squirlruler.  Start a new profile and play the games legit, no hacking.  Only way to clean things up, unfortunately. 

Fuck starting over. I can live with the fact that the majority of trophy collection is at least legit plus I have platinums on games that have online trophies where servers are now shut down. 

Edited by BrettyBoy

36 minutes ago, BrettyBoy said:

Guess so since the time stamps are still there.

so what was your whole point?

did you think the Christmas Spirit would move people to reinstate your profile, that strangers actually care what or how to try to self-delude yourself or the attempt to make yourself seem as if you are a victim of circumstance deserving a 4th or 5th chance???

what was your whole motivation?

3 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

so what was your whole point?

did you think the Christmas Spirit would move people to reinstate your profile, that strangers actually care what or how to try to self-delude yourself or the attempt to make yourself seem as if you are a victim of circumstance deserving a 4th or 5th chance???

what was your whole motivation?

It was years back when I did this and it was for myself, not for other people. 

Edited by BrettyBoy

2 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

It was years back when I did this and it was for myself, not for other people. 

It sucks but the only option is to accept that you have to start a new account or live with being off the leaderboards forever. You can think it's unfair but that's the rules of the site and the most fair thing they can do. 

If you're truly ok with your situation, you wouldn't be posting in this thread a 2+ years after it started. 

The problem with cheaters is that after you punish them they just become better cheaters. Some decide to go straight but others in a quick attempt to regain what they lost just get more thorough in how they unlock trophies. Timestamp editing etc. I won't say the guys name but he's been permanently removed twice and 2-3 months ago I'm pretty sure I found his new account at the top of a fastest achievers list for a game he toppled me on, all the games on the new account matched games he had on the other accounts (only had 35 games restored on the new account) but all the stuff he had gotten banned for in the past was pristine and the stamps checked out this time. So, MAYBE he has decided to go legit, MAYBE he is just a better cheater for it. Won't know till he slips up, if ever.

What's my point? We still have to punish them, we can't just let thieves in real life go because were afraid that prison will make them better at stealing. They have to be punished. But, in this case maybe let them have their own cheater leaderboard upon reaching 3 strikes (complete with a scarlet letter icon next to it :D). Keeps them off the legit, and potentially dissuades them from starting a new account with intent to defraud the legit board? Will this eliminate the problem  no, but I guarantee it will cut down on it.

Imagine this, cheater logs in looks at his rank after being flagged, and all that's different on his main hub is a Red letter next to his rank (and because there are less cheaters than legits his rank will have gone way up), if he checks his rank he will see "PS4, PS3 & PS Vita Cheaterboard". 60% won't care, 40% will dispute, 10% of that 40 will not care after going through the ring jumps of dispute forum, the remaining 30% will restart account, curse the world, open multiple disputes, kill their brother, kick puppies, who knows (IMO, obviously these numbers are guesstimates)

This is just a rough idea, and could by all means fail, sound like a bad idea, be a bad idea whatever, either way I'd like to hear your respectful opinions on the subject. Not something I'm pushing to have implemented just spitballing an idea for conversation sake.

Edited by Asmund89

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

We already had that. It encouraged more cheating.

Cheaters gonna cheat, did it cut down on attempts to falsify legit accounts though? If you continue to cheat on a cheaterboard that would take time and effort away from falsifying a legit account right? Kinda like encouraging cheaters to do their thing on their own board because honestly they aren't gonna just stop, well most won't, some do. The ones with the most proficiency will try to gain position against other cheaters, which would take time and effort. Imagine battling for position against other hackers....lol

Edited by Asmund89

Just now, Asmund89 said:

Cheaters gonna cheat, did it cut down on attempts to falsify legit accounts though? If you continue to cheat on a cheaterboard that would take time and effort away from falsifying a legit account right?

It didn't reduce the number of reports, although only the cheater removers from the time have the actual statistics.

It drew accounts to the site to see who could stay on the "Clean Leaderboard" (as it was called) for as long as they could get away with it, then when people made it to the "Dirty Leaderboard" they'd try to increase their rank there.

I don't know that any time was spent trying to identify alts of accounts on the cheater leaderboard.

It seems like re-creating a cheater leaderboard is already spending way more time and effort supporting cheating than just catching and removing cheaters. People gotta take it less personally when someone is identified as a cheater. From my unscientific view, the overwhelming majority of disputes were people goofing around with mod menus in FPS games, not trying to topple people on the PSNProfiles leaderboards.

Identify, report. Repeat as necessary. If anything, some kind of enhanced screening that takes place on profile updates could identify some common cheating patterns and flag or remove accounts automatically and reduce the burden of reporting slightly from members.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It didn't reduce the number of reports, although only the cheater removers from the time have the actual statistics.

Damn :facepalm:, well it sounded good in my head lol. But, I don't feel so bad because it was an idea you guys already had once. Fair enough, I definitely see your point now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asmund89 said:

I won't say the guys name but he's been permanently removed twice and 2-3 months ago I'm pretty sure I found his new account

If I had an army of clones, things would be better. Anyway, go ahead and report it. I can see thru “legit timestamps” sometimes, depending on various circumstances.

• Like 2