VR ONLY?

Fubuki

12 minutes ago, The Titan said:

A horror game that takes place during the 50s? that sounds awesome!

Does this game requires the VR headset? Can you play it with just a controller? I don't want to have that thing on my head. It gives me a really bad headache.

Don't know about the game, but for the headache I would recommend slowly working your way up to long play sessions. My first session was 10 minutes and I went up slowly from there until now I can do 30-60 minutes depending on the game. But for the first few days I got really bad headaches from it as my brain adjusted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

You guys gotta need to understand that there are plenty of cool games for PSVR. If you want to play them so badly, you gotta need to save money to get one. 1f602.png I spent my own personal money on a PSVR and a bunch of games and I still use it to this day. Often!

1c1.jpg

Exactly people act like vr isn't suppose to have exclusives lol if they didn't have really good exclusives it would be harder to sell it. As he said y'all might want to save up if you can't afford it because this is only one of the many great games you can play in vr. You will not regret your purchase. I use mine everyday and not once have gotten sick or a headache.

• Like 4

Im Still disappointed but o well. The first until dawn didnt need VR to be scary. This feels kind a forced. Just to make money but what ever.

6 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I use mine everyday and not once have gotten sick or a headache.

Good for you but not everyone can stand that shit. I get really nauseated and I can't prevent that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Titan said:

Im Still disappointed but o well. The first until dawn didnt need VR to be scary. This feels kind a forced. Just to make money but what ever.

Good for you but not everyone can stand that shit. I get really nauseated and I can't prevent that.

Just because some people get sick so easily doesn't mean that games you want to play should not be vr exclusive. If you want to play some of these great games you will just have to try and get use to vr. It takes a lil bit of time to adjust then your brain will be used to it. 

8 hours ago, The Titan said:

Only game I get sick playing so far is Doom VFR with full locomotion. Far point no problem, but Doom... just thinking of playing it again makes me nausious. 

I am very similar, unfortunately most (but not all) of the  VR games make me sick. It seems the rubber smell around the nose piece usually sets me off. Recently put a few drops of lavender oil on it and it is 100 percent better. Having a fan on also helps

Only some games give you naseau and headaches but the majority are ok. I think when VR first came out the problem games were more prominent but now they have remedied it. One game in particular (can’t remember the name) couldn’t be played for more than 5 minutes without causing you to feel sick. They then re-released the game for use without VR.

RE7 was fine to play using the headset and I’m sure the new and upcoming games are now a lot better than they were starting off.

Edited by Hogie838
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, Maxie Mouse said:

You guys gotta need to understand that there are plenty of cool games for PSVR. If you want to play them so badly, you gotta need to save money to get one. 1f602.png I spent my own personal money on a PSVR and a bunch of games and I still use it to this day. Often!

1c1.jpg

I agree 100%. If anyone is wondering whether its worth it. IMO yes it is. there are some really fun games for the VR. I haven't tried this one yet but it looks really good

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I platinum the game after buying it for like 12 bucks. I still think this could've been a non PSVR game. Aside from 1st person POV, the immersive thing isn't that necessary. Like RE7, it should've been optional. I think I'll stick to watching Blu ray 3D movies rather than games on PSVR. So far the games haven't really impressed me. 

Some games just aren't worth playing unless played in VR. Sorry about your headaches, that really, really sucks.

50 minutes ago, The Titan said:

So I platinum the game after buying it for like 12 bucks. I still think this could've been a non PSVR game. Aside from 1st person POV, the immersive thing isn't that necessary. Like RE7, it should've been optional. I think I'll stick to watching Blu ray 3D movies rather than games on PSVR. So far the games haven't really impressed me. 

I guess you haven't played Astro Bot then. One of the best games of all time. Give it a go if you get the chance.

I haven't been that impressed with 3d movies on the headset, just gets muddy on distance shots. Games made for the headset though - brilliant.

21 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Some games just aren't worth playing unless played in VR. Sorry about your headaches, that really, really sucks.

I guess you haven't played Astro Bot then. One of the best games of all time. Give it a go if you get the chance.

I haven't been that impressed with 3d movies on the headset, just gets muddy on distance shots. Games made for the headset though - brilliant.

thanks. Gotten used to it so the headaches only happen if I use it too long. Which makes sense. Any other VR games? I played AstroBot and didn't like it. Kinda boring. 

thanks. Gotten used to it so the headaches only happen if I use it too long. Which makes sense. Any other VR games? I played AstroBot and didn't like it. Kinda boring. 

Well, to be honest, if you don't like astro bot (WTF!!!) then I guess you're into first person shooters more than anything right?  Or at least more action orientated games? So maybe Borderlands VR if you can get an aim controller. Other than that I honestly can't fathom what you would like if you don't like Astro Bot.

Oh, I've just finished Trover saves the universe - but again, I don't know how much you'd like the genre.

Edited by thefourfoldroot