What I gotta focus when Platinum'ing Demon Souls

RAPHATIYEH23

I'm planning on platinum'ing Demon Souls before the servers go down. So I wanted to ask those who completed to game to provide me any necessary tips/info about how I should go about completing the trophies. I know that there are some trophies you can easily unlock by simply picking up items from someone who already earned that item - though, I don't know if you can do this with every item or so. Any advice would be helpful.

Please & Thank You 

Was a long time ago that I got that plat but it's pretty complex as you probably know. The last thing I needed, and it took me a while, was a pure bladestone - which I think has a drop rate of 200/1. A lot of the weapons can only be found under specific circumstances, I.E - in specific areas or from specific enemies/ NPC's that only appear with specific world tendency requirements.  I think it takes at least 3 play throughs as well so if you're just starting - focus on clearing the game and using the boss souls to make some of the weapons you need. You may want to wait until NG + to go after some of the other specific NPC weapons cos those fights are really tough, if I recall. And see about grinding out that pure bladestone ASAP cos it takes several hours, unless you're really lucky. 

2 minutes ago, screenwriter91 said:

Was a long time ago that I got that plat but it's pretty complex as you probably know. The last thing I needed, and it took me a while, was a pure bladestone - which I think has a drop rate of 200/1. A lot of the weapons can only be found under specific circumstances, I.E - in specific areas or from specific enemies/ NPC's that only appear with specific world tendency requirements.  I think it takes at least 3 play throughs as well so if you're just starting - focus on clearing the game and using the boss souls to make some of the weapons you need. You may want to wait until NG + to go after some of the other specific NPC weapons cos those fights are really tough, if I recall. And see about grinding out that pure bladestone ASAP cos it takes several hours, unless you're really lucky. 

Oh man, I gotta hurry up and do all of this D:

1 minute ago, RAPHATIYEH23 said:

Oh man, I gotta hurry up and do all of this D:

Took me about a month all in. But I played really slowly and researched  how to get a lot of the weapons for the trophies. That's the biggest task cos you can only move world tendency so much in one playthrough - double check though cos i think most of it is best done in pure white, rather than pure black - and I think those NPC's will spawn under either. If the trophies are your main concern you don't need to stray towards pure black if you're just looking to get it done. But double check cos it's been like 6 years or something since i got that plat.

You're in no hurry to do any of this. Demon's Souls doesn't require online play at all, and honestly, it's not even that bad to plat on your own (particularly if you use the item duping glitch). There is one (ONE) item that requires a modicum of grinding. The rest of them fall out easily.

However, if you do play on your own, you need to watch your character tendency and world tendency. It's easier just to look that up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

You're in no hurry to do any of this. Demon's Souls doesn't require online play at all, and honestly, it's not even that bad to plat on your own (particularly if you use the item duping glitch). There is one (ONE) item that requires a modicum of grinding. The rest of them fall out easily.

However, if you do play on your own, you need to watch your character tendency and world tendency. It's easier just to look that up.

I wanted to Platinum this game before I got into the rest of the Souls games, I feel it's a nice way to start. I was just hoping that as long as the servers are still open, I can maybe take advantage of the online features while they're still on. But thanks for the re-assurance, I guess I got alot of research to do so before jumping right into it. 

Play offline as it is best to not play online as yes it can help but because of online, it can make your world tendency go to either normal or white, so if you say grinded for 4 hours to get the blade stone and you come back tomorrow it can go back to white or normal thus killing the grind as you need to find a way to get back to black, the way to stop this is to either use the duping glitch to get the stone that turns you fully human and die a lot to make the world black again or play offline. I did however do the duping glitch to do the black tendency and to get 99 bladestone in case someone ever wanted it from me.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

Basic offline guide with just the most necessary to not miss anything:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

If you play online, you only need to save the 3 mages (levels: 1-3, 3-1, 4-2), kill Yurt (level 3-2), and make sure to leave one boss (I suggest 1-4) to get stuff from someone online. Make sure you've got everything done before doing the last boss, and if you get help from a pro, you may even get the Maiden in Black Soul before NG+, and so you can finish it when you go for the good ending (just don't kill Maiden in Black after the very last boss, just leave).

If you want co-op help, and someone to guide you through it all, pay me 5 bucks, and I'll be there. I can render it a 8-15 hours platinum for you, and like 2/10 difficulty.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

If you play online, you only need to save the 3 mages (levels: 1-3, 3-1, 4-2), kill Yurt (level 3-2), and make sure to leave one boss (I suggest 1-4) to get stuff from someone online. Make sure you've got everything done before doing the last boss, and if you get help from a pro, you may even get the Maiden in Black Soul before NG+, and so you can finish it when you go for the good ending (just don't kill Maiden in Black after the very last boss, just leave).

If you want co-op help, and someone to guide you through it all, pay me 5 bucks, and I'll be there. I can render it a 8-15 hours platinum for you, and like 2/10 difficulty.

that is a lot of money to pay to give help

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

that is a lot of money to pay to give help

5 bucks is a lot of money for 8-15 hours of help? :D It's not like I haven't written several guides for people to do this on their own. The guide I linked to is just that, a missable trophy guide by me. I told him what he can do if he wanna do it the easy online way. I'm just saying, if you want me to waste many hours of my time to co-op the game with you, I want to know you're serious about it. 5 bucks is nothing. Normal pay per hour here is minimum 15USD, but the average is like 40USD per hour.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

5 bucks is a lot of money for 8-15 hours of help? :D It's not like I haven't written several guides for people to do this on their own. The guide I linked to is just that, a missable trophy guide by me. I told him what he can do if he wanna do it the easy online way. I'm just saying, if you want me to waste many hours of my time to co-op the game with you, I want to know you're serious about it. 5 bucks is nothing. Normal pay per hour here is minimum 15USD, but the average is like 40USD per hour.

Ah well am just saying it is a lot as when I helped people co op something I normally do it for free or a kind of iou, like I helped you with this and next time you help me on the next thing I need or something like that.

But yeah, I can see why you asked for that.

Edited by KANERKB

10 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Ah well am just saying it is a lot as when I helped people co op something I normally do it for free or a kind of iou, like I helped you with this and next time you help me on the next thing I need or something like that.

But yeah, I can see why you asked for that.

Yeah, if you're someone I know and got a good relation with, I usually do it for free, but some random? Nah, hence the paywall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, if you're someone I know and got a good relation with, I usually do it for free, but some random? Nah, hence the paywall.

Understandable just saying, as that is a lot from what I can tell, but yeah if it is for something like this and your helping the other player and not just popping up killing the boss or dropping all the stuff yeah I can see, I misread your last posts thinking it was 5 bucks for just dropping the stuff on the floor, killing the boss with them and that is it.

My mistake but yeah I would do the same if I was helping a random for 40 plus hours or something.

Since this thread sorta relates to the "what are the possible platinum pitfalls" question, and Demon is the one of the games I've been looking at for quite a long time, I figured I'd hop in and ask a couple of my own.

Any harmful glitches to watch out for? Like sequence breaks or trophy triggers messing up?

Also, the Pure Bladestone grind: better than SO4's character drops or worse?

16 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Since this thread sorta relates to the "what are the possible platinum pitfalls" question, and Demon is the one of the games I've been looking at for quite a long time, I figured I'd hop in and ask a couple of my own.

Any harmful glitches to watch out for? Like sequence breaks or trophy triggers messing up?

Also, the Pure Bladestone grind: better than SO4's character drops or worse?

None as far as I can remember, also the grind is very bad, RNG is here, the drop from what I remember the guide book saying plus wiki saying it has a drop rate of 0.2 unless you up your luck and have gear too, it makes the drop go to 0.9 if I remember right, but I know that most like to just drop it to others, it is the only reason I see the duping glitch to be useful, as you can pass it to a friend who needs it after.

I have the black phantom edition that let's me have the guide book so I can kind of rewrite this if it is wrong just need to find the game.

Edited by KANERKB

3 hours ago, KANERKB said:

None as far as I can remember, also the grind is very bad, RNG is here, the drop from what I remember the guide book saying plus wiki saying it has a drop rate of 0.2 unless you up your luck and have gear too, it makes the drop go to 0.9 if I remember right, but I know that most like to just drop it to others, it is the only reason I see the duping glitch to be useful, as you can pass it to a friend who needs it after.

I have the black phantom edition that let's me have the guide book so I can kind of rewrite this if it is wrong just need to find the game.

Duping glitch is useful to avoid having to grind period. It's good to dupe the best grass (full health and cure status ailments). It's good to dupe boss souls to avoid multiple playthroughs. It's good to dupe stones so you only need to get one of each. It's good to dupe boss souls to level up faster, free fixing of equipment and upgrading etc. There's more than one dupe glitch though. And playing as blue phantom allows you to drop items without the game saving before you go back to your own world AKA you can quit the game without it saving your dropped stuff. There's also ways to drop boss souls (so you don't need to do anything in NG+, you get the plat as you get the good ending trophy) and even drop in body form without it saving it.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Duping glitch is useful to avoid having to grind period. It's good to dupe the best grass (full health and cure status ailments). It's good to dupe boss souls to avoid multiple playthroughs. It's good to dupe stones so you only need to get one of each. It's good to dupe boss souls to level up faster, free fixing of equipment and upgrading etc. There's more than one dupe glitch though. And playing as blue phantom allows you to drop items without the game saving before you go back to your own world AKA you can quit the game without it saving your dropped stuff. There's also ways to drop boss souls (so you don't need to do anything in NG+, you get the plat as you get the good ending trophy) and even drop in body form without it saving it.

Yeah, that is if they are willing to do the duping glitch but yeah.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, KANERKB said:

Understandable just saying, as that is a lot from what I can tell, but yeah if it is for something like this and your helping the other player and not just popping up killing the boss or dropping all the stuff yeah I can see, I misread your last posts thinking it was 5 bucks for just dropping the stuff on the floor, killing the boss with them and that is it.

My mistake but yeah I would do the same if I was helping a random for 40 plus hours or something.

Example of what I can offer is to get the platinum really fast. Last person I helped who I've helped with 2 of the versions now, he got into the top 15 fastest 100% times on the second game, the only one we played in one go. We're talking less than 8 hours. :) That's when we co op entire game together, aren't particularly fast about anything, I even had to play through 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1 in NG+ on my own save in this less than 8 hours time. These kind of times won't be possible after the servers go down. Hardest things you gotta do yourself is 1-1 and old warrior (king) Dorian.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 years later...
On 19/01/2018 at 4:27 PM, MMDE said:

what's Ur username