MGS4 Platinum Speedrun

Zolkovo

I'm planning on speed running the platinum for this game, but there are some very impressive times to compete with. So far I've just had the game idling in ACT I with all powersave features turned off in order to accumulate the time needed for the 35 hour emblem (before earning a single trophy), and catching up on sleep and household chores in the meantime. Flashback mania will be the most time consuming of "active" playtime I think, since I'll have to watch all cutscenes. The remaining 7 playthroughs should be fairly breezy unless I've forgotten to account for something else that's lengthy.

Are there any other neat little tricks that could help chop a tidy chunk off the playtime?

Edited by Zolkovo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just here to congratulate you on that Plat Speedrun :D. 1 day 14 hours is absurd for this game, you lead the closest people in 2nd and 3rd place by over a full DAY ?

Also, getting the Elite trophy from MGSV as your 1337th trophy was a really nice touch lol truly LEET. I never actually thought of that back then, personally I just wanted to have MGRR's plat Revengeance on there somewhere so I made that my 1337th trophy ?

Edited by ZEUS_OfThe_AEGIS
  • Like 1

@ZEUS_OfThe_AEGIS It's actually a lot easier than it looks and 2nd and 3rd place would have had similar times if they went for the chicken emblem first with stalling. I actually spent like an hour chatting with a staff member during the run and also had to take a small nap! Even though it's one of my all time favourites, it did get boring in the later playthroughs - especially in one sitting.

Thanks for your comment though, appreciate it!

Edited by Zolkovo