The Love Boat

Here are my personal picks. 

journey.jpg

Companionship: A game that proves its not about the destination. I'll be making my way through all sorts of environments and coming across real people and sharing parts of that adventure. However, you can only chime at each other. Communicating ideas is hard so people will wander in and out of contact. I'm most worried about the trophy for getting someone to sit quietly with me for 20 seconds. 

ratchet.jpg

Partnership: I started this platinum a while back and just lost track of it. Ratchet and Clank are a dynamic duo that team up to take on all sorts of platforming obstacles in a nostalgia-fueled adventure that totally takes me back to my teenage years sitting in from of the PS2. 

ffxv.jpg

Friendship: I'm only a few hours in and I can see how much this game is built around the friendship of the four protagonists. You got everything from idle chit-chat on car rides to the willingness to stand shoulder to shoulder in fights. Will their bonds be strong enough to take them to the very end when everything is on the line?

uc4.jpg

Relationship: I picked a game that explores a number of different relationships. I particularly like the marriage aspects where he struggles with complacency, screws up his relationship with lies, and has to reconcile it later on. The story also explores brotherhood, friendships gone wrong, his father figure, etc. It can probably be used for many different ships, depending on which characters you focus on. 

mafia.jpg

BONUS: I'm going to make Thomas Burke, the leader of the Irish Mob, my main lieutenant and give him control of all the rackets and districts. By doing that, I will pop the "Just You and Me" trophy. Sal Marcano messed with the wrong guys for sure!

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

This sounds fun and I'd like to join.  Not sure on all my titles yet, but have a few already:

Companionship: Journey - Well, a few others are picking this, so it seems like a good pick so we can all work together as companions to 100% it as well.

Partnership: Final Fantasy XIII - Definitely seems like a good pick because the party is pretty much a bunch of people who ended up with a similar crappy fate just by all being in the same place at the same time. Plus it's a lengthy grind that even if I'm playing it off and on now, I won't accidentally finish before this starts, but should be able to finish before the event ends with how much I've finished so far.

Friendship: Sen no Kiseki III - The whole game is about the bonds of friendship and the sorts of things they can do together that they couldn't do alone.  Even the battle system focuses on teamwork and being able to work together.  I know I have most of the trophies in this one, but I still have one full playthrough left in it even after I finish my current one and even my current run may take most of the remainder of this month to finish because I'm trying to finish on the hardest difficulty.

Relationship: Sora no Kiseki FC Evo - The game is about a pair of adopted siblings coming of age pretty much and learning more about their relationship and the world around them.

Irish: Time and Eternity - Well, it has weird time magic, doing weird favors for people out of the blue and some of the markers are clovers (well, clubs, but you get the picture), lots of green as well.  Yeah, I had no idea and this is a decent enough pick since it's not as insanely long and grindy as some of my other picks.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

I've been looking forward to this so you can definitely count me in! :) I may pick a bonus game if I think I'll have enough time, as I have a couple of big games on my list. Thanks for doing another event, I was gutted I couldn't do the Christmas one :(!

Here are my picks:

Companionship:

Image result for skyrim

I started this last year but after a crash on my PS4, I lost all of the save data for this. So this would be a great chance to get back into it again and actually finish it this time. Skyrim tells the story of a person that becomes the Dragonborn and then has to use that gift to save the world from Alduin. This game features companions that drop in from time to time and also allows you to pick and choose which companions you take with you on your journey. 

Partnership:

Image result for sonic forces

This will be for the Xbox One so progress for this can be checked on my TrueAchievements page through the achievement card in my signature. Sonic has to team up with Knuckles, Tails and a new character that is created by me, to fight the evil Doctor Eggman and save the world. They have the option to partner up with whoever they choose in this game and I think this one could possibly be count for a lot of the SHIPS but I'll leave it in this one.

Friendship:

Image result for yooka laylee

This is another one for the Xbox One. Yooka and Laylee are buddys that team up to embark on an epic adventure to save their world. It even says on the back of the game box that they are friends so I can't really say anymore about this haha! :P 

Relationship:

Image result for kingdom hearts 1

And last but by no means least, Kingdom Hearts 1. Now I've picked this for the Relationship category as Donald and Goofy embark on a journey with Sora but they are just with him as a partner and so they can fulfill King Mickey's wishes. But as the game progresses, I found that there relationship develops into something quite lovely and they all end up becoming brothers rather than just a partnership which is why I've chosen it. Also I love the relationship between Sora and his friends, Riku and Kairi and that too, develops into something a lot more meaningful and special. 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, CjShai said:

Ahhh great to see FFXV getting some play. Just wait till you get that cutscene with Pronto and Noctis sitting on the roof of the hotel joking around postcoital. Just magic.

Oh geez lol! I haven't heard about this scene but I have heard that there is some blurred lines between Noctis and one of the boys.

• Like 1

Yay another event by Toogie53... Count me in, i choose these games:

1. Companionship: Dishonored (PS3) (Plat: 43%)

Mc897de.png

The silent assassin Corvo gets supernatural powers by a strange (divine?) being named the Outsider to fight against a conspiricy that he would have killed the Empress... Every now and then the Outsider appears before Corvo to make him stronger...

I played through this game and i think it's brilliant... there are so many different ways to accomplish a goal as you hardly see in videogames...

2. Partnership: Resident Evil 0 HD (30%)

M8f7bb9.png

Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen are in great danger as a zombie plague affects all the people in the train in which those two are. Although Coen is accused of being a murderer Rebecca realises that only together they can survive the horrors around them...

I'm in the middle of my 1st playthrough and i already gave up playing blind :D ... couldn't figure how to solve all puzzles without help...

3. Friendship: Bleach Soul Resurrección (69%)

Md31e1c.png

Ichigo Kurosaki and his friends need to fight against Sosuke Aizen and his army to protect the worlds of the Living and the Dead. Ichigo attacks the hideout of his enemy to rescue his best friend Inoue Orihime (which he loves but doesn't acknowledge yet).

A great game copying one of my favorite Animes to a very high degree (this game lets you play a good part of the anime) but damn this is a grindy game to get all trophies... i have most of the trophies already but wouldn't be surprised to delve another 50 hours into this game...

4. Relationship: Bioshock 2 (PS3) (Plat: 88%, total: 69%)

Mc93e5d.png

In the city below the watersurface mankind was promised a new and better world... but soon it turns around to be just another corrupted and violent city... in this harsh environment the Little Sisters collect as many ADAM as they can - protected by a strong partner - the Big Daddy.Only together they can fight against this mad world...

I think it's just the 2nd best game in the series but fits with a Dad - Daughter relationship perfectly. I gladly will go through Rapture another time soon :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Not sure of a good pick for companionship and irish though.  I have Journey and haven't touched it, so I could pick that one if it came down to it and would be open to a boosting session for the co-op trophies, but have no ideas for the irish one among the games I own or even stuff I'd be interested in buying.

If its not clear by the "distinct lack of potatoes" line, you can pick pretty much anything for your bonus game and I am just encouraging the Irish theme and not insisting on it.

There is one badge for doing all the four relationship-based categories and then a second badge for the bonus game. But you have to have the first badge to earn the second. It doesn't matter which order you complete them in though.

The first badge will probably look like a boat with a heart on it and the bonus will be like a clover or a leprechaun hat or something like that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

If its not clear by the "distinct lack of potatoes" line, you can pick pretty much anything for your bonus game and I am just encouraging the Irish theme and not insisting on it.

There is one badge for doing all the four relationship-based categories and then a second badge for the bonus game. But you have to have the first badge to earn the second. It doesn't matter which order you complete them in though.

The first badge will probably look like a boat with a heart on it and the bonus will be like a clover or a leprechaun hat or something like that.

Cool, then if I don't end up needing Time and Eternity as a backup for relationship, I'll do that one and if I think of nothing else for companionship I'll run with Journey too and we can help each other with those trophies.

• Like 1

Not joined an event before but count me in. I’ll add my game picks soon. 

-donut

1. Companionship: Never Alone

L70382a.png

The journey of Nuna and Fox as they search for the source of an eternal blizzard.

Every now and then I see this one in my unfinished backlog and needed the push to finish it up.

2. Partnership: Adventures of Mana (VITA)

L25922c.png

Can't wait to dive into this game on the VITA. Just grabbed it for a good price recently too.

3. Friendship: Yooka-Laylee (PS4)

Ld505fc.png

Started on this the other night and it really does bring back memories of Banjo-Kazooie. Great little platformer heavy on the collectables.

4. Relationship: Duck Dynasty (PS4)

L2e7071.png

Obviously this game is based around the family relationship of the Robertsons and you play as John Luke (Willies son) learning to become one of the Robertson men. Can't say Id recommend this game but I started it years ago and should finish and bin it...

5, Bonus Game: Burly Men at Sea

Lca7015.png

Changed my bonus game to Burly Men at Sea. Not technically Irish but its pretty close and the one dude has a red beard.... Just sayin.

Not sure why my images dont show up. They were there on my edit and disappeared after posting. :huh:

Thanks to @Evil_Joker88 I got images to work finally.

Edited by donut_plz

16 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

BONUS: BE IRISH!- This is one where I will be very lenient. Play a game where you do anything remotely related to Ireland. Find a leprechaun, sing tavern songs, be very green, find a four-leaf clover, dance a jig, meet someone with a last name like O'somethingorother, or even a game with a severe lack potatoes. The more Irish the better. 

Too bad I didn't make my moniker Max Kinsella. :D (If anyone knows the reference, I salute you.)

I'm always up for a Toogie event! I'm out right now, but I'll provide a list in a bit :)

EDIT: Okay, so here are my games~

Companionship: Journey (47%)

This game is really perfect for companionship. You may have the same goal as the people you run into, but like mentioned before, there's no real communication involved besides noises. I just hope I can stick with someone the entire game, I've had the PS4 version crash me out of the game at the last level, and I think it's happened to a few of my partners too :(

Partnership: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (57%)

A game based in WWI that shows some cooperation between many people all across Europe. I'm in the middle of it right now, and I think that while the characters all have a strong friendship I think that the circumstances makes it much like a partnership as well.

Friendship: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (92%)

A group of online friends meeting each other irl and going on an adventure because of course. I only have post game stuff to do, but it's all incredibly grindy so I'm not sure how much of a chance I have to completely finish the game. Also, I need to finish it anyway since the sequel came out pretty recently :)

Relationship: Final Fantasy X (3%)

Because of course. If you know anything about FF, then you know about the Tidus/Yuna relationship. I beat this baby back in the PS2 era, so I only installed it to see the Eternal Calm interquel, and I've been stuck at 3% since then. This event is the perfect excuse to revisit the first FF game I ever beat :)

Irish BONUS: Dragon Age: Inquisition (88%)

It's been a hot minute since I played DAI, but I'm sure someone had an Irish accent in there. Also the tears in the fade or whatever were green. I just need my Insanity playthrough. Please pray for me, I've never done an Insanity playthrough of a DA game.

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 1

On 20.1.2018 at 8:22 PM, donut_plz said:

Not sure why my images dont show up. They were there on my edit and disappeared after posting. :huh:

I had troubles too. This worked for me: looking at my trophy list, rightclick on an image and i chose copy link of image. Then paste it in my comment and voila!

Edited by Evil_Joker88

After all the fun had during the Christmas event I'd very much like to sign up for this one. I have no Idea what my list is going to be at this point. My backlog kinda exploded after I got my PS4 for Xmas, thanks to PS+. So I'll update in a few days after I get a good look at what I have available.

I would like to suggest The Saboteur for PS3 as a bonus game for anyone who hasn't played it yet. It is a decent sandbox game where you play as an Irish race car driver in 1940s Nazi occupied France. For some reason when I read the description for the bonus this was the first thing that I thought of.

I have thought about a game for the Irish/Green extra category:

Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space (NA)

M8f84f5.png

This game is made of green, there's hardly any other color to be found :D

Even though i played through it already (EU Version) i can only assume the story is about mankind fighting against aliens but it's not easy to tell...

Hey Toogie; it would be a pleasure to take part in another of your events.

I'll be in Mexico for a week though so I don't know if I'll be able complete every game.

But I'll still try!

1. COMPANIONSHIP - Amy 4/12 33%

Though the premise of Amy is similar to The Last of Us, the protagonists really lack any sense of a close relationship (maybe due to bad writing). If I remember correctly, it is more of a babysitter/babysat situation.

2. PARTNERSHIP - Guardians of the Galaxy -  6/31 20%

3. FRIENDSHIP -  Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - 0/33 0% 

4. RELATIONSHIP - Bionic Commando 5/50 7%

The main character is looking for his wife throughout the game. However, it turns out his wife was converted into his bionic arm because, in-universe, bionics parts need to be emotionally in sync with their host. So, in a sense, their relationship is the foundation of both gameplay mechanics and story.

Let me know what you think of my choices!

I'll see if I can think of anything for the bonus.

• Like 1

I would like to join too and here are my games:

1. COMPANIONSHIP - Metro Last Light Redux

Lb20f8b.png

2. PARTNERSHIP - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

L0249eb.png

3. FRIENDSHIP - LEGO Marvel's Avengers

L5508b1.png

4. RELATIONSHIP - Lollipop Chainsaw

L79ba0c.png

5. BONUS: BE IRISH! - Mafia 3

L152065.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

As I keep failing at these challenges I might sit this one out, but I can still offer options for others.

The Little Acre is a fantastic Relationship game and also fits the Irish theme as the game is set in Ireland and made by Irish developers.

You're fine. I appreciate you contributing to the events even if you're not finishing the games.

11 hours ago, masaru-san said:

Hey Toogie; it would be a pleasure to take part in another of your events.

I'll be in Mexico for a week though so I don't know if I'll be able complete every game.

But I'll still try!

1. COMPANIONSHIP - Amy 4/12 33%

Though the premise of Amy is similar to The Last of Us, the protagonists really lack any sense of a close relationship (maybe due to bad writing). If I remember correctly, it is more of a babysitter/babysat situation.

2. PARTNERSHIP - Guardians of the Galaxy -  6/31 20%

3. FRIENDSHIP -  Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - 0/33 0% 

4. RELATIONSHIP - Bionic Commando 5/50 7%

The main character is looking for his wife throughout the game. However, it turns out his wife was converted into his bionic arm because, in-universe, bionics parts need to be emotionally in sync with their host. So, in a sense, their relationship is the foundation of both gameplay mechanics and story.

Let me know what you think of my choices!

I'll see if I can think of anything for the bonus.

Those sound fine. Bionic Commando's premise is way different than I thought, but it makes sense why you pick it given the explanation. I also have a weird thing affecting me. My daughter is doing a science fair project and it involves videogames and hand-eye coordination. So she is placing limits on my game time to gather data for the next few weeks. So I'm unsure if I'll be able to finish what I planned. Mexico sounds way more fun though. I hope you have a good time.

• Like 1