The Love Boat

Hey hey, Definitely keen for this. My games will most likely change before the event but I'm thinking

1. COMPANIONSHIP -  Fallout 4 - 13%

Like you said in the OP, companions join in as you go through the game some with similar goals to yours some with different.

2. PARTNERSHIP - Mass Effect: Andromeda - 91%

Group of People coming together to work towards their goal, Really could have been used for most of these themes but I'm gonna use it for this one

3. FRIENDSHIP -  Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - 6%

This is the one that worries me as it will be a long plat, but I think I can get it done. A trio of friends working through a dreamy tower looking for more of their friends, (Bonus it will make @Kent10201 happy if I actually finish one of the Kingdom hearts games)

4. RELATIONSHIP - Assassin's Creed Origins - 4%

I've only played a bit of this so far but Bayek's wife has featured quite a bit so I'd think it fits.

5. Bonus - Borderlands 2 - 19%

There is an Irish gang in a few of the side quests.

This list has a lot longer games than my Christmas list so it might be a struggle to get them done but we will see.

• Like 4

There is some room for me? If yes, please put me onto this ship. :lol:

Companionship: Journey - I still don't know why I haven't played this game before... Anyway, we already have some companions in this thread...

Partnership: MLB The Show 17 - groups of people pursuing the Commissioner's Trophy/World Series...

Friendship: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS4) - easily confused with Partnership, there are some strong friendship bonds also;

Relationship: Hatoful Boyfriend - for Valentine's...

Irish-ip: MXGP 2 - why not put the Ireland flag at the top of the podium?

It will be good: all my listed games are games that I wanted to start soon...

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 1

Went ahead and edited my original post and I'll go with Journey for companionship since it seems there's a few of us who can work together for those trophies and since I'm probably not going to need a backup for Sora no Kiseki FC Evo, I'll put Time and Eternity as the bonus.  Actually now I'm a bit more concerned about accidentally finishing Sen no Kiseki III early since I finished the playthrough on the hardest difficulty last night, but having done that makes for a good spot to take a break on it and it should be an easy one to finish off at least with me only having 5 trophies left (though one is for a complex card mini game and the game is in Japanese, which means this will be fun to figure out).

1 hour ago, JoaoQuique said:

There is some room for me? If yes, please put me onto this ship. :lol:

There are still some openings. Ill get you added. Good picks. I think these are the first sports games in one of my events.

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Actually now I'm a bit more concerned about accidentally finishing Sen no Kiseki III early since I finished the playthrough on the hardest difficulty last night, but having done that makes for a good spot to take a break on it and it should be an easy one to finish off at least with me only having 5 trophies left (though one is for a complex card mini game and the game is in Japanese, which means this will be fun to figure out).

That does sound like a good stopping point and figuring out a card game in another language sounds tough. Good luck!

Edited by Toogie53

I would like to join in on this.

Companionship: MeiQ (EN) (You form contracts with guardians, who, with one exception, have to be fought before they can be recruited. This is probably the iffiest one since I have admittedly never read the story for this because I usually just play DRPGs for the gameplay :P)

Partnership: Hyperdimension Neptunia (Korean) (While it does evolve into friendship over time, the main trio starts off as partners and when the goddesses join your party on the True Ending path, it's out of a shared interest to bring down Arfoire and knowledge that you are worthy of cooperating with them)

Friendship: Cyberdimension Neptunia (NA) (The CPUs are friends playing a game together)

Relationship: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (Korean) (They're trying to save their sisters and stuff)

Yes, I have managed to make the entire list out of weeb games I wanted to play anyway, and all by Compile Heart (or at least based off their franchise in the case of the Tamsoft-developed Cyberdimension) to boot. :awesome:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I would like to join in on this.

Companionship: MeiQ (EN) (You form contracts with guardians, who, with one exception, have to be fought before they can be recruited. This is probably the iffiest one since I have admittedly never read the story for this because I usually just play DRPGs for the gameplay :P)

Partnership: Hyperdimension Neptunia (Korean) (While it does evolve into friendship over time, the main trio starts off as partners and when the goddesses join your party on the True Ending path, it's out of a shared interest to bring down Arfoire and knowledge that you are worthy of cooperating with them)

Friendship: Cyberdimension Neptunia (NA) (The CPUs are friends playing a game together)

Relationship: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (Korean) (They're trying to save their sisters and stuff)

Yes, I have managed to make the entire list out of weeb games I wanted to play anyway, and all by Compile Heart (or at least based off their franchise in the case of the Tamsoft-developed Cyberdimension) to boot. :awesome:

I see Hyperdimension and Cyberdimension Neptunia mentioned all the time on this site. Are they super good? I do enjoy a good weeb game

19 hours ago, PermaFox said:

I'm packed and ready to go!  Can't wait to set sail! 1f576.png1f392.png1f6a2.png

Me too. I have the games all downloaded and installed and ready. I'm just stalling by playing short things in between. Right now, the Batman game from PS plus, after that I'll probably try the Back to the Future one again, but I was not really enjoying it the first time I tried it. However, tonight, I will be making the bonus gnarwhal badge from the last event and getting it sent out those that earned it. I've been stalling on it for too long. 

7 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Is there room for one more?  My idea for games would be:

Companionship: Never Alone

Partnership: Psycho Pass

Friendship: Uncharted The Lost Legacy

Relationship: Trine 2

Bonus: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Yup! I was pretty sure you were planning to join. I'm happy to have ya!

• Like 2

I think im going to join this, i had a lot of fun doing the elves event! (still have to put my badge in my signature :))

I just have one question... Im currently playing AC Syndicate, and it would fit the category with siblings as example pretty good... Would it be considered cheating if i continued playing now, and only keeping one trophy unearned which ill then get when the event is active?

Ok, i gave it a little bit of thought and have come up with a preliminary list :)

COMPANIONSHIP

Lfd0311.png

Beyond: Two Souls

Im not quite sure if this fits, but i know that there is some kind of ghost/guardian spirit accompanying the main character. I avoid spoilers, so i dont know what kind of relationship it is exactly, so if somebody thinks it doesnt fit the category, just say so and i'll think of something else.

PARTNERSHIP

L78ca45.png

Alternative:

L785e98.png

Should both fit the category

FRIENDSHIP

L827e0a.png

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

RELATIONSHIP

L986c13.png

Alternative:

4VDzi2F.jpg

Both games about siblings. I first thought about doing AC Syndicate, but seeing as im playing it right now and almost at 100%, i'll probably do Brothers.

BONUS: BE IRISH!

L21c1d7.png

I literally know nothing about this game other than its a point and click adventure and apparently a quick and easy Platinum. But somebody here mentioned it fits the category, and i have it on my backlog, so ill take it :)

(All of this is of course only relevant if there is still a space open for me!)

Edited by gernboes

So my game choices will be as follow:

COMPANIONSHIP:

L70382a.png

An arctic kid accompanied by the spirits of Inuit folklore. (Will be finishing the DLC for this contest)

PARTNERSHIP:

L8fa1f8.png

Two detectives working together to stop crimes.

FRIENDSHIP:

L31d2ef.png

A group of friends working together to save Halloween.

RELATIONSHIP:

L937613.png

Finding a soulmate that transcends race and species.

BE IRISH:

L5fafa9.png

(The Saboteur)

A WWII game starring an Irish protagonist.

Edited by ArtikSkarab

7 hours ago, gernboes said:

I think im going to join this, i had a lot of fun doing the elves event! (still have to put my badge in my signature :))

I just have one question... Im currently playing AC Syndicate, and it would fit the category with siblings as example pretty good... Would it be considered cheating if i continued playing now, and only keeping one trophy unearned which ill then get when the event is active?

I think this is fine to do for a game or two. I stopped working on the games in my list as soon as I decided I'd add them to the event, but this is just a personal preference. I'd be a little annoyed if someone had their entire list pre-staged and popped everything on day one. But it's because I want to see people discuss things and give updates on progress etc. To me that's what the events are about. I give pretty short notice on the events and I think my categories would be hard to predict, so I don't think someone having everything pre-staged will actually be a problem. 

@ArtikSkarab Got you added. I like your game choices. Hatoful Boyfriend is a pretty funny choice. Your description of it made me smile a bit. The DLC for Never Alone is really short (Like 30-45 mins). I don't have a problem with you picking it. I just thought I'd point it out in case you wanted something more meaty for the event. 

Edited by Toogie53

Oh this ones a toughy. I just got back from my boyfriends on Saturday then worked a 10 hour shift Sunday. I've been sleeping a lot.. :P I can think of two games (cuz a third I legit just 100% on Tuesday; not seeing this till now -.-" ). Not sure about that game now or if I'll be able to find/knock out games for this one. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Oh this ones a toughy. I just got back from my boyfriends on Saturday then worked a 10 hour shift Sunday. I've been sleeping a lot.. :P I can think of two games (cuz a third I legit just 100% on Tuesday; not seeing this till now -.-" ). Not sure about that game now or if I'll be able to find/knock out games for this one. 

Oh that sucks. Minecraft Story Mode would have for sure worked. Also, you don't need to have your whole game list up front. If you want to join, you can just post the one or two you feel good about and decide on the rest later. 

50 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Oh that sucks. Minecraft Story Mode would have for sure worked. Also, you don't need to have your whole game list up front. If you want to join, you can just post the one or two you feel good about and decide on the rest later. 

That is great!  Since PS Blog lets us know what games will be free on January 31 for PS+ in February, it will give players a few more games to pick from!

Edited by Lorajet
  • Like 2

@Toogie53 Count me in. I'll get a full list posted soon. Here are the couple I thought of:

1. COMPANIONSHIP - Monster Hunter World

2. PARTNERSHIP - N/A

3. FRIENDSHIP - N/A

4. RELATIONSHIP - Uncharted 4

What ever else I pick could be subject to change. I have a ton of games to go through and some I'm not even sure what they're about yet. Plus like Lorajet said, might be something in PS Plus next month that would fit one of the criteria for everyone.

• Like 2

Ok, i think i have decided on my list

COMPANIONSHIP

La50f02.png

I just remembered i wanted to play this soon anyway, because the servers are going offline in June or so, and you suddenly getting your powers from a mysterious cat which then becomes more or less your pet fits this category nicely, i think!

PARTNERSHIP

L78ca45.png

FRIENDSHIP

L827e0a.png

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

RELATIONSHIP

4VDzi2F.jpg

BONUS: BE IRISH!

L21c1d7.png