The Love Boat

3 hours ago, donut_plz said:

@xMissFantasy Im sure you can get a few more games together. If you're anything like me you can find plenty just in your backlog. :lol:

On a side note you got a great list of plats going and congrats on being in top 200 in Canada. Id be happy with breaking into the top 5000 this year.

Haha thanks :P I'll be scrimping through my massive backlog and it's funny because I'm going out to EB (Game Stop) right now to preorder Monster Hunter and check out what used games my store has. Hopefully I'll come back with something lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

Haha thanks :P I'll be scrimping through my massive backlog and it's funny because I'm going out to EB (Game Stop) right now to preorder Monster Hunter and check out what used games my store has. Hopefully I'll come back with something lol

I do admit getting lost in the Gamestop store.......!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

So, I came back with three games for PS3, PS4 and Xbox. AND I also, by a freaking fluke, came back with an SNES Mini! :D<3  It was their only one and I could NOT pass that up.

Nice! I'm still keeping my eye out for a SNES mini myself. I've never seen them in stock. Even on launch day when I lined up for it, they were sold out before I made it into the store.

13 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Oh, didn't realize the DLC was that short, my bad. I'll then change my companionship pick.

Lde92f0.png

(Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom)

A boy and a golem-like creature work together to fix the world

I have not heard of this one. That screen shot looks intriguing.  

17 hours ago, gernboes said:

Ok, i think i have decided on my list

COMPANIONSHIP

La50f02.png

I just remembered i wanted to play this soon anyway, because the servers are going offline in June or so, and you suddenly getting your powers from a mysterious cat which then becomes more or less your pet fits this category nicely, i think!

I haven't heard about that server shut down. Is that just for the original Gravity Rush or is it GR2 or GR Remastered. Are there trophies related to online play? It's always kind of been on my "one day" list. I'll definitely want to squeeze it in soon if there are online trophies.

Edited by Toogie53

14 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Oh, didn't realize the DLC was that short, my bad. I'll then change my companionship pick.

Lde92f0.png

(Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom)

A boy and a golem-like creature work together to fix the world

That is a Bandai game, isn't it?  Looks intriguing and now I might have to get it!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I haven't heard about that server shut down. Is that just for the original Gravity Rush or is it GR2 or GR Remastered. Are there trophies related to online play? It's always kind of been on my "one day" list. I'll definitely want to squeeze it in soon if there are online trophies.

There are no online trophies. I believe the online just lets you get cosmetics. 

37 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

No online trophies, no! Just costumes and i think furniture to unlock by challenging other players. Initially the shutdown was scheduled for januar 18th, but it has been delayed until july. 

And its only for GR2, i dont think there was any online functionality in the first one... 

7 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Oh for those that were interested because I mentioned putting together a presentation for a promotion. I had my interview yesterday. It lasted about two and a half hours. I feel like it went really well, but I probably have 2-3 weeks of waiting before I'll know more. I was the first candidate interviewed and they have a lot of people applying. I did some cool stuff with our sales data that gave insight on things that they weren't even looking at before. I had to send the Powerpoint out to the interview panel beforehand so they could prepare questions etc. Before the meeting even began, people from the panel were asking me to help them get that kind of report made for their areas. So I think it will take a unicorn with two horns to overcome me. We will see. Nothing to do but wait at this point. 

You mean the ever elusive bicorn? ?

And congratulations. Sounds like you killed the competition.

9 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Oh for those that were interested because I mentioned putting together a presentation for a promotion. I had my interview yesterday. It lasted about two and a half hours. I feel like it went really well, but I probably have 2-3 weeks of waiting before I'll know more. I was the first candidate interviewed and they have a lot of people applying. I did some cool stuff with our sales data that gave insight on things that they weren't even looking at before. I had to send the Powerpoint out to the interview panel beforehand so they could prepare questions etc. Before the meeting even began, people from the panel were asking me to help them get that kind of report made for their areas. So I think it will take a unicorn with two horns to overcome me. We will see. Nothing to do but wait at this point. 

Nice job Toogie. Hard part is the waiting but sounds like you raised the bar for the rest. Good luck!

Ok. I think I have a solid list now (depending on how long it takes to platinum them), things could change to accommodate the events time and what ever my hours are at work.

COMPANIONSHIP - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 

PARTNERSHIP -  Wheels of Aurelia

FRIENDSHIP - Monster Hunter: World

RELATIONSHIP - Uncharted 4

• Like 1

I've been playing The Deadly Tower of Monsters a bit and think its pretty fun. The ending was a bit strange though and I think it could have been better if they just left it as a simple boss fight. Anyway, posting here because its a good one for the partners category. Some of you may have it already since it was on PS Plus about a year ago. Its kind of cheesy but its short enough to not wear out its welcome. I think I'm under six hours of game time on it and just have some collectibles to clean up for the platinum.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I've been playing The Deadly Tower of Monsters a bit and think its pretty fun. The ending was a bit strange though and I think it could have been better if they just left it as a simple boss fight. Anyway, posting here because its a good one for the partners category. Some of you may have it already since it was on PS Plus about a year ago. Its kind of cheesy but its short enough to not wear out its welcome. I think I'm under six hours of game time on it and just have some collectibles to clean up for the platinum.

That is a good idea and I forgot about that game!  Might trade that one for Psycho Pass.....

15 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Right, might as well join this.

spends six hours trying to find a suitable title for Companionship and Relationship through his current line-up, finds bupkis.

NVM. :(

Aww sad. I have such a huge backlog that I usually am having trouble deciding which of many games I want to get out of my hair. I don't know how often you buy games, but you can start without a full list and add games during the contest to fill it out. No pressure. Just letting you know you don't need a full list to join up.

So I think I'm going to change one of my games, if that's alright. I'm going to change Sonic Forces to LEGO City Undercover as I think it fits the Partnership a lot better as Chase has professional partnerships with his colleagues. Plus I don't really fancy playing Sonic Forces now as I fancy playing something simple, especially after the grind of Skyrim that I'm currently doing :). So my new list is as follows;

Companionship: Skyrim

Partnership: LEGO City Undercover

Friendship: Yooka-Laylee

Relationship: Kingdom Hearts 1

• Like 1