The Love Boat

10 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I have been planning out my games but still can't figure out one for Partners :(

If you have PS Plus, I can think of a few games from that in the past year. Let me know if you want suggestions. Another thing I like to do is filter my games on this site by "completion not 100% or platinum" and just look through things, I started and didn't finish. I generally do not trade games, so I have almost everything on my list still playable. There are some things that I don't ever plan to play again though. Unfortunately, we can only delete 0% games. 

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

If you have PS Plus, I can think of a few games from that in the past year. Let me know if you want suggestions. Another thing I like to do is filter my games on this site by "completion not 100% or platinum" and just look through things, I started and didn't finish. I generally do not trade games, so I have almost everything on my list still playable. There are some things that I don't ever plan to play again though. Unfortunately, we can only delete 0% games. 

I have some ideas but I guess I am having trouble with Companion and Partner. 

The idea I had for Partner was Magrunner as you have that thing that tells you what to do and guides you through the puzzle...but is that more Companion or Partner? Because I was going to do Demon's Souls for companion because you have several companions through out that game. 

All I can say is my pick for Irish game is awesome :D I was very pleased with myself when I thought of it (but I will keep it a secret until I plat it).

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I have some ideas but I guess I am having trouble with Companion and Partner. 

The idea I had for Partner was Magrunner as you have that thing that tells you what to do and guides you through the puzzle...but is that more Companion or Partner? Because I was going to do Demon's Souls for companion because you have several companions through out that game. 

All I can say is my pick for Irish game is awesome :D I was very pleased with myself when I thought of it (but I will keep it a secret until I plat it).

I don't know a lot about Magrunner, but from what I've seen it does seem more like companion than partner. But if it's like Destiny's Ghosts where it enables abilities or hacks terminals for you etc., there's a valid argument to be made that those could fall into either the companion or partner categories. If you're not sure, I think just put it in your list anyway and you can let us know as you progress whether or not you think it's a good or bad pick. If it turns out it doesn't fit the category well, it doesn't invalidate it as a game choice for the event. I mean, a lot of us are guessing or going by a game's reputation for our own picks. So I think it could work out for any of us that a game didn't match a category like we had hoped. 

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I don't know a lot about Magrunner, but from what I've seen it does seem more like companion than partner. But if it's like Destiny's Ghosts where it enables abilities or hacks terminals for you etc., there's a valid argument to be made that those could fall into either the companion or partner categories. If you're not sure, I think just put it in your list anyway and you can let us know as you progress whether or not you think it's a good or bad pick. If it turns out it doesn't fit the category well, it doesn't invalidate it as a game choice for the event. I mean, a lot of us are guessing or going by a game's reputation for our own picks. So I think it could work out for any of us that a game didn't match a category like we had hoped. 

I haven't played Destiny but the Magrunner guy acts as a tutorial almost. He gives clues and teaches you how to use your glove item to solve the puzzles.

• Like 1

@Toogie53,m I'm going to shuffle around my games a bit before we start if that's ok, I'm going to swap Mass Effect to Friendship, and Replace my Partnership Game with Psychopass Mandatory Happiness. so that gives me

1. COMPANIONSHIP -  Fallout 4 - 13%

2. PARTNERSHIP - Psychopass Mandatory Happiness

3. FRIENDSHIP -  Mass Effect: Andromeda - 91%

4. RELATIONSHIP - Assassin's Creed Origins - 4%

5. Bonus - Borderlands 2 - 19%

But yeah as @PermaFox says, I'll be checking what is on PS+ next month and may swap something again. Almost time to start :D 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 6:29 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I have been planning out my games but still can't figure out one for Partners :(

EDIT: I was seeing some othe user's PSN account, you can finish any Tales of game or more likely Shadow Of Mordor you could play Dead Nation or Journey too but those requires online use to have partners ?

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
Misleading info
  • Like 1

Okay, I think I can join this event since it's starting tomorrow. Here is my list:

Companionship: S73f8a6.png (Any Tolkienite would know about this story)

Partnership: S3e3da1.png (Looking at Ratchet joining up with the Galactic Rangers)

Friendship: Sdfee84.png (It was one of the examples, but it's an easy game to 100%)

Relationship: Sbacbd0.png (It has a sort of a romantic theme between the main and a girl ;))

Be Irish!: S967aa7.png (Because one of the obstacles is a riddling leprechaun ^_^)

For those who don't know the games the icons match, here is a text list:

Companionship: LEGO The Hobbit

Partnership: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

Friendship: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Relationship: Deponia

Be Irish!: Goosebumps The Game

Edited by CJ_Mystery

On 1/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, Toogie53 said:

Unfortunately, we can only delete 0% games.

Why do you think I have seven 'dead' accounts? If we could remove all non-finished games, I would have still been PrinnyBoy238. :( Of course, do you want to delete your progress on a game that you plan to finish? *shrug*

30 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Why do you think I have seven 'dead' accounts? If we could remove all non-finished games, I would have still been PrinnyBoy238. :( Of course, do you want to delete your progress on a game that you plan to finish? *shrug*

If I plan to finish a game, I don't mind having it on my profile. For me these are things like Dragon Age and Fallout 4. For whatever reason I started them and didn't finish but plan to eventually. Maybe when they fit a theme for one of these events. However, there are games that I played once and thought were horrible, but they give an early trophy for something like finishing a tutorial. So it's on your list forever before you ever really have a chance to make a decision on if it's good or not. These are things like Drawn to Death and Yorbie. I thought hiding games would be the answer but it appears that if you hide games most people on this site thinks you're a cheater trying to avoid a ban. 

• Like 1

Alrighty.  Here is my final, final, final list for the event!

Companionship: L70382a.png

Partnership: L8fa1f8.png

Friendship: L0091ff.png

Relationship: L0024ed.png

Bonus: L5ba7bd.png

I believe we have some singing and dancing in The Book of Unwritten Tales.  Counting down to the event!!

• Like 1

Hey all. This starts officially in a few hours. I'll be adding everyone's game's list to the main post on page 1. Lists are editable throughout the entire contest. Just let me know if you want to make a swap. I also spotted one person (@Jesaya815) that posted interest in joining and their games but I failed to add them. So I apologize for that and will add them right after I finish typing this. I think their game choices are actually very good, especially Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I'll read through everything more carefully today and make sure I haven't missed anyone else. I'll officially cap off enrollment after this weekend. So if someone out there is still interested, they can join for the next few days. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

If I plan to finish a game, I don't mind having it on my profile. For me these are things like Dragon Age and Fallout 4. For whatever reason I started them and didn't finish but plan to eventually. Maybe when they fit a theme for one of these events. However, there are games that I played once and thought were horrible, but they give an early trophy for something like finishing a tutorial. So it's on your list forever before you ever really have a chance to make a decision on if it's good or not. These are things like Drawn to Death and Yorbie. I thought hiding games would be the answer but it appears that if you hide games most people on this site thinks you're a cheater trying to avoid a ban. 

I have a tonne of hidden games, not to avoid a ban but because I can't get to a PS3 right now, I like to use the trophy suggestions on here and that was filled with games I will never play. I'd rather have the blue H than a heap of games on 1%.

With this starting soon Good luck to everyone taking part, looking forward to hearing what you think of your games :D

Yea, it is a pita to have the infamous blue H on your profile.  I have one.  Why?  Because The Witcher 3, Limbo and Broforce will not sync with PSN.  Probably because they were hidden when I replaced the HD on the PS4 and some weird ass code won't allow PSN to see them now.  I have even deleted the game saves and reloaded Broforce. Still won't sync. So, it sucks.

13 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Yea, it is a pita to have the infamous blue H on your profile.  I have one.  Why?  Because The Witcher 3, Limbo and Broforce will not sync with PSN.  Probably because they were hidden when I replaced the HD on the PS4 and some weird ass code won't allow PSN to see them now.  I have even deleted the game saves and reloaded Broforce. Still won't sync. So, it sucks.

Oh that is a weird scenario. I don't know how you recover from that. I now have two PS4s and I was wondering what would happen if I popped a trophy on both of them at different times but then synced the trophies.

Hey @Toogie53 my list on the OP is my old list :P My real list (until I change it again) is

1. COMPANIONSHIP -  Fallout 4

3. FRIENDSHIP -  Mass Effect: Andromeda

4. RELATIONSHIP - Assassin's Creed Origins

5. Bonus - Borderlands 2 

sorry for being a pain and flip flopping :)

Just now, Dessane said:

Hey @Toogie53 my list on the OP is my old list :P My real list (until I change it again) is

1. COMPANIONSHIP -  Fallout 4

3. FRIENDSHIP -  Mass Effect: Andromeda

4. RELATIONSHIP - Assassin's Creed Origins

5. Bonus - Borderlands 2 

sorry for being a pain and flip flopping :)

I actually got you updated already. I went through the thread one post at a time, so I might have posted your first list and then updated afterwards when I got to your later post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

I actually got you updated already. I went through the thread one post at a time, so I might have posted your first list and then updated afterwards when I got to your later post. 

This is why you're the best at running events :P thanks dood

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 10:46 PM, Toogie53 said:
  • Journey - 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII - 26%
  • Sen no Kiseki III - 88% (I think)
  • Sora no Kiseki FC Evo - 0%
  • Time and Eternity - 18%

Didn't know you were going to list the percentages so I'll make it easier because I totally gave romanized game names for my imports and I probably should have given the Japanese to make them easy to find in my profile.  You got Sen no Kiseki III right, it's 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III and 88%.  Sora no Kiseki FC Evo is 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution and at 61%.  Both still have one full playthrough needed for the plats despite me being pretty close in actual trophy count because everything left is pretty insanely hard and either needs an easy run to pull off, or I missed it in a previous run.  Been playing FC Evo and I pretty much am getting my butt kicked mercilessly right now.

Haha yeah... I was copying list to kind of hold spaces for people that joined without lists. I was just assuming I'd see updates later and forgot to clean up after when I didn't. 

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Didn't know you were going to list the percentages so I'll make it easier because I totally gave romanized game names for my imports and I probably should have given the Japanese to make them easy to find in my profile.  You got Sen no Kiseki III right, it's 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III and 88%.  Sora no Kiseki FC Evo is 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution and at 61%.  Both still have one full playthrough needed for the plats despite me being pretty close in actual trophy count because everything left is pretty insanely hard and either needs an easy run to pull off, or I missed it in a previous run.  Been playing FC Evo and I pretty much am getting my butt kicked mercilessly right now.

Thank you for the translation!