Crash 2 Time Trials Rage

So I know it’s probably bc I haven’t mastered time trials for levels in crash 2 yet, but I have platinumed crash 1 and completed the stormy ascent DLC. 

I just want to say how stupid it is that you have to complete a time trial in crash 2 by jumping on the transport platform at the very end of each level INSTEAD of just entering the doors to the end of the level (i.e. where you get an unlocked clear gem, etc.) Aren’t the ending doors the safe zone for the end of the level?? So shouldn’t the time stop there upon entering the doors? Why do we have to run what seems like 5 extra seconds just to jump on the platform when you already completed the entire level and it’s challenges? 

I know people agree with me on this. 

Let me know folks. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 20/01/2018 at 6:04 AM, Seskinator said:

So I know it’s probably bc I haven’t mastered time trials for levels in crash 2 yet, but I have platinumed crash 1 and completed the stormy ascent DLC. 

I just want to say how stupid it is that you have to complete a time trial in crash 2 by jumping on the transport platform at the very end of each level INSTEAD of just entering the doors to the end of the level (i.e. where you get an unlocked clear gem, etc.) Aren’t the ending doors the safe zone for the end of the level?? So shouldn’t the time stop there upon entering the doors? Why do we have to run what seems like 5 extra seconds just to jump on the platform when you already completed the entire level and it’s challenges? 

I know people agree with me on this. 

Let me know folks. 

Have you thought that if the timer stopped at the moment you cross the door, the times needed for relics also decrease, right?

Guess it wouldn’t change it’s difficulty at all. They’re the same layout in all areas, so you just need to run and jump a little bit more...

• Like 4

On 9/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, TurtlePM said:

Have you thought that if the timer stopped at the moment you cross the door, the times needed for relics also decrease, right?

Guess it wouldn’t change it’s difficulty at all. They’re the same layout in all areas, so you just need to run and jump a little bit more...

Wow I posted this a WHILE ago. I got the plat on all Crash games and yeah I discovered the slide jump trick makes things much easier in Crash 2 and 3. 

It is very true though that once you platinum and complete all trials in Crash 1, you will be golden for Crash 2 and 3, especially if you got the gold relic on Stormy Ascent DLC. :-D 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seskinator said:

Wow I posted this a WHILE ago. I got the plat on all Crash games and yeah I discovered the slide jump trick makes things much easier in Crash 2 and 3. 

It is very true though that once you platinum and complete all trials in Crash 1, you will be golden for Crash 2 and 3, especially if you got the gold relic on Stormy Ascent DLC. :-D 

I noticed that when I replied :D

as you can see, it is possible :D the only problem with these time trials is that you really need to understand some mechanics in the game that aren’t mentioned anywhere (even the PS1 manual hasn’t any info about this), like you said, slide and jump+spin the same time to gain a boost :D without this, you can’t get the golden relic, so it never was about the time spent from the door to the portal at the end of the stage :D 

• 2 years later...

I'm halfway through the time trials, Un-bearable, as the other downwards running levels, is giving me a hard time, the icing on the cake is the last session with the half assed bear riding, almost made it to the end but I couldn't steer in time at the last electric barrier. After clearing a couple time trials I just have to quit because the game is designed so that when you get tired, obstacles are specifically placed to make you die in the most infuriating ways.

Edited by Brightblade76

2 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

the game is designed so that when you get tired, obstacles are specifically placed to make you die in the most infuriating ways.

Come on, this is not true at all :lol:

Times for the Gold Relics are more doable than it seems: watch videos of players getting the Platinum Relics and try to replicate their strategies, you will improve your times by a mile. Obviously, since you don't need the Platinum relics, you have room for various mistakes and in some levels the real issue is not the time for Gold (Which is kinda forgiving), but reaching the end of the level, so just take your time and play safe.

30 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'm doing everything blindly without walkthroughs, so far I've got gold relics in all stages on the first 3 floors, none of them took as many attempts as some levels in Crash 1, but still I can see a glimpse of the rage inducing factor I've already experienced in the first game.

If I can get platinum relics on all Crash trilogy games, you can get gold on Crash 2 lol

I've got the clear gem and gold relics on all levels up to floor 4, missing just the last floor. I must say that the Cold Hard Crash clear gem took more effort than the time trials so far, I think it's almost mandatory to get three masks thus invincibility to do the death route

As for the hardest relics, for Hangin' Out the best advice I can give is to not jump immediately on the ceiling when you have to, just run to the end of the floor and then jump, you'll be better synced to enemies movement, while for Cold Hard Crash just try to go through the death route with three masks, it takes less time than the standard route.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished the gold relics last night - overall quicker than in 1, but that may be because I am playing them back to back. A couple in the first warp room were tricky, rooms 2 and 3 were pretty easy, then a few tough ones in 4 and 5. Hangin Out was obviously tough and requires the closest to perfection out of all of the relics. Ruination was a pain solely for the rotating columns at the end. Spaced Out just felt like none of the cycles line up at all. Also, whoever decided that the nitro boxes would randomly hop needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

• Like 1