True Commitment has me feeling so numb.

ThatMuttGuy

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Have you never done any grinding in a game before? Watch some videos or listen to music as you're playing and it'll go by much faster.

Yeah, but this grind is especially boring. Normal grinding is just whatever. This grind is just eh.

I'm just going to do a couple of matches a day so I don't go crazy lol.

4 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

You're lucky you're only having to reach max level once for this trophy.  I did the MP back when this game was released, and had to prestige 3 or 4 times in order to unlock the General character, who thankfully isn't needed anymore. 

THAT was boring! 1f602.png

Jesus, I will never complain about this again lol.

3 minutes ago, Babsimabuse said:

For me it´s worse that I have to do a new playthrough mainly because of the shitty conversations I didn´t know before

I have to do that too.

• Like 1

This grind is light in comparison to a lot of others ? 2500 kills in UC2 is way worse, and you need at least 6 people to do it. The most kills you got was 10 per match at about 20 minutes per match. At least you can do this on your own. I watched a complete season of Dexter while I did it and it didn’t bother me at all.

The VR missions in MGS2 are painful and driving 1000 miles in Mafia II. Try 10002 kills in Battlefield lol and you’ll see this is eeeeeasy... ?

Fortunately with Tomb Raider you can avoid the idle kick penalty by pausing / unpausing the game.
Set the controller to turbo the Start button (or just press Start every 20 seconds) and play FFA mode all day long and just get XP from winning the match over and over while you actually play something else.

Otherwise the grind gets old. At least the prestige isn't needed anymore, phew.

Edit: The only downside is ... well Sony thinks Tomb Raider was my 2nd most played game last year at 96 hours in the 2017 recap email. At least 2/3 of that time was idle boosting the XP.

Edited by CypherNova139

5 minutes ago, CypherNova139 said:

Fortunately with Tomb Raider you can avoid the idle kick penalty by pausing / unpausing the game.
Set the controller to turbo the Start button (or just press Start every 20 seconds) and play FFA mode all day long and just get XP from winning the match over and over while you actually play something else.

Otherwise the grind gets old. At least the prestige isn't needed anymore, phew.

Edit: The only downside is ... well Sony thinks Tomb Raider was my 2nd most played game last year at 96 hours in the 2017 recap email. At least 2/3 of that time was idle boosting the XP.

Can you set up turbo on a standard PS3 controller without using a computer or anything?

23 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

-looks at the grind comparison battle-

-remembers Star Ocean 4-

-sits in a corner and cries due to PTSD resurfacing-

Fuck Star Ocean trophies lol. 

I remember playing on the 360 and completely ignoring achievements because of how ridiculous they were. I somehow have the PS3 version, but I will never put it on my profile.

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I remember playing on the 360 and completely ignoring achievements because of how ridiculous they were. I somehow have the PS3 version, but I will never put it on my profile.

If you'll live through that, though, you emerge a changed man. With one hell of a grind resistance, if not an immunity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManifestDestinee said:

Grinding for this trophy reminded me of Assassin's Creed Black Flag solo wolfpack grinding. Brutal!

This was actually fun to me. I got so good at it, that I was only 3 rounds away from winning a solo match of Wolfpack on the highest difficulty once before I ran out of time.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Just get stuck into it it’s not that bad 1f604.png watch a bit of tv and it be done in no time!

Yeah I started watching YouTube videos/listening to music and it made it much more bearable. 

21 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I think it took me like 8 hours straight to do the solo method all in one sitting

its boring but theres far worse grinds out there then this

and i did it twice, for both ps3 and ps4

No way I have the patience to do it all in one sitting. I can do like 2 hours and then I need a sanity break. 

26 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah I started watching YouTube videos/listening to music and it made it much more bearable. 

No way I have the patience to do it all in one sitting. I can do like 2 hours and then I need a sanity break. 

Yeah it was definitely not the best way to spend my day off from work

i just wanted it over and done with

like pulling off a band-aid, just dive in and go for it lol

your method seems like itll be a good way to break up the Monotony

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 9:01 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

I'm solo boosting, getting around 30K a match. I did the math, and that's around 1.6% of the total exp needed for level 60. I'm 15% of the way there and I'm already bored to tears. 

I guess by "True Commitment" they mean commitment to the platinum.

Pfft. Youngsters. Back in MY day, grinding was winning 50000 battles against a dragon in a wall for one of 300 in-game battle trophies.

Image result for Old Man yells at cloud image

• Like 2