Tips from the guy who just 100% the game.

Wellzis

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/07/2018 at 9:57 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Back up saves don't work anymore. Just tried when I was almost done with the Robot's Past and once I downloaded the save it cleared out my run.

They programmed in something that can tell if you're using a backup save.

Good. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 10:57 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Back up saves don't work anymore. Just tried when I was almost done with the Robot's Past and once I downloaded the save it cleared out my run.

I wonder how that works... hmm

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

I wonder how that works... hmm

Its some kind of weird internal program, I read about it but forgot exactly what it did. But it can detect if you use a backup save.

And I can't find any information about it now, but I swear I read something about back ups not working.

And I can guarantee you after I downloaded my uploaded save at chamber 4 it started me over at the breach instead. 

Someday I'll beat the damn robots past...

On 30.7.2018 at 11:57 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Eh, sounds kind of weird. I mean, first off, I can't imagine how they'd implement something like that. Second, I don't imagine they'd care enough to implement something like that.

Is it by any chance possible that you accidentally uploaded to the cloud instead of downloading your save?

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Eh, sounds kind of weird. I mean, first off, I can't imagine how they'd implement something like that. Second, I don't imagine they'd care enough to implement something like that.

Is it by any chance possible that you accidentally uploaded to the cloud instead of downloading your save?

I triple checked to make sure the saves were in order. I'll test it now.

Ok just I just tested it and the save backup worked and put me at floor two after downloading. 

This makes me really wonder what the hell I read and what the hell happened with my save file I uploaded. I know for a fact I saved at floor 3, then uploaded to be safe, then re downloaded it because I fucked up to be sent back to breach instead of floor 4. I checked time stamps and made sure of what I was doing. I gotta really find out what I read. Make sure if this is a thing or not or just a fluke that somehow messed up my save.

• 5 months later...
On 12/08/2018 at 7:02 PM, bruin-rocks said:

The new Advanced Gungeons and Draguns update has made this game more accessible for everyone to play, with the addition of synergies you can get some insane bonuses that make this game a walk in the park. You shouldn't need back up saves at this point. 

That's not true, RNG is still heavily relevant for this game. You can get a bunch of shitty runs before you get a good one.

On 07/08/2018 at 8:31 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Ok just I just tested it and the save backup worked and put me at floor two after downloading. 

This makes me really wonder what the hell I read and what the hell happened with my save file I uploaded. I know for a fact I saved at floor 3, then uploaded to be safe, then re downloaded it because I fucked up to be sent back to breach instead of floor 4. I checked time stamps and made sure of what I was doing. I gotta really find out what I read. Make sure if this is a thing or not or just a fluke that somehow messed up my save.

You messed something up somewhere. Backups always worked for me 100% of the time.

• 3 months later...

Right, quick question slightly on topic. 

In the Breach in the room at the top right of the stairs where you can select the challenge modifyers for the run, i can see that there are spaces for 5 NPCs, each one giving you a cup/trophy when you complete their challenge.  I have a gap in the bottom left hand side - what goes there?  I am working my way to 100% the ammonomicon - i must be missing something obvious?

the only trophy i am missing is the advanced boss one, i'm working my way onto that at the moment

Appreacate it!

Edited by chickenbaltipie

1 minute ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Right, quick question slightly on topic. 

In the Breach in the room at the top right of the stairs where you can select the challenge modifyers for the run, i can see that there are spaces for 5 NPCs, each one giving you a cup/trophy when you complete their challenge.  I have a gap in the bottom left hand side - what goes there?  I am working my way to 100% the ammonomicon - i must be missing something obvious?

Appreacate it!

That's for beating the game as gunslinger. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:57 PM, aZombieDictator said:

I don't know what your method is but I back up my data using Playstation Plus and then download it into my system if I fail to reach a achievement but so far this method has worked every time on any game I've attempted this with. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Something everyone who is thinking about starting this game should also know is that the grind for the Frifle's Challenges trophy is extrem. It took me around 25-30 hours to complete everything else, I'm quite experienced with this type of game and I had barley any difficulties, I even unlocked some of the really difficult stuff not required for the platinum. But completing most of the game rather quick is the main reason why I'm stuck now with the Frifle Challenges.  Although I tried to complete the challenges along the way, I'm nowhere near finishing all the tasks. I'm really bored since there is nothing left to do, like higher difficulties or anything, and grinding specific stages over and over again is what stops me from finishing this game... I'm talking about 10+ hours just for this gd trophy. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 30/07/2018 at 9:57 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Wrong, i'm playing it now and save scummed my way to chamber 4

• 3 months later...

Throwing this in: when you fight a character's past, you lose everything from your run except the blanks if you have more than 2 left. So if you defeat high dragun and still have 5 blanks left, you will play in the past with 5 blanks. Massive help for the boss fight

• Like 1