How are people finding this game now?

I purchased it back in 2011 i believe.. sadly never got around to it really.. glad to see online section seems to work still.  I'll have to hit up some forums to see if anyone else plays to work on online trophies.. i think i gave up on it when i kept dying on the last stage but cleared it this weekend.. so onto beating it with the other lions

The game mentions dlc? was there ever dlc? i don't recall it.. googling: the arena of doom? too bad i probably didn't buy it.. idk i'll have to go through the 900 pages of downloads on psn to see if it's there.. ps3 is terribly hard to find things to redownload

PSN profiles helped told me when first trophy was earned.. doesn't look like i have any dlc.. darn
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1005-NPUB30524_00-PS3ST_VOLTRONDEF

Edit: bought it a week later.. i'll tell my ps3 to redownload just in case

Edited by grimlockjoey

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

The unlock key doesn’t seem to show up at the bottom of the screen, just the DLC. Looks like it’s gone for good? Star Trek D-A-C was still obtainable with this method.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1005-NPEB00594_00-VOLTRONDEMO00000

EDIT: It’s still possible. Not from the web or mobile store, but from the XMB. Press Triangle on the Demo and select Purchase.

Edited by EqualityEarth
being dumb ._.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, the_real_culture said:

@EqualityEarth what region store did you get your version from?

UK store. Any region can play together with each other but beware if you use any idle controllers on extra consoles for “Five Keys” you have to keep a joystick tilted or that player will get automatically booted out of the game.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 8:41 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I wonder who actually gets the money in this case then 

Good question. The game was a THQ title, surely wasn't divested to someone else when they went bankrupt (who would pick a title involved with licenses). Nordic only picked the name, and a few franchises.

I guess Sony will pocket all, I'm sure something in their contracts will allow them to. The continued availability is clearly a error, I'm sure one of these days is going to be corrected. Or not...

Edited by cris3f

• 3 years later...

February 26, 2024 - three years after the last post and the game is still available to purchase on the PSN store.  Folks (myself included) are still playing it as it stands.

How do I find the game playing it in 2024?  It is actually decent.  The controls are surprisingly good and 'feels' current.  I had played Beyond Good and Evil and the controls with that PS2 port (to the PS3) were horrible.  Another PS2 era port that is available on PS Plus Premium is War of the Monsters - avoid this game as it is pure ASS!  Infuriatingly horrendous controls which most likely will make make you lose your mind.

So year Voltron PS3 plays like a charm.  Intuitive and if they would ever port this or remaster it for the PS5, nothing has to be changed.  Maybe the cutscenes would need to have a 4K HD remaster... we now have AI that they can use.

Edited by Eispan
... I wish I could say the same for its online part.