Looking into getting a Vita

SekTiCore

I have had my eye on the Vita for a while now. I thoroughly enjoyed the PSP back in the day and I am debating on getting the Vita. Anyone have any recommendations as far as games, accessories, or anything to point out before I purchase one? Also, I tend to enjoy classic games, so being able to get PSone and PSP games on there are a huge selling point for me as well. Thanks! :)

I'd definitely recommend getting some kinda case to help protect it (I got this off amazon & have been quite happy with it). As for games, just about all the ones I have experience with are JRPGs, so I don't know if you'd be interested in that or not (Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2, Tales of Hearts R, Persona 4, etc). :hmm: 

Oh, & there is one thing you might need to know if you use multiple accounts, the Vita can only support 1 PSN account at a time, you have to do a factory reset to switch them around (this makes it impossible to play purchased games on an account that it wasn't bought on, unlike the PS3/PS4). ?

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I'd definitely recommend getting some kinda case to help protect it (I got this off amazon & have been quite happy with it). As for games, just about all the ones I have experience with are JRPGs, so I don't know if you'd be interested in that or not (Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2, Tales of Hearts R, Persona 4, etc). :hmm: 

I love all kinds of games. Persona looks like it would be a lot of fun! That looks like a really nice case as well and very affordable. Thank you for the recommendation! I've also looked into controller like grips, what are your opinions on those?

1 hour ago, levitheavenger said:

I love all kinds of games. Persona looks like it would be a lot of fun! That looks like a really nice case as well and very affordable. Thank you for the recommendation! I've also looked into controller like grips, what are your opinions on those?

Persona 4 is probably one of the most popular games on the Vita really, if you ask for recommendations, I think 90% of the people will suggest it. xD 

I've thought about trying out the controller grips before, but I'd have to remove them each time I put the Vita back in it's case, which seems like a hassle... :P  Seems like it would be a lot more comfortable though, I guess it's depends on how much weight it'd add to it?

• Like 1

I've never had the need for grips and don't really have small hands.  My vita has always felt comfortable.   Sad thing is that you will only really be able to find Japanese styled games anymore as the US has really pulled support for the vita.  You can play a lot of cross buys and independent games for it though.  Uncharted:Golden Abyss is a pretty fun title if you enjoyed the others in the series.

• Like 1

I hear some of the grips are designed in a silly way so that they cover some of the ports on Vita, making it impossible to charge the device while the grip is attached for example. Try playing without a grip first and see if you really need one.

Not to be a debbie downer or anything, but Vita can be difficult to find physical games for and the device and its expensive proprietary memory cards suffer from quality issues I haven't encountered with other portable consoles. Other than that Vita can be a nice purchase to play some classic games on the go or to use PS4 remote play.

• Like 1

I would like to thank everyone that took the time to answer my questions and give me some advice on what to do. I have came to the conclusion that the Vita shall take its place with the rest of my PS systems! After doing some more research, I believe that for me, the pros outweigh the cons of the system. Once again, thank you all for helping me out! I really appreciate it! :)

• Like 1