Platagonist's 10 Plats May Challenge

Platagonist

Thanks a lot for reading my topic! ☺️

I've just added the 'Currently Playing' section and updated my plans for following weeks!

Burnout Paradise was actually one of my first PS3 games! ? I almost platted it in 2009, but I could not figure out Power Parking back then. ?

Sadly, I sold the game in like 2011 - it was the original non-DLC version, and I imagine it would take me a while to find it, but feel free to tell me when you are about to play it and I'll give it a shot! ?

The only trophy that's worrying me a little is :bronze: 8 players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium - I am not sure how active this game is online, but I noticed that it could also be achieved offline, so maybe it would not be that complicated. ?

@CJ_Mystery, @Zolkovo UPDATE: I added the 'Finished Games' section and reviewed both finished games, I also updated my April plans. ?

So far I am sticking to most of my goals:

30 - 40% average trophy rarity (currently at 35,65%)

>5.00 trophies per day ratio (currently at 6.00)

I also managed to finish all games as planned (except of Wipeout HD :bronze: Bling Brigade trophy preparations), but I platted Way of Redemption faster than expected, so I should now have some time to catch up! ? I am gonna start with Beach Buggy Racing today. ?️

Thanks to everyone for reading my thread! :highfive:

Hey, I noticed that you have ModNation Racers on your list. I would say try to avoid that game, as the grind is almost unbearable. However should you decide to continue with that game, I am currently trying to boost the online stuff with 6-7 other people all trying to get them as well. You're welcomed to join us if you want to :)

• Like 1

Far Cry 2, PS All-Stars Battle Royal and all 3 Uncharted MP trophies? Well, someone is going to have a busy grind time.

Good luck with that! Hope you will manage to finish you goals.

Btw., I wouldn't recommend Drawn to Death. The game is mediocore at best and there are almost no active players (not to mention some grindy trophies).

Edited by Skadoki
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I wrote some text about 'Beach Buggy Racing' and added it to the 'Currently Playing' section, I also had to update my February and March plans again because of KZ2. ?

Thanks for reading my topic, guys! :)

@GarciaFever I am planning to start playing ModNation Racers after I am done with TDU2 and possibly Far Cry 2 as well, so my estimate to start it seems like the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year, so I hope you guys will have already been done by then. ? I wish you good luck boosting! ?

@Zolkovo Thanks for reminding me, but considering that I am going just for plats and no 100% completion, having unobtainable DLC trophies is not bothering me. ;)

@Skadoki Thanks for your nice words! ? I've not studied DTD yet, but it should not be too hard to (self-)boost it. I sort of like it's trophy names as well, so I would not want to miss this UR plat. ?But it's currently not my #1 priority, so it will depend on my schedule - I might not go for it after all.  

@Platagonist So far around 3 people got the online done, with 2 of them getting the platinum.

And another game that you will like with a good ultra rare platinum is Vanquish. Third-person shooter, and the tactical challenges will give you a run for your money.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I completely changed my March plans because of my KZ back out. I would like to catch up my trophies per day ratio, considering I've really slacked during the last 10 or so days.

I also tagged a few of my friends, so that they could help me with my April plans, and added two new sections: 'Casually playing' and 'Hall of Shame'.

@GarciaFever Thanks for your suggestion, I might give it a try at some point! ? But considering that it does not include any online trophies, it won't be on my priority list for a while. 

• Like 1

That was nice to read,I will send you a PM.

Just one thing:

Wipeout 2048 - 7 online trophies (not possible to self-boost most likely, have to do more research)

Totally possible with 4xPSV (like I did). Just get the prototype ship with unlimited cannons and kill other 3 ships right at the start of the level -> next.

@Zolkovo Burnout Paradise PS3: still on my bookshelf, not even unwrapped. Any info about servers? Since PS4 version is coming, I am starting to be afraid that they will be gone...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smashero said:

@Zolkovo Burnout Paradise PS3: still on my bookshelf, not even unwrapped. Any info about servers? Since PS4 version is coming, I am starting to be afraid that they will be gone...

Amazingly, the servers are still up and smooth as ever. I'm also concerned that they might do away with the PS3 servers once the remaster comes out (there's no official word on what will happen to the servers yet) which would be a real shame as I have all the DLC too. If you're interested I could get together enough people to knock out all 8 player online trophies in March, and the rest should be easy to boost together with just 2-4 people.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I removed the 'Hall of Shame' section and edited my plans back to the old ones! I can already say that I've slacked way too much since February, 6th - my trophies per day progress has dropped from 6.00 to 4.50 and I won't be able to finish Beach Buggy Racing and Feist how I planned. ? I will have to get back to them in April (as you can see, March will be an extremely busy and stressful month for me) or even later! ? So, it will take me a while to push my trophies per day ratio back where I want it to be. ?

I also added 'Burnout Paradise' to the games-at-risk section and bought my second copy of TDU2 - two more to go! ?

@Smashero Thanks a lot for your help regarding Wipeout 2048, I replied to your PM yesterday. ? I also have some more questions regarding WipeOuts:

1.) With my set-up, how many alts for :bronze: Bling Brigade can I duplicate? If I finish the game on PS3, do I get +1 alt for my Vita (if expansion for Wipeout 2048 is bought)? Which means that theoretically, I could get up to 6 skins in total (if I finish the campaign 4 times - once on each of my PS3 consoles)?

2.) How many hours does WipeOut 2048 co-op campaign take? If I finish Wipeout HD's campaign on Novice, do you think that I could manage it, or would it be too hard for me? I am completely new to WipeOut series and these online WipeOut 2048 trophies are making me nervous a lot. :S The server closure is near... ?

Thanks a lot in advance! ^_^ And thanks to everyone reading my topic! :)

• 1 month later...

HUGE UPDATE!!! I am finally done with all the soon-to-close online grinds (except of KZ3 MP but I don't really mind having not done it after all), so I can finally get back on track! ? I really slowed myself down this month (I went from 6.00 to <3.00 trophies per day ratio), so I decided to postpone all my next big grinds to June and concentrate on finally finishing some games again during the next two months. ?

I also did many changes to this Trophy Checklist:

1.) I edited the 'About me' section and I made it shorter,

2.) I added the 'Additional challenges' category and wrote some info about KZ2 VGC grind

3.) I prepared my April - May schedule and put Beach Buggy Racing on hold

4.) And finally, I liked every post in this topic! :blush: All your contributions are highly appreciated, guys! ;)

I wish you all a nice day and thank everyone for visiting and/or reading my Trophy Checklist! :wave:

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I am back from my break and my current goal will be raising my trophies per day ratio as high as possible. I put my old challenges on hold, came up with a challenge for May and renamed this topic accordingly. ?

During the next months I will likely play some games which I am really looking forward to, because I won't be able to concentrate on the online soon-to-close-games grinds, because I am currently back at my parents and there is no place for all the consoles (I will most likely be selling them). -_-

However this won't stop me from gaming after all - actually I am sure that I'll manage to come up with some new challenges soon! :) So stay tuned for my next updates! ?

@Zolkovo, @Smashero, @JohzyDeMartin, @Ptirle I really appreciate your PMs and I promise that I will get back to you guys soon! :blush:

Once again I thank everyone for reading my Trophy Checklist and wish you all a nice day! ?