Trophy auto-100%

alphanumericsven

Auto-Completion  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should SONY auto-complete the trophies for all users (91.1%) or take them all away, even for those that had the chance to complete them (9.9%)?

• Take them away. (take away all trophy points associated with the PSHome service) [Detrimental to those select few]
    • Auto-complete them. (Make everyone's PSHome service trophies 100% completed) [Beneficial to most users overall]

Yeah I don't see why they should do anything about it.

If they were that important, you would've got them when they were obtainable, if you only started caring about trophies after the shutdown it's just tough luck really.

I would've loved to finish the Destiny of Spirits trophies before that shut down, but it was just bad luck that I came to the game late and didn't get the chance. The company doesn't owe me anything.

• Like 1

It's just not a game I even wanted to do since it's a shitty 100% game that took 50 days minimum. But the server closure announcement was longer than 50 days before the game did close. I don't think people should have trophies autopopped for them if they didn't finish the game when it had been announced to close a long time prior. I do think if a game has a single player campaign and also has online, the trophies should allow someone to either perform that requirement offline or online, make a trophy like "play 100 online matches or complete the single player campaign 5 times", so people always have the option to go back and get the trophy even if the servers were shut down. My own idea, which can't be implemented would be that Sony should have enforced companies to only allow games to have online if they could guarantee that the game would have online servers for over 5 years, excluding yearly sports games which often need to shut down since a more superior version of the game has taken over. There should have been an option for "change nothing", more people would vote that. But it's not like this vote is going to make a difference, Sony doesn't care about the games that they did shut. 

• Like 4

I agree that they should make them available, which would be way better than giving them away since it would involve people doing stuff to get them.

As to the people who are trying to rip me a new one based on "If you wanted them then you should've gotten them" line of thinking.. well no..

I use my console when I have time. Work, life, and other things get in the way. and as for the "Sony announced it like 50 days ahead", again.. really? that's your comment?

There's these things called LIVES that people have.

Just because I own a Playstation doesn't mean that I follow everything that Sony is doing all the time, every day.

I don't have time to read up on all their internal affairs, company mergers, stock options etc.

If you buy milk do you know when the company delivers their supplies to the stores, or when their boss goes on vacation? No? really?

PSHome wasn't a service that people lose their shit oner usually. You don't wake up in the morning and go "I wanna play Playstation Home!!", it's one of those things that's there and you go "I haven't gone there for a while, let's see what's new." and then you start loading it to get the "Fuck You! We've shut down this service." message.

So yeah, either make it available again, maybe for a limited time so that people can finish it (and send messages to people's playstation so they can actually see the announcement), or auto-complete/remove that shit so I don't have a incomplete thing that I can'd do anything about staring me in the face every time I scroll through my trophies.

5 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

I agree that they should make them available, which would be way better than giving them away since it would involve people doing stuff to get them.

As to the people who are trying to rip me a new one based on "If you wanted them then you should've gotten them" line of thinking.. well no..

I use my console when I have time. Work, life, and other things get in the way. and as for the "Sony announced it like 50 days ahead", again.. really? that's your comment?

There's these things called LIVES that people have.

Just because I own a Playstation doesn't mean that I follow everything that Sony is doing all the time, every day.

I don't have time to read up on all their internal affairs, company mergers, stock options etc.

If you buy milk do you know when the company delivers their supplies to the stores, or when their boss goes on vacation? No? really?

PSHome wasn't a service that people lose their shit oner usually. You don't wake up in the morning and go "I wanna play Playstation Home!!", it's one of those things that's there and you go "I haven't gone there for a while, let's see what's new." and then you start loading it to get the "Fuck You! We've shut down this service." message.

So yeah, either make it available again, maybe for a limited time so that people can finish it (and send messages to people's playstation so they can actually see the announcement), or auto-complete/remove that shit so I don't have a incomplete thing that I can'd do anything about staring me in the face every time I scroll through my trophies.

If you wanted to get the list to 100%, you should have made it your priority to log in 50 different days. Again, it sucks that you can no longer get the trophies, but they're never coming back and you need to accept it. 

• Like 1

Where is the "Sony should do bugger all" option?

You had plenty of notice of the game being shutdown, as stated if you where that bothered about having 100% on the trophies you should have done them then not ask about it 3 years later.

3 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

Wow, the amount of vitriol on here. Do you people practice at spitting venom on others or what? Why can't no one have a civil discussion anymore?

Maybe if you included a third option that wasnt silly you might have gotten more of a discussion.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1

Kind of off topic but I remember when HOME was supposed to be this huge game changer for the Playstation (back when it was losing to the X360). I don't know of a single person who actually used HOME but it always seemed really busy when I went on there for different trophies.

Anyways, the answer is No Sony shouldn't do anything. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

Wow, the amount of vitriol on here. Do you people practice at spitting venom on others or what? Why can't no one have a civil discussion anymore?

No one's being rude. We're just telling you that this is a ridiculous complaint. You had years to get this trophy list complete and you're just now complaining 3 years after it's shut down. Either deal with having the list incomplete or start a new account.

Do you people even read any of the postings before spouting repetitive content?

The ONLY people that have brought anything relevant to the discussion are Mr_Skirra and Sergen

It's interesting how the rest of the people on here that are spouting abuse and stupidity are the ones that never bothered to play "Playstation Home" or the ones that got "100%" on it. So you have no vested interest in having the opportunity to earn those trophies.

Just now, alphanumericsven said:

The ONLY people that have brought anything relevant to the discussion are Mr_Skirra and Sergen

It's interesting how the rest of the people on here that are spouting abuse and stupidity are the ones that never bothered to play "Playstation Home" or the ones that got "100%" on it. So you have no vested interest in having the opportunity to earn those trophies.

I think you'll find that bit is wrong as, although it isnt on my trophy list, i did try out Home back in the day years before it ever got trophy support.

Just now, Martain2 said:

I think you'll find that bit is wrong as, although it isnt on my trophy list, i did try out Home back in the day years before it ever got trophy support.

so in other words, you never had any trophies, thereby don't have any incomplete trophies to earn and thereby your point is invalid as I previously stated.

3 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

Because this is just plain bulls***...

- why would you give people "free trophies" because some are now unobtainable? According to you, if i only earned one trophy in this game, i should get all the other trophies? Wouldn't that be a giant spit in the face to people that DID earn the trophies back then?

- Why would you remove people's trophies? "Ho, you didnt manage to get everything? Ho, sorry, then everybody will lose what they earned".

You act like a spoiled child. Those trophies were obtainable, but are not anymore. Get over it.

• Like 4