alphanumericsven

Trophy auto-100%

Auto-Completion   111 members have voted

1. 1. Should SONY auto-complete the trophies for all users (91.1%) or take them all away, even for those that had the chance to complete them (9.9%)?

• Take them away. (take away all trophy points associated with the PSHome service) [Detrimental to those select few]
    • Auto-complete them. (Make everyone's PSHome service trophies 100% completed) [Beneficial to most users overall]

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

High school, yeah..

Try working a 14-hr physically exerting job doing graveyard shifts which basically kill you when you get home, pass out until you have to go back to work and then talk to me about free time.

The above is an example of what a proper response should be. Notice how he didn't personally attack me or anything? 

Thanks Terra for that constructive comment which expresses actual rational opinion.

You're very welcome

5 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Between your first PS Home trophy earned on 23/3/14 and your last on 21/3/15 you earned 150 trophies and the only month you didn't earn a single trophy on was in August 2014 so i wouldn't bother using the excuse of having a life outside of gaming (which is really just coming across as a dig at people that do game a lot) or not having a chance at getting on PS Home even for two minutes a day, plus it was 50 different days not 50 days in a row.

You wasn't bothered about the 100% until it was not available plain and simple.

Really dude?!?! Do you want to look at my taxes to see if I had a hamburger at Burger King in the past year too?

Please do everyone a favour and READ the above comments before running your mouth off (or in this case "keyboard"). I clearly stated like 3 times that:

[I'll put it in all caps so you can actually understand the point]

1. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE SHUTDOWN OF THE PSHOME

2. NEVER PLAYED IT RELIGIOUSLY AS IT WAS A 'SIDE MISSION' OF SORTS THAT I DIDN"T GO OUT OF MY WAY TO PLAY

3. THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS TO EITHER ANSWER THE POLL OR GIVE A CONSTRUCTIVE, RATIONAL AND NON-HOSTILE OPINION

9 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

High school, yeah..

Try working a 14-hr physically exerting job doing graveyard shifts which basically kill you when you get home, pass out until you have to go back to work and then talk to me about free time.

Assuming you work 14 hours per day (which I doubt you did for 6 months straight, but let's just assume that for now then), 6 days a week (which I also doubt with 14 hours work per day), the only thing you had to do is turn on your PS3 for 2 minutes every Sunday and on one of the other 6 evenings in the week. That would have easily been possible, even in the worst scenario. So really, you just didn't bother enough. And that fine, but that doesn't mean Sony should just give you the trophies or whatever, it's your own fault.

So, you (OP) want to screw up the rarity/effort of those who actually got the 100%. Another postive way is that you can brag about the 90 something percent to other people btw (not being sarcastic).

10 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

Really dude?!?! Do you want to look at my taxes to see if I had a hamburger at Burger King in the past year too?

Please do everyone a favour and READ the above comments before running your mouth off (or in this case "keyboard"). I clearly stated like 3 times that:

[I'll put it in all caps so you can actually understand the point]

1. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE SHUTDOWN OF THE PSHOME

2. NEVER PLAYED IT RELIGIOUSLY AS IT WAS A 'SIDE MISSION' OF SORTS THAT I DIDN"T GO OUT OF MY WAY TO PLAY

3. THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS TO EITHER ANSWER THE POLL OR GIVE A CONSTRUCTIVE, RATIONAL AND NON-HOSTILE OPINION

You are claiming that you work 14 hour day shifts, or at least did before PS Home shutdown, and therefore have very little time to even turn the PS3 on for a few minutes a day to gain credit towards a trophy and, although i am not denying this to be true, your trophy log suggests otherwise.

As for wanting a constructive and rational discussion try not starting your threads with 2 pointless suggestions and then moaning, rather than talking, to anybody that dares suggestive anything other than your two options.

Edited by Martain2

3 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

So, you (OP) want to screw up the rarity/effort of those who actually got the 100%. Another postive way is that you can brag about the 90 something percent to other people btw (not being sarcastic).

I'm just here to have a conversation

I'm not suggesting they screw the rarity at all, like sepheroithisgod suggested, they should allow users to delete games/trophies from their list.

24 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

High school, yeah..

Yeah high school, now in College studying hard to have a job which will not be physically demanding.

Edited by charlijaen

2 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

You are claiming that you work 14 hour day shifts, or at least did before PS Home shutdown, and therefore have very little time to even turn the PS3 on for a few minutes a day to gain credit towards a trophy and, although i am not denying this to be true, your trophy log suggests otherwise.

As for wanting a constructive and rational discussion try not starting your threads with 2 pointless suggestions and then moaning, rather than talking, to anybody that dares suggestive anything other than your two options.

once again I'll re-itterate the READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS!!!! as I stated multiple times. I did a pretty long response on pages 1 and 2 of this thread. READ THEM!!

I am going maybe sound like a dick now but:

If you care about your unobtainable online trophies that you can't get anymore, why not make a new account? And don't touch any games with online trophies at all since you got more unobtainable games on your list that have online trophies.

So if you pass out again on the couch ZzZzz... you will forget your boosting sessions as well (By the looks of your account you don't care about online trophies at all correctly me if i'm wrong i did a fast scroll down on your account and saw games here and there the online stuff you missing, GT5 etc). You need to work HARDER for your trophies if you can't make it to get the online trophies than you have to deal with that.  But question is do you want to start over?

Why the hell did you start Tekken Revolution 0%? Don't you research any game that has online trophies? Tekken Revolution servers shut down years ago. As for the auto-100% i am against that it is like cheating trophies without doing any efford to earn them. Many people make it in time to knock down their 100% so congrats to them.

1 minute ago, charlijaen said:

Yeah high school, now in College studying hard to have a job which is only mentally demanding

I've done college and full time job which some people can't seem to grasp doesn't leave one with the motivation to play "playstationHome" in your free time. When you do have the free time, you want something as far from real life as possible.

2 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

I'm just here to have a conversation

I'm not suggesting they screw the rarity at all, like sepheroithisgod suggested, they should allow users to delete games/trophies from their list.

ya I didn't mean any offense or to flame you, I do indeed have a few unobtainables. Though the problem here possibly in my opnion, is that you didn't include a third option to where Sony doesn't do anything. 

1 minute ago, wackt1 said:

ya I didn't mean any offense or to flame you, I do indeed have a few unobtainables. Though the problem here possibly in my opnion, is that you didn't include a third option to where Sony doesn't do anything. 

for which I did apologize/comment on in one of the long responses on page 1 or 2

As far as I'm aware, I've not been able to delete a thread once it's posted. I would've recreated with a 3rd option.

Learn to deal with unobtainables, it is no big deal at all. If you had time and opportunity to finish an online game, nice. If you didn't, nice also.

I'm voting for the "Sony shouldn't no anything" too.

I prefer having an unobtainable trophy list than not having the list at all, i would love to have at least a 1% Playstation Home trophy list in my account, however it was never available in my region.

Its at 33% on my list. Nobody is entitled to trophies yes i enjoy collecting trophies but ps home is gone. Tough shit. If you dont have time to complete a long game dont start it.

This whole thing is getting out of hand, in particular, with those involved in the argument that's going on.  Yes, argument, not discussion, because so far, that's all I'm seeing, just people bickering at each other for having different opinions.

Ok, I'll try to make this a rational response. Sony should do nothing.

Having Sony delete trophies that have been earned legit is a horrible precedent. So is auto completing lists. Neither of these options is appropriate. Not everyone cares about completion. Having them lose trophies is not fair. Having people who did earn 100% either lose those trophies or have everyone get the trophies for free is equally unfair.

Sony allowing people to delete lists/trophies is probably the best option - until you get hacked and the hacker deletes your entire trophy list.

So, the only acceptable answer is - Sony should do nothing.

Now, allow me to ask you a question - why is this poll exclusive to PS Home? What about every other game with now unobtainable trophies?

Is there a reason why you have isolated only this particular game?

40 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

I've done college and full time job which some people can't seem to grasp doesn't leave one with the motivation to play "playstationHome" in your free time. When you do have the free time, you want something as far from real life as possible.

If you can't spend less than 5 minutes a day for a trophy, then why the hell do you feel entitled for Sony to give it to you? I've done both at the same time as well and I could still squeeze in some playing time for hunting trophies. If you spent your free time "having a real life" then why are you crying so hard about not getting a trophy from an old game that got shut down long ago. You had a choice and now the consequence is not having PSHome at 100%.

Try to avoid calling people a noob and a scub for their opinions on the matter, we're getting a lot of reports over this thread, so a complete derailment of this topic would be preferred xD 

Oh, not only the poll is lacking options, but the author can see who voted for what lol.

Does it really matter at the end of the day whether you get these trophies or not? 

Nah. We do this for ourselves. It's tough luck to have a list that you cannot 100% anymore, but that's how trophy hunting goes. WE could sit here and make any excuse under the sun as to why we didn't finish a certain game in time, or why it's just ridiculous to have certain requirements, but it's a moot point. I don't sit here acting as a keyboard warrior yelling (in caps lock of course), "Sony, give me those NBA 2K14 trophies because I didn't feel like putting 400+ hours into your game." Sorry that some people are attacking you, and sorry that you can't take some of the fair points being given to you. Just remember that this is a hobby that sometimes has an unfortunate turn of events 

4 hours ago, alphanumericsven said:

So yeah, either make it available again, maybe for a limited time so that people can finish it (and send messages to people's playstation so they can actually see the announcement), or auto-complete/remove that shit so I don't have a incomplete thing that I can'd do anything about staring me in the face every time I scroll through my trophies.

Why does that list stand out so much next to all the incomplete games you have? (honest question)

Also, there's at least 5 other games I can spot on your list that you'll never 100% because of unobtainable trophies and if you work as much as you say you do and have a 'life' (which was offensive btw, we all do) you'll never even get close to 100%ing most of the games you have.

So why is PS Home, a game you don't seem very fond of, a priority all of a sudden for someone who doesn't care about completion?

I'm just trying to understand the context here, not that it will change anything, both of the poll options are impossible.