Trophy auto-100%

alphanumericsven

Auto-Completion  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should SONY auto-complete the trophies for all users (91.1%) or take them all away, even for those that had the chance to complete them (9.9%)?

• Take them away. (take away all trophy points associated with the PSHome service) [Detrimental to those select few]
    • Auto-complete them. (Make everyone's PSHome service trophies 100% completed) [Beneficial to most users overall]

On 1/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, alphanumericsven said:

yet another PlaystionHome 100% person joins the discourse.

it's interesting how it's always the people with an above level 24 account that probably do nothing but game in all their free time that keep hashing on about the same bs. Do you people have a club or something?

I have a life outside of work where I go outside, talk to people in real life, do volunteer type of shit etc. And I will say it again.. Home wasn't that engaging, it was one of those "Eh, I'll get to it eventually thing"

It may interest you to know that people can sometimes be busy for upwards of 3 months. so if you are only able to turn on your machine in between those busy periods, and don't have a whole day to spend on it, you may miss the window of Sony's benevolence and not get the chance to have the 50 days to earn the trophy.

I'd personally be okay with either getting the trophies (but no points) for the remainder or giving up the trophies I have, just so I don't have the never-able-to-finish "game" on my record, and there are many people who agree with me that did the actual POLL.

Interesting logic and insanely inaccurate.

Yes i'm above level 24, yes I do game a lot. However I do have a job, a life, friends, and I flirt with cute guys. But you know what's always there when I need something to do and everyone else is busy? My ps4.  :)

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
  • Like 3

No, they shouldnt do a single thing because i had to log in everyday to earn my 100%

and i was a big fan of the service and was a heavily active PSH user when it was around, made several friends whom of which i still chat with to this day, and i would despise to see anyone to just be given a trophy when me and many others had to earn it the way it was intended to be earned, by logging in

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Interesting logic and insanely inaccurate.

Yes i'm above level 24, yes I do game a lot. However I do have a job, a life, friends, and I flirt with cute guys. But you know what's always there when I need something to do and everyone else is busy? My ps4.  :)

Had to virtue signal, didn't you?

On 1/21/2018 at 0:37 PM, alphanumericsven said:

Since shutting down their PSHome service, SONY has prevented many users from achieving 100% completion of those trophies.

I myself am one of the 91.1% of users (according to this site) who never got to finish the trophies.

Should SONY auto-complete everyone's trophy lists or take them all away altogether?

Interesting topic, if those were the only two options we had to pick from I'd definitely say just go ahead and take away all the trophies. That way the people who had a chance to finish the trophy list wouldn't have to see their achievement ruined by everyone being put on the same pedestal. Instead they could just reminisce about how they were one of the few people to finish the trophies. It wouldn't hurt their pride, at least, but it probably would throw off their milestones if suddenly 13 trophies or so were removed altogether. I think both options would have the trophy hunters losing in the end for sure, though.

The solution is fairly simple, actually: Allow people to delete any trophy list they want regardless of completion, not just at 0%.

Whats the problem with that? The only issue I can think of is people getting hacked and the hacker deleting all their trophies out of spite, or maybe an angry boyfriend/girlfriend who just realized they were cheated on, deleting stuff in a rampage. Which can be solved by not deleting the trophies right away, instead let them sit there for like 2 weeks so the account owner has time to undo the evil deed.

What I'm sure they should never do is pop trophies automatically for people, that would be an insult to those who spent the time getting them.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AndresLionheart said:

The solution is fairly simple, actually: Allow people to delete any trophy list they want regardless of completion, not just at 0%.

Whats the problem with that? The only issue I can think of is people getting hacked and the hacker deleting all their trophies out of spite, or maybe an angry boyfriend/girlfriend who just realized they were cheated on deleting stuff in a rampage. Which can be solved by not deleting the trophies right away, instead let them sit there for like 2 weeks so the account owner has time to undo the evil deed.

What I'm sure they should never do is pop trophies automatically for people, that would be an insult to those who spent the time getting them.

I wish Sony would have implemented this over the hide feature. But now that they've set up Sony Rewards to give people $1 for every platinum in the US, there would be nothing stopping somebody from deleting their 10 minute platinum over and over again to get free money.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:40 AM, Juzota said:

They shouldn't do anything about this issue, because there is no issue. If those trophies are so important why not get them when it was possible.

It wasn't possible for me, I should've gotten more from the autopopping when they patched them in but the game kept freezing so I just didn't bother. :P

But I don't care, I could have kept trying and didn't, so agree Sony shouldn't do anything.

My 2 cents on the matter is this - Sony shouldn't do anything in this particular instance, however I think the fact that online trophies (be it multiplayer or ones where an online connection is needed like PS Home was, or a better example, like how Mass Effect Andromeda requires an online connection for trophies to pop) exist at all is a terrible thing.  By all means, have multiplayer experiences, that's great despite the fact that I don't usually care much for them.  But trophies requiring online connection or an online service bothers me.  As someone who's worked in the games industry for the better part of a decade, I've always been baffled by online trophies.  If you ever read Sony's TRCs, they specifically say that you cannot charge a user an additional fee or require a separate paid service to unlock a trophy.  And their wording isn't for the companies that would say 'pay us $5 and we give you this trophy', it's specifically for the opportunity to earn a trophy once you've paid more money for a service.  Initially I think this was intended to prevent devs from keeping already available in-game content behind a pay wall when that content included trophies on the base game list, however the interpretation these days can, and should be much broader.  When online gaming was free on PS3 and Vita, it was a harder argument to make, despite devs shutting down servers.  However now that you need PS+ to play online on PS4, technically ALL online trophies violate Sony's own TRCs.  I've also felt this way about Microsoft's TCRs as Live was always a paid service.  For some reason 1st parties don't see this as an issue.  Some devs, like Bioware with ME3, understand the issue and have included separate online and offline requirements for their trophies, which I think is neat and all days should be required to do this when they include online trophies (or as I said before, just eliminate online trophies altogether).

Now maybe I'm a little biased; I am an avid gamer, though due to work and family I only get a couple hours a day to game, if I'm lucky (sometimes I get none); I have quite a few trophies, and so far all my games are either platinumed or 100% completed.  As a completionist, I don't like the idea of an unfinished trophy list just as much as I don't like the idea of not doing everything in a game (like collectibles, side quests, random tasks, easter eggs), regardless of trophies.  But, due to this, I tend to do a lot of research before I start a game, especially if it has an online component.  I was hesitant to do PS Home, actually, because I was afraid I would forget to login 50 days (I forgot once, took me 51 days to complete).  As others have said, once the other trophies were complete, it took 2-3 minutes to sign-in each day, and that was it (and it was a pretty meh service, so I didn't do anything else once I had the rest of the list complete).

Anyway, as a discussion, I think this topic would have been better fused with many of the others in regards to online trophies, server closures, etc., as that's the real topic here.  As far as the actual suggestion by the OP, I'm sorry but as many others have said, it is not a good debate.  As a completionist (and therefore trophy hunter) I cannot agree with a policy to hand out trophies to people who did not earn them.  On top of that, I also do not want my hard earned trophies removed because others did not earn them and are upset that they can't complete their lists.  The only suggestion offered that I agree with, is allow people to delete their trophy lists above 0%.  My only caveat to that would be a limit should still be imposed, and this is a total judgement call and subjective to whoever would implement such a thing.  Personally I feel anything at or below 25% would be fine, but after that, you're stuck with what you got.  On that note, most people know that you have to sync your trophies before they're on your profile permanently, so you can always delete your profile without syncing, then when you sign in again, those trophies are no longer there.  Doesn't help anyone who has already synced (hence my suggestion of being able to delete lists at or below 25%), but it is a solution of sorts for those who accidentally earn a trophy or two in a game they hate and just want it gone.  Of course it would take some forethought, including not logging into PSN or disconnecting from the internet before starting the game, but it's something.

Wow, that turned out to be more like a dollar than just 2 cents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to add my own two cents. 

No there should be no autocomplete. If you really wanted those trophies, I think you would have gotten them. I can understand your frustration and arguments that life gets in the way though. Especially when you have a family and/or a very demanding job. 

With that being said I think we should have the possibility to delete trophies, not just the 0% ones. Cause you might test a game first but realise you don't like or enjoy it. Deleting the trophies for those games would be a nice feature. I mean subtracting a couple of points from a PSN profile or in probably rare cases PSN level shouldn't be that difficult. At least I assume it shouldn't be that difficult.

For me personally I didn't care much about trophies in general at first. I just platined the games I really enjoyed and PS Home was not one of them (also had really bad connection back then, so couldn't really play anyway. Trying to catch up with all the online trophies now). PS home will stay rank E for ever. Unless I decide to hide that trophy list. 

Edited by RikuKelev
  • Like 1