Another new account

Platagonist

Hey,

I will try to keep this short, considering I already wrote my dose of essays today. ? If you'd like to know some more info about me and my gaming habits + plans, feel free to read my Trophy Checklist topic. ?

I've had quite a few PSN accounts but I always gave up. I decided to start fresh once more considering that I've recently started to live on my own and therefore I have more free time again.

I've always liked this site more than PSNTL and I really got to love the recent updates, especially the way the flag disputes are being handled. ;)

I will most definitely get another Premium membership soon and I will try to stay active in various parts of this site - but mainly I'll be focusing on the Trophy Checklist forums as I love seeing people progress.

I wish everyone a successful gaming year! :)

• Like 4

On 21. 1. 2018 at 9:46 PM, PermaFox said:

Welcome to the site!  Great place for gamers to chat and friendly competitions.  I do agree that the flag disputes are handled exceptionally well.  Good luck on your trophy progress!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me, I've mostly been lurking on my old forum account, so I am still getting used to the site! ☺️ I have a few questions:

1.) In regards to reports - once I buy Premium, can I see the red/flagged games (the non-hidden ones) on profiles of the people who were removed from the leaderboards? I remember that back in 2015 this was possible. Also, only Premium members can submit reports, correct? @MMDE In that case, can I bother you with Private Reports or these are not accepted/checked?

2.) Regarding posting - in my Trophy Checklist topic, I was not able to add additional posts which I wanted to reserve for future content due to them merging into the original one. Considering how much I like to type, I am pretty sure that they'll be needed soon. ? In that case, can I bother a mod to 'make' a reserved post in there (by moving my post from some other topic into that topic and moving it up to be a post #2, #3 et cetera)? This would be highly appreciated. ☺️

And there goes my last (at least for now) question - if my post is the last one in that topic, is there a way to somehow put it on top of the first Trophy Checklist page/bump it (after each update)? If I assume correctly, any new post of mine would just merge into my last post and so the topic would fade into oblivion until someone else replies to the topic. ?

I apologize for shamelessly promoting that one single topic, but I am pretty sure that most of my posts would go to that checklist, so it's really important to me. And unless I am missing something, I would have to keep re-creating the topic each time I update if it struggles (which I would not want to do, plus it is not really appropriate). ?

On 21. 1. 2018 at 10:31 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome (again?). I love your username. Pretty clever for a trophy hunter! :)

I like it too! ? At first I wanted to name it Platgasm, but I decided against it for obvious reasons! ? So I had to come up with something else and my three choices were: Platitude, Platastrophe and Platagonist.

I am really happy that one of them was available after all, and this time I'll really try my best to not slip up. ? Although Killzone 2 online trophies will be one huge gamble! ?

4 hours ago, AlchemyAwesome said:

Good luck! I too have recently decided to start over.

That's awesome, I am really looking forward to seeing you progress! ? How is Need for Speed Undercover's online, by the way? I am planning to start playing it in a few months, but I imagine that getting the First of Many trophy would be quite a pain. 

I wish you guys a great day! Thanks in advance for any new answers. 

4 hours ago, Platagonist said:

1.) In regards to reports - once I buy Premium, can I see the red/flagged games (the non-hidden ones) on profiles of the people who were removed from the leaderboards? I remember that back in 2015 this was possible. Also, only Premium members can submit reports, correct? @MMDE In that case, can I bother you with Private Reports or these are not accepted/checked?

You just need to have the game on your profile.

• Like 2

Honestly NFS: Undercover was kinda irritating me towards the end, since cars would spawn sort of close to you, not in the middle of nowhere like some awful racing games, but it may as well be if you're on a police chase and a helicopter spawns on your minimap, or police cars to the point there's like 15 at once. There's a heat system, which I'm not sure how it works, but basically it causes the police to just start chasing you if they see you after a certain point, and this happens during races.

I also thought it was really strange, you have 'domination' times when you win races, which you pass and do them all for the trophy, but some races I finished first in like a 4 minute race, then it turns out I'd be like 18 seconds ahead of the domination time and the entirety of the 7 cpu racers would also pass the domination time, it's like they put the dominate times in separately. But they're not impossibly hard I imagine, since I wasn't really going for them.

I may be just bad at racing games however, if you really wanna do the plat you gotta get that 8 man online race out of the way, and a couple 4 player cops and robbers trophies. Boosting the 119 races (or really racing 119 times) shouldn't be too difficult, I found a few randoms during my one or two attempts at an online race.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I am slowly getting used to these forums - so my question #2 is no more relevant (I managed to figure out that there is some anti-spam timer, and once it exceeds the limit, I am able to double post) - and I've already managed to meet some really nice people! ☺️ The boosting sessions proved to be extremely useful as well! ? So all in all I am very happy to consider myself a part of this awesome community! ?

@MMDE Thanks a lot for responding! Does that mean that once I am Premium, I can report lists of every game or is this a precaution against false/spam reports? Can I still bother you in PMs with CFW users/games that I don't own in that case? (the ones that I wanted to report had already been removed, which is great ?)

@AlchemyAwesome Thanks for your reply! ? I managed to plat the game in 2010, but I remember that I raged a lot against it and I stomped on it's CD case once I was done. :angel: I think it would not be too difficult to plat for me now (the opponents seem to slow down once you are too far behind, I forgot the term for this :blush:), but I am more concerned about the 8 players trophy which might be hard to boost even with 2 - 4 PS3s (considering the game's old age). :hmm:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

@MMDE Thanks a lot for responding! Does that mean that once I am Premium, I can report lists of every game or is this a precaution against false/spam reports? Can I still bother you in PMs with CFW users/games that I don't own in that case? (the ones that I wanted to report had already been removed, which is great 1f642.png)

You can only report games that is on your trophy list, and you don't need premium for this. People who are member of the cheater removal team can report anything though.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

@MMDE Thanks again for your reply. :) I'd definitely want to become part of this team at some point - what are the steps to qualify? Also, can the members of this team see flagged games of people who did not hide them? (for example, this guy has a flagged game that he did not hide and I am not able to know which one it is - back in 2015 that game would show up red and upon clicking on it I'd also be able to see the trophies which were the reason for flag in red). I apologize for bombarding you with so many questions. :angel: 

Edited by Platagonist
Edited in the last sentence.

25 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

@MMDE Thanks again for your reply. :) I'd definitely want to become part of this team at some point - what are the steps to qualify? Also, can the members of this team see flagged games of people who did not hide them? (for example, this guy has a flagged game that he did not hide and I am not able to know which one it is - back in 2015 that game would show up red and upon clicking on it I'd also be able to see the trophies which were the reason for flag in red). I apologize for bombarding you with so many questions. :angel: 

There's not really any steps. AFAIK, only been one new member in the last year, which would be me. :| You'd probably need to have played a lot of games, and be active in finding the cheaters, and be accurate about it. We don't really publicly shame players like you request here. I'm actually going to lift that dude's flag, it was for MW2, but I think it might be a glitch due to which trophies popped too fast and when it was. He also has some out of order Dead Space trophies, but might also be a glitch as it doesn't really make much sense otherwise. Anyway, dude has no flags now! :)

And yes, they can see all the reports and flags etc, their job is to approve or decline them.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

@MMDE Thanks for all the info! ? Yeah, it's much better this way (not shaming the players publicly) so I was wondering what has changed over the years rather than requesting these features to be back - although I'd be happy if I had access to them, because I love statistics and tend to stalk/browse through many profiles and the more info I know about them, the better! :P 

However I am sad that reporting people seems much harder for the 'average joes' like me now - on my old account I used to report quite a lot of people (as you can probably see) - mainly obvious CFW users and people who cheated a certain trophy after it became unobtainable (i.e. Fifa 09) - and I think that my percentage of successful reports was quite high! ? Now I am not able to do this, because I would have to add the unobtainable game(s) to my profile which I certainly won't be doing. So getting some successful reports under my belt now might prove to be hard, because I won't have nearly as many opportunities to report people. ?

(for example, I am not able to report these guys who earned the trophy after it's unobtainable date)

I promise that I won't bother you with any more questions for now. :blush: I find it quite funny that aside from reporting so many people, I also managed to 'save' the guy who I had linked. ? It was a completely random profile that I stumbled upon, I don't even know the dude and I had completely no idea why he got flagged! ?