How to get to level 50 INSTANTLY in Online Multiplayer

Xyleh

This glitch will require a host player that is level 50. The difficulty doesn't matter (thanks @Dragonxlave for helping test this).

The host needs to launch a mission (any mission will work), and the player who's getting glitched up to level 50 needs to join while the host is still in the opening cutscene to the mission. When the host sees the message that another player is joining and enemies will get stronger, they need to immediately skip the cutscene. As soon as the host drops into the actual mission, they need to hold the PS button and select Quit Game.

This will cause an error in the game's online coding. Since the host's stats were level 50, but the host is no longer available, the stats will migrate to the next host (the person who joined).

Here's another version by @jayboo1991 that may make more sense: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/74749-easy-guide-instant-level-copying-in-multiplayer/

Original glitch documented by Segendary Ty on trueachievements.com, so all credits go to him. Here's his original post in case I haven't explained it properly: https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=998188

Edited by dj_helyx
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Jare said:

this a cool find, so have to use this now :D 

Sadly, this wont copy the stats for the host's Combat Arts/Skills/Equipment nor will you recieve any Weapon Spirit shards. So, you'll still have to grind the 260,000 gold for each character to earn the Perfectionist trophy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Sadly, this wont copy the stats for the host's Combat Arts/Skills/Equipment nor will you recieve any Weapon Spirit shards. So, you'll still have to grind the 260,000 gold for each character to earn the Perfectionist trophy.

that should not be too bad, at least you will be level 50 already

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

does it pop all the level up trophies or just the level 50?

That's a good question. :hmm:

After the player getting glitched to 50 joins, they'll automatically be 50. You can quit to the lobby from there and the game will tally up your XP until level 17-19, in which it quits displaying unlocked skills/equipment. I can't say if this will actually pop any of the trophies, since I was already level 50 on another character prior to using this glitch.

If you (or anyone else) can test it, I'll put the findings in the OP for anyone else reading the thread.

Word of warning for this though. You wont pop lvl 50 trophies if you turn low lvl char to lvl 50. I noticed this while going for dlc chars lvl 50 trophies. Lvl 50 trophy did pop for friend glitching from lvl 40 something to lvl 50. What I did was get character to lvl 49, then glitched those dlc characters to lvl 49 and grinded last lvl. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Word of warning for this though. You wont pop lvl 50 trophies if you turn low lvl char to lvl 50. I noticed this while going for dlc chars lvl 50 trophies. Lvl 50 trophy did pop for friend glitching from lvl 40 something to lvl 50. What I did was get character to lvl 49, then glitched those dlc characters to lvl 49 and grinded last lvl. 

This is most likely going to be the safest way to tackle the trophies for each of the 4 base classes, followed by the two DLC classes.

If anyone can confirm whether trophies for level 10 and 30 pop using this method, it'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I'd assume that if the host was level 10, the player glitching in would pop the level 10 trophy. Same goes for 30...it'd be nice to see if all 3 would unlock consecutively though.

Edited by dj_helyx

As nice as this sounds right now, I would honestly say: DONT DO IT. (If you want the Perfectionist trophy, different story with DLC characters)

Grinding out money at lvl 50 was the most annoying thing I ever had to do in any game. I got Perfectionist yesterday. I did this shit 4 times, and you will have to do it too. When you play through the game in the normal way in order to unlock deity difficulty you will earn money just by playing the game. Then, when you grind the ice golem to level to 50 you will also get a significant amount of money. 

For the sake of your mental health, try to reduce the gold farming time to as little as possible. 

5 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

As nice as this sounds right now, I would honestly say: DONT DO IT.

For the sake of your mental health, try to reduce the gold farming time to as little as possible. 

The higher your level, the more gold you'll earn from missions. Meaning overall, less grinding in the end since you'll be getting the maximum gold drop amount from the very start. Yes, it's still a grind, but at least you wont have to worry with the Ice Golem in the first place.

Yeah, but would you rather spend 8 hours mindlessly grinding gold or 16 hours mindlessly grinding gold? I'm just saying this because the gold grinding after hitting level 50 was such an awful experience for me. When you just play the game then you at least get some variety until you arrive at gold farming time.

It depends on personal taste I guess..

1 minute ago, NanaCheese94 said:

When you just play the game then you at least get some variety until you arrive at gold farming time.

As stated above, if you do this to a level 1 character, you're going to have to play through the game anyway. It just starts you at level 50, so you get the maximum gold drops from the very beginning.

If you want to play the entire game on deity difficulty with an underpowered character, sure (because you don't have any gold to upgrade at that point and you make a lot more money on deity than on any other difficulty.) Well either way, I'm just glad I'm done with this stupid game.

7 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

If you want to play the entire game on deity difficulty with an underpowered character, sure (because you don't have any gold to upgrade at that point and you make a lot more money on deity than on any other difficulty.) Well either way, I'm just glad I'm done with this stupid game.

The character hasn't beaten the game yet, so Deity isn't even available from the start. They're just a level 50 that hasn't completed Halios.

1 minute ago, dj_helyx said:

The character hasn't beaten the game yet, so Deity isn't even available from the start. They're just a level 50 that hasn't completed Halios.

Okay that changes things, I assumed you would glitch your character to lvl 50 with your host and then also finish Ashgar and unlock deity right away. 

1 minute ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Okay that changes things, I assumed you would glitch your character to lvl 50 with your host and then also finish Ashgar and unlock deity right away. 

I suppose you could do that, but like you said, you wouldn't have any good abilities and none of them would be upgraded. You'd be a useless meatshield, at best.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 4:22 AM, Abysm_Nucleus said:

This is another great reason why someone should prefer Trueachievements&Xboxachievements over ps guides. 

Elaborate please... This may as well have been posted on a trophy site, so I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Elaborate please... This may as well have been posted on a trophy site, so I don't get it.

This isn't even my home, but I posted it here because I thought more people would see it here than anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after a few weeks I find myself playing Sacred 3 again. Using one of the characters that I used the glitch to get to level 50, I was able to get 3 Weapon Spirits to level 4 within the first two missions. By the fourth mission (playing on Warrior difficulty the entire time), I already had a level 5 Dryad, which not even my legit level 50 character has (or any level 5 spirits for that matter).

This may be a great way to actually get level 5 Weapon Spirits without 50+ hours of grinding post-Deity end game. Essentially, I think the game recognizes that you're maximum level, but have no Weapon Spirits, so it greatly overcompensates and floods you with spirit shards extremely early. I'm only on my 2nd of the 4 original classes, so I'll report back if this can be further exploited. It'd be nice to have level 5 Weapon Spirits on a character I actually prefer to use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After going through the motions with my remaining 2 characters, I finally have the platinum.

Starting on Halios as a level 50 and playing through the game on Warrior and Deity, you'll have to grind Skaldera for no more than an hour to make all Combat Arts/Skills/Equipment. This reduced the overall grind significantly. I was also able to get over half my Weapon Spirits to level 5 with the rest at level 4.

Unless I find any more information to share during my Malakim and Orc playthroughs, this will be my last update.

• Like 1