Kraven_15 - Backlog, Completion and General Updates

kraven_15

Started the single player campaign for killzone 3. Im surprised by how easy it's been actually. I finished the campaign first on easy for the story. I'm now at the end of chapter 6 on elite with a couple of misc. trophies and the two coop trophies left.

As far as 'hard modes' go, killzone 3 isn't particularly tough. I was definitely expecting more challenge but no complaints here. This will a nice 100% when it's done.

Was going to continue the killzone thing and move onto shadowfall but last night I decided on secret of mana. 

This was one of my favourite games when i was younger and when I heard this was happening, I was thrilled.

I've heard a few complaints but after starting last night, I think people have lost their minds.

It looks beautiful! It plays beautifully and it autosaves! The only thing is the soundtrack... the original was exceptional. I own the CD and listen to it often. The new one is good too but i dont think as good.  Still, i might keep the new one going just so i can say i've heard it ?

Anyway, very excited. I very rarely start new games i just get, but this one is an exception 

I'm up to the Lofty Mountains in Secret of Mana now... so, basically the second half of the story.

Most weapons are level 5 or higher, and I just received Shade. Currently levelling up all my magic to level 5, just shade left who is at level 2.

Having played for a little bit now, I can happily say I'm enjoying every minute. The game crashed periodically but the autosave makes up for it as you only lose progress for the room you're currently in.

I still don't get the issue people have with the remake, but then again, we can all have our opinions. For me, this nostalgia trip has been everything I hoped it would be. 

#106 - Secret of Mana

1Leccc5d.png

I love this platinum image!!

I loved this game growing up and this remake was a wonderful revisiting to the past with some great upgrades.

The 'grind' to get the final weapon orbs was nowhere near as bad as some have made it seem... only 3-5 hours I'd say. Monotonous, sure, but very easy to do. The crashed were a bit annoying but a 15 second inconvenience at best. The autosave fixes that issue pretty well.

I loved the graphics and small gameplay changes. 

Very happy that I got to play this again but I'm actually a little sad to be done to be honest. 

Great game! Loved it!

New games added:

Has-Been Heroes

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil

I've decided to finish Kane and Lynch 2. I only have Extreme mode for the 100%. I trued it years ago and got obloterared... this time is better though. I didn't realise the different strengths of each gun but now i do and so, instead of being stuck on chapter 2 i'm half way through chapter 7. Should be done with it in the next cpuple of days hopefully. Will be a nice 100% this one once its done.

Edited by kraven_15

#107 - Kane and Lynch 2

1Lc4bbea.png

I finished Kane and Lynch a few days ago now. Extreme mode was intense to say the least. With a better understanding of the guns it became easier, but still, probably one of the more difficult 'hard modes' I've played. 

I really enjoyed this game, especially the characters themselves. If they made a Kane and Lynch 3, I would definitely buy it.

Playing Tomb Raider on PS3 now. Finished the campaign and am half way 3/4 through the collectables clean up.

A great reboot to the series. 

• Like 1

#108 - Tomb Raider (ps3)

1L9e8f4b.png

Finished Tomb Raider for ps3.

Great reboot to the series. Loved the story, loved the gameplay, loved the open world feel. An all round excellent game.

Looking forward to playing the next games too.

Played some more Dungeon Travellers 2. Nearing the end of chapter 9. Pretty sure 20 000 kills will be a heck of a grind

#109 - Little Big Planet 2

1L8d60cc.png

Finished my last trophy (24 hour create) via a turbo controller I picked up recently.

Was a pretty good game... my favourite part was definitely the DC comics DLC. The levels were great, the characters looked cool... it was very well done.

Started back on Uncharted 2 DLC now... should hopefully be done sometime soon. Completed all the misc kills, etc, now just 380 kills and various wins to go. Will be happy to be done with this one too.

Hi, I read your thread and I like the idea, daunting as it might be. I have a question about your time management, you mentioned you only have an hour or so most nights, does that mean you literally have no way of devoting more time to gaming, or you have time, but you have decided to spend it otherwise? I am curious because looking at the number of games you own, you really seem to be into gaming and 1 hour sounds like very little time to work with. Also, don't you ever put in more time on the Vita, seeing it's portable and all?

On 07/04/2018 at 4:53 PM, det_gittes said:

Hi, I read your thread and I like the idea, daunting as it might be. I have a question about your time management, you mentioned you only have an hour or so most nights, does that mean you literally have no way of devoting more time to gaming, or you have time, but you have decided to spend it otherwise? I am curious because looking at the number of games you own, you really seem to be into gaming and 1 hour sounds like very little time to work with. Also, don't you ever put in more time on the Vita, seeing it's portable and all?

Basically, i own a business which operates 6 days a week for almost 12 hours a day (saturday about 10 hours). I get up at 6am. Then i go home after work and spend time with my wife and little one. When they go to sleep, then i play. Its usually about 10.30 / 11pm ish.

Sundays is always family day.

The last week i've been pushing it to about 1 / 1.30am because i have someone doing uncharted 2 dlc with me and we're making good progress.

Sarurdays i get a couple more hours in and stay up til about 3 / 3.30am.

Vita i usually play while im on the ps3 or ps4 as i don't often get to use it otherwise.

Obviously this is just general/ typical.  There are some days they sleep earlier, some later. Sometimes i just stay up later. But at the moment, thats the system ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Thanks for the reply, you sure seem to be an extremely well-disciplined person and also it appears that you don't need a lot of sleep!

I love my sleep but circumstances being what they are, gotta make the most of every opportunity.

And what about you? What are you working on?

Uncharted 2:

0 / 1 survival wave 10 

Getting very close. This was one of the bigger grinds of the online games that I have currently installed on my trophy list. Getting this finished will be very good. 

The other two big ones left are last of us and ninja gaiden sigma 2 (even though there's only 4 coop missions left, each one deserves a gold trophy of its own)

New games:

Red Faction 2

Edited by kraven_15

Updates:

Uncharted 2 - Should be done with this tonight. I only need to complete wave 10 of Survival and I'm done. Should be reasonably easy I'd imagine. 

Dungeon Traveller's 2 - Finished the main campaign section and unlocked the Otherworld section. While the only two trophies I have left are kill 5000 and kill 20 000 enemies, I think I'll continue on and see if I can complete the Otherworld section. 

FEAR - Started the campaign on the first FEAR game in preparation for FEAR 3. I completed FEAR 2 years ago but thought it'd be good to see where it all began story wise. Up to Interval 4. 

Last of Us - I started playing the online recently, just a couple of games a night to see what it was like. It seems to play differently from other games. I'm definitely severely underpowered (at least that how I feel :P)

Most likely games to follow Uncharted 2 and FEAR will be Uncharted 3 (2 DLC trophies left for PS3), Uncharted 3 on PS4 or FEAR 3 on PS3 (assorted coop / multiplayer stuff). Or probably something else entirely!

So, as it turns out, I did something else entirely. I completed all of the Splinter Cell Blacklist online trophies last night. Very easy. They only take a couple of hours and 80% of them can be completed solo! Very easy. The campaign will have to wait until I finish the first 3 games though.

Uncharted 2 - 100% completed - Survival wave 10 was quite easy. Even with all the Brutes, they dropped their GAUs and you pretty much had infinite ammo because there were so many. But yes, very happy to be done with it!

54Le2eab1.png

Next up I'm thinking either back onto the FEAR 3 campaign or starting Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City's online trophies. Or, as usual, something completely different :)

Updates:

Started Alien Breed Assault.

I've decided to get all the coop stuff done for the 3 games. Because of this, i started the first game's campaign on Elite. So far i'm close to the end of the 2nd level. It's not very difficult, pretty fun game actually. 

I think i might need two playthroughs though as im not sure i'll be able to get 30000 credits on this run. 

Also got 2nd copies of injustice, transformers fall of cybertron and alien colonial marines, so will probably get back on the online trophy wagon soon too

Updates:

Alien Breed Impact

Completed all the single player stuff for the game. Ended up doing it across my elite playthrough. I definitely think i made it harder than necessary by doing the 30000 credits trophy on elite.

Basically i couldnt buy upgrades for weapons (i did buy the medkit one though). Once the trophy was done though, everything became much easier.  I bought the weapon upgrades for assault, shotgun and flamethrower. I didn't even use the other guns (except to unlock the trophy for using all items/weapons). Just the coop left to do now for plat. 

Injustice (ps3)

Conpleted most of the online part. The only trophy left is 'vote correctly ' in king of the hill. Easily done though. I finished many of the misc. trophies during this time too. Once I've ranked up to level 100 i might leave the game be until I'm ready

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the campaign for FEAR 1. I finished fear 2 some years ago and before i started fear 3, i figured i should get up to speed on the story.

It started off slow but as i progressed i found i wanted to keep going and find out more. The phone messages / laptops were a good optional story telling mrchanism.

Started the online for Aliens Colonial Marines. Just going to complete the online at this stage before doing other online stuff.

After this will be resident evil operation raccoon city or transformers fall of cybertron i think.

I've completed the better part of the online in aliens colonial marines. The only thing left is to complete the marines uniform. The shoulder pads are left but from what i read they unlock during online/offline challenge 15, which i just did ?

The online challenges weren't too bad. A bit of a grind but fine with 2 copies. Only needed my mate to jump in for 2 of them as a 3rd player.

I also realised tonight that i have the trophy for comleting level 3 but not for level 1. My theory is that i joined a random coop campaign match when doing my very first coop trophies thinking it was private. Hopefully i can confirm this somehow

All the online is now done for aliens colonial marines. Will save all the single player for a later date. 

Currently doing the online for resident evil operation raccoon city. Played 88 / 98 and done everything needing 2 people (except the dlc). Still need to do the 5 player ones.

Also started rayman legends.  Im having a great time with it so far... only 3 or 4 days in though. Level 5 awesomeness so far, completed the 1st world 100% and got 6 gold trophies so far online. No diamond, silver or bronze yet though either. Need to get a silver and bronze to get those two out of the way. So far, very enjoyable

• Like 1

2 new games:

I am Bread (ps4)

Walking Dead Season 1 (ps4)

Rayman Legends

I'm really enjoying it so far. Only been a week but i love the way the online is set up. It rewards you for improving, which is great. 

I've got 2 diamond cups so far and if all goes well, a 3rd one tonight. When i realised that 1 diamond cup is worth 5 gold, 10 silver or 50 bronze, it really sets up a perspective and motivates to try harder. 

I'm only half way through world 3 in the single player and sitting on just under 200 000 lums. I think because i really like this style of game, its nowhere near as bas a grind as it could be. 

Ps+ player influx has definitely helped with the diamond trophies too. If youre going to do this, now's the time.

• Like 1

New games:

Battlefield 1 + dlc

Titanfall 2

Rayman Legends

Still chugging away at this one. Finished all the main levels with diamond cups and im doing the origins ones now. 2/3 through the first world.

The online is still good fun. About 600 / 200 complete. My favourite is the fall down the tree trunk and collect 150 lums. 

Edited by kraven_15
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New games:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (ps4)

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard (ps4)

Still chugging along on rayman legends. I have 2 world left of origins maps and am currently sitting on 4320 of 6000. Quite the grind but the online challenge maps are still fun, so its not bad. Saving a lot of time by realising which ones are going to be diamond and which will only be gold. 

Will be attacking a bunch of other online games in a couple of weeks from now too. Looking forwardto getting them done