Game thoughts

AtotheMtotheZ

So what are your thoughts about this game?

I started playing it given it was free with PS Plus and kind off hooked me in the beginning. Problem is it is so freaking long and every quest needs you to complete other 3 quests and so on that you realize you played 5 hours just to unlock one door. It's boring. Also, I can't start a game and not finish it, so heads up before starting a game this long - it gets boring.

Edited by AtotheMtotheZ
  • Like 1

Played the first game years ago and found it very enjoyable in terms of progression. Picked up Darksiders 1 Definitive edition for PS4 and looking forward to play that and DS2.

28 minutes ago, AtotheMtotheZ said:

so heads up before starting a game this long - it gets boring.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind and prepare some Netflix stuff to run along just in case.

Think of it more as a hack & slash than an Action/Adventure... It plays like that with puzzles. Now for completionists, it's a grind, no doubt about that.

Personally this is my second most favorite hack and slash series I've played (Space Marine being my favorite). Though Netflix on the side wouldn't be out of question... only have to really pay attention to the large boss fights and the puzzles.

I like Darksiders II. It reminds me of Soul Reaver for the PS1.

But the crashes ruin it. I already have to play on the highest difficulty, and while it isn't THAT hard, I do have to pay attention. Having the game crash while I'm fighting against (and beating) a boss is lame. It's done so twice already.

I finally finished it. I stay true to my first opinion, it is boring and so long.

The story was so predictable that I knew what will happen since I started playing it (it is that obvious and the game has no paradigm changes, 100% linear from the beginning to the end).

The only thing that I liked was the voicing of the characters. Really good.

5/10.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On January 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM, AtotheMtotheZ said:

I finally finished it. I stay true to my first opinion, it is boring and so long.

The story was so predictable that I knew what will happen since I started playing it (it is that obvious and the game has no paradigm changes, 100% linear from the beginning to the end).

The only thing that I liked was the voicing of the characters. Really good.

5/10.

It was really fun, and it really evolved from the first Darksiders game. However, it's puzzles can be quite infuriating at times. If I didn't look up guides on YouTube, I'd still be lost. But come on, 5 out of 10? Isn't that a little harsh? I'd say 7.5 out of 10 is accurate. I'm playing it again, on apocalyptic difficulty.