Platinum Medals for All Time Trials (Aah, Heck No! Trophy)

rubhen925

It’s Rubhen here with a video guide for Defunct. I should have had this video out way earlier, but the game kept crashing on me making it hard for me to platinum it. But the game is fixed and works fine.

This video is for the Time Trials. I will show my platinum runs for all the time trials. Now I’m not really good at the game, but I do enough to earn the platinum medals for all the time trial levels. So if I can do it you guys certainly can.

My runs aren’t flawless, so if you’re struggling there’s hope.

The only real advice I can give is study the maps carefully for the best places to gravitize to gain momentum, and also to gain speed by hitting speed boosters. Once you master the controls and the way the character moves in the game, the rest is all about learning the map.

There are 15 maps in total, and all have to be beat quickly in order to get the Platinum Medal. Have fun getting them all!

Getting all 15 Platinum Medals will earn the trophy Aah, Heck No! and all the other trophies related to the time trials.

Timeline:

Lost - 0:00
Over the Hills - 1:21
Rolling Hills - 2:57
Into the Woods - 3:49
Treeline Track - 6:04
Valley - 7:18
Dawn - 8:47
Junkyard - 10:17
Skate Park - 12:31
Back on Track - 13:15
Pipeline - 14:56
Oasis - 15:47
Rock Bottom - 17:02
Crash Site - 18:52
Archipelago - 20:13
Trophies for Trials Unlocking - 20:57

Hope this helps and good luck!

Note: This game was provided by Bas of SOEDESCO. Thanks for the Opportunity!

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

I just thought I would put it out there, there is a glitch you can use to have the clock not start at all until you leave contact from the ground, so you can get a level completed with like 0:00 time on the clock or 0:01 or skip segments to cut down on the time of a run

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:53 PM, TASK360 said:

I just thought I would put it out there, there is a glitch you can use to have the clock not start at all until you leave contact from the ground, so you can get a level completed with like 0:00 time on the clock or 0:01 or skip segments to cut down on the time of a run

Better late than never:

Once you start the time trial, you can press the PS button to take you out of the game.
Go back into the still running game which will now be paused.
Select restart level
Now you can go about the level while the timer is stuck at zero

Note: Do not press anything but the R2 button until you're near the end of the level as it will start the timer

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 9:06 PM, TASK360 said:

Better late than never:

Once you start the time trial, you can press the PS button to take you out of the game.
Go back into the still running game which will now be paused.
Select restart level
Now you can go about the level while the timer is stuck at zero

Note: Do not press anything but the R2 button until you're near the end of the level as it will start the timer

Thank you, you’re a life saver. I was stuck on the forrest level and the first level for a while.

Also, for anyone who might be confused: you’re supposed to press the PS button when you’re on the starting launch pad, when you’re normal unable to pause the game. You then get immediately launched out upon restarting. Also, you are actually allowed to leave the ground, as long as you don't press the X, circle, or triangle button. Using the boost (L2) doesn’t start the timer, however.

Keep in mind, however, that you need to start the timer regardless before reaching the goal, or else it won’t register and you won’t get a medal. Also keep in mind that when you start the timer you will get launched in the direction that the starting launchpad normally would have launched you, regardless of what direction you are currently facing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 08/02/2023 at 10:09 PM, marco2001zecc said:

Thank you, you’re a life saver. I was stuck on the forrest level and the first level for a while.

Also, for anyone who might be confused: you’re supposed to press the PS button when you’re on the starting launch pad, when you’re normal unable to pause the game. You then get immediately launched out upon restarting. Also, you are actually allowed to leave the ground, as long as you don't press the X, circle, or triangle button. Using the boost (L2) doesn’t start the timer, however.

Keep in mind, however, that you need to start the timer regardless before reaching the goal, or else it won’t register and you won’t get a medal. Also keep in mind that when you start the timer you will get launched in the direction that the starting launchpad normally would have launched you, regardless of what direction you are currently facing.

Have any tips for Oasis, Rock Bottom, Crash Site or Archipelago? I'm also stuck on forrest level. ?

The glitch is pretty good, but some levels there are some holes that get in the way. Oh! I hate this game. ?

On 5/6/2023 at 11:09 PM, PauloRAz said:

Have any tips for Oasis, Rock Bottom, Crash Site or Archipelago? I'm also stuck on forrest level. 1f641.png

The glitch is pretty good, but some levels there are some holes that get in the way. Oh! I hate this game. 1f621.png

I made a quick video to show you how to beat them with the time trial glitch with as little time loss as possible. Be sure to read the video description as well.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get past the magnetic ramp section in the forest level without activating the timer. I recommend you look up some videos of people who beat it legitimately and see what route they took.

EDIT: I decided to upload my legitimate speedrun of Archipelago that I recorded before I found out about the glitch.

Edited by marco2001zecc

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2023 at 11:57 AM, marco2001zecc said:

I made a quick video to show you how to beat them with the time trial glitch with as little time loss as possible. Be sure to read the video description as well.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get past the magnetic ramp section in the forest level without activating the timer. I recommend you look up some videos of people who beat it legitimately and see what route they took.

Great video, I will use it. I don't know why I mentioned Crash Site, I had already passed that stage. I think my problem will continue to be the level of the Forest.

On the Archipelago level you seem to get a boost in the air, how is that possible without pressing X?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 11:09 PM, PauloRAz said:

Have any tips for Oasis, Rock Bottom, Crash Site or Archipelago? I'm also stuck on forrest level. 1f641.png

The glitch is pretty good, but some levels there are some holes that get in the way. Oh! I hate this game. 1f621.png

Forest is literally one of the pair of level you need to get good for half of it... But considering the rest this glitch was still a time saver

For any other level, just be patient and advance really slowly finding the curve which is "slippery enough" for you to get by it diagonally of something like that. You need still to practise the glitch a bit, but you can take it slow and not be aggravated every time like in some other game lol. Good luck